Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Why is it ?

Just now, Shaytrev said:

Would not have had you know who anywhere near the place. Do not come back saying he deserves to start, it's old hat.

We got 3 points end of! Doesn't matter if you scrape through or not. The team that won the conference way back scraped through many games at this stage of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

We got 3 points end of! Doesn't matter if you scrape through or not. The team that won the conference way back scraped through many games at this stage of the season. 

That team strolled it.

I think a lot of us were taken by surprise by the Bishop Auckland attendance. I arrived in what I thought was plenty of time but finished up in a long queue at those old turnstiles at the bottom end where the old scoreboard was. I think I missed nearly 30 mins but didn't miss a goal. I seem to recall Archie Taylor scoring with a header (it was a collectors piece to see him head the ball never mind him score with his head :D) . it doesn't seem to differ down the ages you get the crowds for big games and they disappear once they are over.

Edited by townmad

You cannot make a comparison with stockport chesterfield or any other town with one professional club we have two as do Barrow and Rochdale. Look at Barrow and their gates are similar to ours and there top of the league.

I echo Hoddie above (too long to quote) and its backed up by the sheer lack of vocal support/enthusiasm on match days. It hasn't always been like that. We need to all get behind the team, we are in a good place and need to kick on now. 

Edited by shaymen_x
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

You cannot make a comparison with stockport chesterfield or any other town with one professional club we have two as do Barrow and Rochdale. Look at Barrow and their gates are similar to ours and there top of the league.

Plus their chairman is shouting about the advantages of being in the football league.

10 hours ago, greygoose said:

The Wembley one is my favourite, the club announced we'd sold just over 10,000 days before the final. But each year the following grows and now stands st 13600 (unofficial) cant wait to tell my future grandkids how we once took 25k to Wembley!

The club sold 10,000 and a further 3,600 bought them directly from Wembley. I thought that was common knowledge.

2 minutes ago, kit said:

The club sold 10,000 and a further 3,600 bought them directly from Wembley. I thought that was common knowledge.

It is apart from a few on here who need it repeated to them incessantly, perhaps they get off on the figure, who knows?

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

If I've learned anything from following Halifax Town over the years, it is that the club has some of the most pessimistic, defeatist supporters going. So many embrace mediocrity and struggle to cope when things are going well. They begin to pick at threads hoping it'll all unravel.

Third in the league and half the users on here spend their time calling the manager crap and deluded. Club's never had cheaper season tickets or better off field stuff going on, yet some quite happy to whinge about anything and everything. 

A club like Halifax Town belongs in the Football League. It's a pretty benign statement but probably two thirds of our supporters wouldn't agree for one reason or another. Worse still, some supporters would actually prefer to bounce around non league and justify that nonsense by saying its out natural level.

A sustained period in the league, with the occasional punt at the play offs would easily see our attendances approach 4k. Away fans alone would see to that. But you'd still have some numpty prefer to be among 400 watching Town play Newcastle Blue Star in the arm pit of the North East. 

If the club was more vocal about its ambitions, and the supporters less accepting of mediocrity, that's half the battle done. This season has proven you don't need an Arab billionaire or an overdraft that Thomas Cook would be embarrassed of in order to compete on the field. But the club is destined to be a fraction of its true potential because too many are happy enough with where we are.

Our only hope, and I never thought I'd say this, is that this bod have more ambition than the supporters. 

never a truer word said

59 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

Yes, look at Leeds, oh and once upon a time they had 4 rugby clubs not one.

1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

Yes, look at Leeds, oh and once upon a time they had 4 rugby clubs not one.

Leeds, Bramley, Hunslet, who was the other? Memory going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

If I've learned anything from following Halifax Town over the years, it is that the club has some of the most pessimistic, defeatist supporters going. So many embrace mediocrity and struggle to cope when things are going well. They begin to pick at threads hoping it'll all unravel.

Third in the league and half the users on here spend their time calling the manager crap and deluded. Club's never had cheaper season tickets or better off field stuff going on, yet some quite happy to whinge about anything and everything. 

A club like Halifax Town belongs in the Football League. It's a pretty benign statement but probably two thirds of our supporters wouldn't agree for one reason or another. Worse still, some supporters would actually prefer to bounce around non league and justify that nonsense by saying its out natural level.

A sustained period in the league, with the occasional punt at the play offs would easily see our attendances approach 4k. Away fans alone would see to that. But you'd still have some numpty prefer to be among 400 watching Town play Newcastle Blue Star in the arm pit of the North East. 

If the club was more vocal about its ambitions, and the supporters less accepting of mediocrity, that's half the battle done. This season has proven you don't need an Arab billionaire or an overdraft that Thomas Cook would be embarrassed of in order to compete on the field. But the club is destined to be a fraction of its true potential because too many are happy enough with where we are.

Our only hope, and I never thought I'd say this, is that this bod have more ambition than the supporters. 

Couldn’t disagree with any of this , one thing we are capable of is getting the big one off crowds which dwarfs most others at our level , doubt Hartlepool Yeovil or Torquay would have matched the Chorley gate 

Pricing is where this board have fallen down badly. The discounted season ticket offer was welcomed with increased sales on the back of a terrible, boring season. Regular fans bought those tickets to make a significant saving. If you want new fans then they are attracted through pay on the gate. How many people do you know who hardly attend decided to stump up £199 on a whim? They need hooking in by attending games and then returning. But at £20 a pop with you are having a laugh. It becomes an expensive new hobby. Some clubs in our league are 25pc cheaper and in the glue leagues they were 50pc cheaper. If the gate price was £15 our average this year would be over 2,500 maybe. League two with attractive prices 3,500 given the increased away support.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Leeds, Bramley, Hunslet, who was the other? Memory going.

Shaytrev, mine is as well, you are right, don't know where I got 4 from! However, we should not discount the strong RUFC clubs as well, although some such as Roundhay are not the powers they once were (Roundhay/Headingley).  

34 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

And leeds has population of about 600,000 

It is all relative I suppose. If the population of Halifax is 100,000 then on a like for like basis we should be getting just short of 6,000 per game, Leeds Utd average 35,000. I tried to find out the Rhino's attendance figures but like Halifax RLFC they seem not to display this information. 

Even if you took a male perspective, that is only 50% of the population (males) counted then we should still be pulling in 3,000.

31 minutes ago, Redcard said:

Pricing is where this board have fallen down badly. The discounted season ticket offer was welcomed with increased sales on the back of a terrible, boring season. Regular fans bought those tickets to make a significant saving. If you want new fans then they are attracted through pay on the gate. How many people do you know who hardly attend decided to stump up £199 on a whim? They need hooking in by attending games and then returning. But at £20 a pop with you are having a laugh. It becomes an expensive new hobby. Some clubs in our league are 25pc cheaper and in the glue leagues they were 50pc cheaper. If the gate price was £15 our average this year would be over 2,500 maybe. League two with attractive prices 3,500 given the increased away support.

Redcard, I agree with what you say in that ardent fans will take up a season ticket offer, but what we need is new blood.

How about this for a bit of blue sky thinking. Repeat the season ticket offer, but add in a number of free tickets for use by a guest of the season ticket holder, or reduced price tickets on the same basis. This way we could use the best ambassadors we have for the club, those fans who come rain or shine, to bring along undecided family members, work colleagues or neighbours to see if we can get them to feel the same way we all do.

My personal view on season tickets is that they should be available to purchase all through the season with the price altering after every game and always getting slightly more expensive on the average per match

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

My personal view on season tickets is that they should be available to purchase all through the season with the price altering after every game and always getting slightly more expensive on the average per match

good of you to volunteer to administrate it, sure you'll do a fantastic job:)

2 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

good of you to volunteer to administrate it, sure you'll do a fantastic job:)

Shouldn't be that difficult for a team that can run two car showrooms and a football club and using ID cards instead of ticket books could make it a breeze

If you’re from Halifax and don’t get excited by the video from FCHT on social media then there is something wrong with you. 

Yet they will be the first in the pub falling over themselves to support Eng er land 

• Like 1