Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Why is it ?

8 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

good of you to volunteer to administrate it, sure you'll do a fantastic job:)

Why not just go for the new fangled idea of paying what you thought the product was worth, i.e 3-0 win £20, 1-1 draw £7-50, 0-3 loss £0 

A bit like going to a restaurant and paying what you thought the meal was worth, or downloading an album and paying for it if you liked it. 

Edited by ITMAN

3 minutes ago, Shay said:

If you’re from Halifax and don’t get excited by the video from FCHT on social media then there is something wrong with you. 

Yet they will be the first in the pub falling over themselves to support Eng er land 

it is very professionally done and shows some skill to get the tone right - very stirring.....

I have chatted to a few Halifax mates re why they don't go to the shay to support us even though they like football. I personally don't agree with this but they said its not the money but they found the games a bit boring which they have seen and also the experience of the day was a bit flat ie no half time entertainment or the like. Also a couple of mates used to go years ago when there was some of the old trouble on the terraces and said that put them off. 

I've had a productive evening.  

Our MP has given us our support,  the grayston pub, loafers vinyl in the piece Hall, plus many others have all speak the word. 

The club do brilliantly but we can all do our but. Just 15 mins sometime next week out of your time. We can spread the word. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, shaymen_x said:

I echo Hoddie above (too long to quote) and its backed up by the sheer lack of vocal support/enthusiasm on match days. It hasn't always been like that. We need to all get behind the team, we are in a good place and need to kick on now. 

Ditto 

Considering that the club was not in a good position at the start of the season, and the previous season was not a success, on looking at the attendances this season things are a lot better. The average attendance is up from 1555 to 2149 (approx. 38% increase). We have had more spectators through the door already this season than last with 5 games still to go.

So if a similar increase could be made for next season then things do not look as bad as some fear.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Considering that the club was not in a good position at the start of the season, and the previous season was not a success, on looking at the attendances this season things are a lot better. The average attendance is up from 1555 to 2149 (approx. 38% increase). We have had more spectators through the door already this season than last with 5 games still to go.

So if a similar increase could be made for next season then things do not look as bad as some fear.

gain promotion and the att will increase by 60/70% going up to 3.5k plus.

1 hour ago, riccardo259 said:

Half time entertainment? What sort of thing were they expecting, Bon Jovi to show up and play a couple of songs? Is the kids 5-a-side not enough?

One time Blue Square did a juggling contest at half time with a blue cube. That was a hoot! The half time schools tournament is good enough for me.

The best half-time entertainment I've seen, though, was at VfL Osnabrück a few years back. They were sponsored by a coffee company and the local brewer and had two half time competitions: Schieß die Latté von der Latte (shoot the latté off the crossbar) where a big plastic coffee cup was placed on the crossbar and fans would try to shoot it down from the edge of the penalty area to win a coffee machine. The second bit of entertainment involved a race where two randomly selected fans would run across the pitch carrying a beer barrel, down a pint, place it on their head, and run back with the beer barrel to the finish line, all while the Benny Hill theme played over the tannoy. The winner got a crate of Osnabrücker Pils. Maybe Calder Valley Brewery would be up for something similar? :D

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, olitheshayman said:

One time Blue Square did a juggling contest at half time with a blue cube. That was a hoot! The half time schools tournament is good enough for me.

The best half-time entertainment I've seen, though, was at VfL Osnabrück a few years back. They were sponsored by a coffee company and the local brewer and had two half time competitions: Schieß die Latté von der Latte (shoot the latté off the crossbar) where a big plastic coffee cup was placed on the crossbar and fans would try to shoot it down from the edge of the penalty area to win a coffee machine. The second bit of entertainment involved a race where two randomly selected fans would run across the pitch carrying a beer barrel, down a pint, place it on their head, and run back with the beer barrel to the finish line, all while the Benny Hill theme played over the tannoy. The winner got a crate of Osnabrücker Pils. Maybe Calder Valley Brewery would be up for something similar? :D

Reminds me of the Christmas rugby matches we used to have when I was in Germany, Officers v the oiks, where every time the ball was kicked out of play the game stopped and we all had to have a drink. By halftime the players were begging the fly halfs and full backs to pass the ball and stop kicking it.

• Haha 1

This is why I don’t think play offs is secure yet because of games like this. We are so inconsistent and today’s been dreadful so far 

Edited by TJAshton

4 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

This is why I don’t think play offs is secure yet because of games like this. We are so inconsistent and today’s been dreadful so far 

I thought wins were guaranteed with TSS on the bench?

• Like 2

Just now, Hoddie said:

I thought wins were guaranteed with TSS on the bench?

Can I just say I’ve never said a win is guaranteed that was Greggs who always says it’s a guaranteed loss if TSS starts. 

I’ve always said it gives us a better chance if we start our best team and TSS doesn’t come close to making that. 

13 hours ago, riccardo259 said:

Half time entertainment? What sort of thing were they expecting, Bon Jovi to show up and play a couple of songs? Is the kids 5-a-side not enough?

Just a question to those there today - what did you think of the half time schools 5-a-side game?

13 hours ago, riccardo259 said:

Nice for the kids but no probably not enough. Bon Jovi tribute act would be good! Seriously though its the whole package that needs looking at and the thread is about this. Why not try a crossbar challenge or something similar

10 minutes ago, Granty said:

Just a question to those there today - what did you think of the half time schools 5-a-side game?

1 player was class, thing he was number 8,took on a few players and instead of shooting laid it off on a plate to his mate to score

• Like 1

That’s my son!! I’m his biggest critic but thought he played really well the first half. He’s at the FCHT Academy under 11s which is a fantastic set up with great coaches. 

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 4:45 PM, hunsworthhound said:

I was Terry Shanahan who scored the hatrick that night. the only person who has ever played league football who was born on the same day as me

I was Terry Shanahan

23 hours ago, shaymanrik said:

I have chatted to a few Halifax mates re why they don't go to the shay to support us even though they like football. I personally don't agree with this but they said its not the money but they found the games a bit boring which they have seen and also the experience of the day was a bit flat ie no half time entertainment or the like. Also a couple of mates used to go years ago when there was some of the old trouble on the terraces and said that put them off. 

Bring back the Mixie Majorettes!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Bring back the Mixie Majorettes!

I thought they were a kazoo band. Now that might be something for the younger members to ask  - what is a kazoo?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Think they will be all 40 year old grannies now

They've come up with a clever system, they audition a new batch every year

• Haha 1