Today’s Game ...Sutton U

Never seen a team as anti football as Sutton! My god it was actually embarrassing. Time wasting from the first minute and just disrupting  and stopping the game all night! They got what they deserved in the end which was sweet F**k all! 

Special mention to the referee who was absolutely atrocious! J King goes down softly albeit but he was fouled in the box in the 1st half and he waves play on and doesn’t even book him for diving! 

Prior to that he gives offside when Silva puts the ball in the back of the net and linesman didn’t even flag! 

Danny Williams was the best player on the pitch tonight a superb performance.

I feel Woking will be similar on Saturday

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh dear!!! I thought the experts on here said “if Wild starts with Sho-Silva, we would lose”

Redshaw needs to up his game in my opinion. He seems to have gone quiet in games, last night he seemed to be on the periphery for most of his time on the pitch. Not doubting the lads quality and I am

Don’t pay much attention to others  we just have to keep winning our games 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, rumrunner said:

Oh dear!!! I thought the experts on here said “if Wild starts with Sho-Silva, we would lose”

Well our goal came when he was off... we all know who our best strikers are however all will play a part and have to back every player. Tobi actually had a good finish for the goal that got disallowed 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, rumrunner said:

He wasnt on the pitch when we scored. Try again muppet..

I actually thought he did ok tonight. He was a goal threat at times. Put himself about. Still wouldn't be starting saturday for me though. 

It wasn’t exactly vintage from town tonight but from the Sutton Utd forum you’d get the feeling the positions are wrong. 

Deluded much? They seem confident given they’re only 6 above the drop. 

garethl
1st team skipper

garethl Avatar

27 minutes ago via mobile  
Post Options

Post by garethl on 27 minutes ago

Disappointing result against a very limited Halifax side. Hard to believe they are in the play off scrap. We missed Harry tonight just need a player 

Yes, out of all the sides coming to GGL they looked one of the most ordinary. Bit disappointing to be doubled by them but guess there will always be one or two like that. Nice run of home games now, hopefully we can pick up a couple of wins. They’ve played us at 2 good times, first when on a dire run and today when a bit threadbare. Side still competitive without John, Beautyman, Eastmond, Davis and Wright bodes well. 

• Haha 1

There were 3 things that were absolutely appalling tonight. In order :-

1. The ref. He was dreadful. I do know that he was being assessed tonight and unfortunately for him, his performance tonight will probably scupper any remote chance of him progressing as a football official. If he gets another game in the National League again then we can only hope that he doesn`t officiate us again. To cut a story short and for the avoidance of any doubt. He was ******* ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Sutton were nearly as bad as the officials. It`s been mentioned earlier by someone but you wouldn`t want to watch them every week would you? It`s quite hard to describe their tactics other than they came to spoil the game and they succeeded. How they are mid table is anyones guess.

3. Slightly contentious this one. I have to say that TSS was really poor again. He isn`t good enough for this standard of football. Anyone who knows about football will not disagree with this statement. 

2 minutes ago, obmij77 said:

It wasn’t exactly vintage from town tonight but from the Sutton Utd forum you’d get the feeling the positions are wrong. 

garethl
1st team skipper

garethl Avatar

Post Options

Disappointing result against a very limited Halifax side. Hard to believe they are in the play off scrap. We missed Harry tonight just need a player 

Yes, out of all the sides coming to GGL they looked one of the most ordinary. Bit disappointing to be doubled by them but guess there will always be one or two like that. Nice run of home games now, hopefully we can pick up a couple of wins. They’ve played us at 2 good times, first when on a dire run and today when a bit threadbare. Side still competitive without John, Beautyman, Eastmond, Davis and Wright bodes well. 

They were competitive but not at football, we may ordinary but what does that make them when we have done them twice

That was a hard earned 3 points tonight. Agree MOM Danny Williams, he was everywhere & had a very good game. Nice to see Devante realizing we needed more in midfield & dropping back to good effect (he wanted the win) & worked his socks off.

Fitting that it was Nathan Clarke who earned the PEN, he also had a good game.

Scrappy at times & not helped by poor officials, If I am being critical, I just wish that PW didn't get so involved with the 4th official. It doesn't help the Team.

Onwards to Saturday & grind out another 3 points hopefully.

• Like 2
Just now, Roy Race said:

They were competitive but not at football, we may ordinary but what does that make them when we have done them twice

These are people who have to spend 600k on a one bedroom studio apartment converted from a garden shed...spose it helps to a bit deluded?

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, arryarry said:

1. The ref. He was dreadful. I do know that he was being assessed tonight and unfortunately for him, his performance tonight will probably scupper any remote chance of him progressing as a football official. If he gets another game in the National League again then we can only hope that he doesn`t officiate us again. To cut a story short and for the avoidance of any doubt. He was ******* ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Sutton were nearly as bad as the officials. It`s been mentioned earlier by someone but you wouldn`t want to watch them every week would you? It`s quite hard to describe their tactics other than they came to spoil the game and they succeeded. How they are mid table is anyones guess.

3. Slightly contentious this one. I have to say that TSS was really poor again. He isn`t good enough for this standard of football. Anyone who knows about football will not disagree with this statement. 

How do you know he was being assessed? 

12 minutes ago, obmij77 said:

These are people who have to spend 600k on a one bedroom studio apartment converted from a garden shed...spose it helps to a bit deluded?

We all wake up on the wrong side of the bed sometimes. When you live in the capital that unfortunately means falling onto the electric hobs rather than enjoying the soft landing of the shower cubicle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The assessor was sat 2 rows back from me. I was talking to a very well respected ex official and he was very circumspect about what he could say until the assessor had to move because the lads in front of him kept standing up complaining about the referee. Then he told me that there was an assessor for the ref!

1 minute ago, Pliny Harris said:

We all wake up on the wrong side of the bed sometimes. When you live in the capital that unfortunately means falling onto the electric hobs rather than enjoying the soft landing of the shower cubicle.

I think kasabian said it best....it was an ‘error’ by one if their technical staff at a Glasgow gig.

image.png.ccddb45e17a69345fd0d6821877ebad1.png

I'm coming on to gloat because we started Sho-Silva. Allen came off the bench as an impact player and we won. I called it at teatime!! 

Ha, it wasn't the best and we became predictable with the same ballbeing played. It's was ugly but 3pts is all tat matters. 

Oh and I was right!! :D

• Like 3

Tonight had all the hallmarks of one of those games where we would dominate a game against a team coming to spoil, and end up being thwarted through gamesmanship and poor officials. 

It feels so good to get a last minute winner against sides like this who pretty much set up to spoil any game being played. 

It wasn't pretty, it was a horrible game to view and its not one that will be long remembered. However, it may turn out to be such a big three points at the end of the season. I'm just delighted we took all the points as Sutton deserved the grand total of nothing. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I'm coming on to gloat because we started Sho-Silva. Allen came off the bench as an impact player and we won. I called it at teatime!! 

Ha, it wasn't the best and we became predictable with the same ballbeing played. It's was ugly but 3pts is all tat matters. 

Oh and I was right!! :D

Sho Silva played well for him tonight. Worked hard but he also offered a goal threat

If we are being picky though the win came when he wasnt on the pitch :lol:

11 minutes ago, shaycrazy said:

Today's Ref in 12 games in the National this season he has issued 50 yellow cards and 5 reds. We have had him 4 times. 

What made me laugh was the linesman by the Skircoat who didn't say a peep all night or anything give an offside in the 2nd half when I think it was Allen went through.  Can't remember which player. 

That ref was bad. Are the linesmen equally as bad because they're paired with the same ref most games and that sets the tonend?  

We got lucky that he decided to give us a penalty on the whole, but I'll obviously take it. 

3 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Sho Silva played well for him tonight. Worked hard but he also offered a goal threat

If we are being picky though the win came when he wasnt on the pitch :lol:

He did play well. Im not his greatest fan but I'll support him. I said he would feature at some point so we have to suck it up and hope he does well. 

I couldn't tell the offside from the south stand, but I reckon we would have battered them had that been allowed. 

Sutton and the ref ruined that game. I'll give any lad his due if they play well and fair play to Tobi.

1 hour ago, arryarry said:

The referee was an absolute disgrace. 

Like you say... I hope he was assessed tonight. 

He called the penalty then lost all authority immediately. 

Back to the Northern county's Mr Mather. 

1 hour ago, obmij77 said:

garethl
1st team skipper

garethl Avatar

Post Options

A9C3F03A-3982-45D4-95E3-95C33B62D169.jpeg

• Like 1