Nick

Today’s Game ...Sutton U

FLea posted the goal on twitter ...and now on here :) 

Edited by Nick

4 minutes ago, andrich said:

Shame Harrogate got a 92nd minute winner

Three former Shaymen on the scoresheet - Dents, Boden and Muldoon with the winner. 

Don’t pay much attention to others 

we just have to keep winning our games 

• Like 4

Didn’t think it was going to be our night. Sutton came to spoil the game. Love winning those sort of games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Didn’t think it was going to be our night. Sutton came to spoil the game. Love winning those sort of games.

3 points is all that matters.

• Like 3

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

3 points is all that matters.

Indeed. Could be a big win that.

Might not have a voice in the morning. Roared myself hoarse. 

Sutton shithoused there way through all of that and got exactly what they deserved. I hope we laughed in their faces on the way off. They can take that ref back with them and pay him a bit more next time.

I mean how can the ref give offside before the linesman. Corrupt  

Big big win on a very heavy pitch. When things were not going for us. 

Well done boys. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Massive 3 points, frustrating throughout but that is Halifax Town.

Think Sutton contributed massively to it being a frustrating game, referee was appalling throughout. 

Massive holes in our midfeld at times especially 2nd half. We really need someone with a cool head in there. Rodney really is some player. Class above tonight. 

• Like 3

Got what we deserved. 1 of the worst teams ive seen down the shay this season. Time wasting, fouling,long ball every pass,little attacking ambition, came for a point and leave with nothing  Well done town. Its hard to break down a side with 9 men behind the ball. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AJS said:

Have to say I'm glad Sutton's constant cheating and shithousery came to nothing. They got exactly what they deserved despite much help from the referee.

• Like 1

Thought Sutton were very poor today and only showed any intent after we scored. Back 3 were very solid, Williams played really well, thought Redshaw looked off the pace, Rodney always looks dangerous and needs to be on the ball more. Well deserved 3 points - hopefully 3 more on Saturday 

• Like 1

The pace of Jamie Allen is incredible, surely the Sutton player was not so slow as to get a five yard start and finish five yard's behind in a twenty yard sprint for the ball.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Might not have a voice in the morning. Roared myself hoarse. 

Sutton shithoused there way through all of that and got exactly what they deserved. I hope we laughed in their faces on the way off. They can take that ref back with them and pay him a bit more next time.

I mean how can the ref give offside before the linesman. Corrupt  

Big big win on a very heavy pitch. When things were not going for us. 

Well done boys. 

The guy was offside, couldn’t believe the linesman failed to give it.

• Like 1

It's always good to get a goal so late on against a team who play like Sutton but it's annoying that the time added on then benefits the team that has been doing the time wasting. In the end they good what they deserved.

1 minute ago, Amber SUFC said:

From our end it did look that way however how can the ref give offside before the lino? 

Stonewall pen first half. 

Sutton were very very poor. And then to top it off to start kicking the penalty spot not just 1 but half the team. There's spoiling tactics then there's just blatant cheating and unsportsmanahip. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amber SUFC said:

He was clearly offside, the linesman was clueless along with the ref, if I performed like that at work tomorrow I’d be sacked, by the way  I feel sorry for you having to watch that team of yours every week ,  safe journey home.

Thought Danny Williams and Jeff King were excellent in their roles today. Defensively we were brilliant, can’t remember Sam having anything to save all game.

Think the pitch played its part today, awful surface.

As for the referee he was shockingly incompetent, but aren’t they all.

Well deserved win. Need the same effort against Woking, but expect Cam King to start that game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

From our end it did look that way however how can the ref give offside before the lino? 

Stonewall pen first half. 

Sutton were very very poor. And then to top it off to start kicking the penalty spot not just 1 but half the team. There's spoiling tactics then there's just blatant cheating and unsportsmanahip. 

All designed to put pressure on the penalty taker, waste as much time as possible to cause him to have to wait .Rodney walked away with the ball to stay focused. 

Big Sam didn't have a save to make tonight, my man of the match was Williams, he had a great game.

• Like 1

Got what they deserved....Sutton that is. Without sounding like and arch northerner; what is it with these southern teams...mostly dirty, ‘playing the game’ 24/7, cynical, bell-ends! 

Aside from the appalling foul thought their no. 28 Reid was decent though....

• Like 1

Just now, townmad said:

All designed to put pressure on the penalty taker, waste as much time as possible to cause him to have to wait .Rodney walked away with the ball to stay focused. 

Big Sam didn't have a save to make tonight, my man of the match was Williams, he had a great game.

I'd have to agree both the wingbacks won every battle all night long. King was decent on the other side too. 

Problem is none of them got booked for digging up the pitch. King shouldn't have come in though. Delayed things further. 

Not the best penalty mind. If the keeper had guessed right he would have just been able to fall on it. But he didn't so irrelevant. 

15 minutes ago, Amber SUFC said:

Ref in no position at all to decide if he was offside or not. You got what you deserved anyway which was nothing. Cant have been happy with that performance by your side,  no attacking intent, every time long ball, came for a 0-0, got nothing 

Did anyone see the older bloke in the Sutton end after we scored the pen btw....giving it the full ‘green street’.....:D