Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Nick

Today’s Game ...Sutton U

If Rodney is fit he will start and then we will win .. 

otherwise who knows .. feel we are due for a good performance.. 

just so want a win .... playoffs here we come 

1-0 to the mighty town 

Edited by Nick
  • Thanks 1

2-1 to the Shaymen.  Let's get behind thrm and have no jitters from the off. 

There's FA Cup action on the BBC tonight and the weather hasn't been great so I expect to take a hit on the attendance. But we can make up for it by supporting them because the players will hear the moans and groans tonight. 

14 minutes ago, Nick said:

If Rodney is fit he will start and then we will win .. 

otherwise who knows .. feel we are due for a good performance.. 

just so want a win .... playoffs here we come 

1-0 to the mighty town 

Cmon Nick you can’t be saying that. The No Sho lovers will be after you. 

• Confused 1

I am simple .. you start your best players if they are fit 

others get a chance from the bench or through injuries to stake a claim .. strangely this season few have really taken their chance to shine when they have had the opportunity 

13 minutes ago, Nick said:

others get a chance from the bench or through injuries to stake a claim .. strangely this season few have really taken their chance to shine when they have had the opportunity 

I hope Wild has learnt from last game and needs to play his best team with the best possible chance of winning 

31 minutes ago, Nick said:

The best team isn't necessarily the best players tho Nick eh!

I wouldn't be surprised if Sho-Silva got a start tonight with slight doubts over Rodney's fitness and involvement. Also Allen on the bench for a late impact? 

I don't know what Sutton are like so I'm not basing my thoughts on how to combat them. Just in terms of fitness and keeping things fresh as possible for Saturday too. 

14 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Sho-Silva got a start tonight with slight doubts over Rodney's fitness and involvement. Also Allen on the bench for a late impact? 

I don't know what Sutton are like so I'm not basing my thoughts on how to combat them. Just in terms of fitness and keeping things fresh as possible for Saturday too. 

Why the **** do we want a late impact player and be chasing the game. Get at them from the off with your best team and try get ahead instead of chasing the game. 

Allen is a great impact sub if you have Rodney and Redshaw starting but not No Sho Silva. Allen is 1000000000x better than him. 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Why the **** do we want a late impact player and be chasing the game. Get at them from the off with your best team and try get ahead instead of chasing the game. 

Allen is a great impact sub if you have Rodney and Redshaw starting but not No Sho Silva. Allen is 1000000000x better than him. 

Haven't said I wanted that. I said it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case tonight.

Players need to be managed. It's a midweek game, it's a cold night on a heavier pitch than last month. It could be a factor in the lineup. Not WILL BE a factor. 

1 minute ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Haven't said I wanted that. I said it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case tonight.

Players need to be managed. It's a midweek game, it's a cold night on a heavier pitch than last month. It could be a factor in the lineup. Not WILL BE a factor. 

If Sho Silva starts we will lose. Simple 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

If Sho Silva starts we will lose. Simple 

Don’t know about a guaranteed loss but it certainly reduces our chances of a win.

4 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I’m not saying you did say that. 

“It’s a midweek game, it’s a cold night” why on earth would that matter and why would we need to change our team. There will not be any tired legs tonight and all should be fresh and ready for a fight to stay in the play offs! 

5 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

You'd always start with an injured Rodney and an out of form Redshaw or Allen who didn't look interested last time out ?

As opposed to Sho Silva who spends all match falling over his own feet? 

6 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Wild needs to sign another forward then 

Or he could just play the 3 he has. Or even 4. I have no issue with Silva coming off the bench when the games over to rest the 1 of the frontline. However this is a play off battle we are in and some are suggesting we start a centre forward that offers no goal threat. He isn't good enough to be starting games given what we are trying to achieve and I doubt anyone could disagree with that 

Perhaps PW will surprise us all and play Binnom-Williams as a makeshift centre forward. A bit more beef than Bambi !

It worked for Fred Pickering !

43 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Surely we should be worrying about tonight’s game rather than the one on Saturday? Players should all be fresh as a daisy so I hope he doesn’t consider resting players tonight so they are fresh for the weekend.

39 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I’m not saying you did say that. 

“It’s a midweek game, it’s a cold night” why on earth would that matter and why would we need to change our team. There will not be any tired legs tonight and all should be fresh and ready for a fight to stay in the play offs! 

A cold night = cold muscles. Somebody like Allen with his "explosiveness" could do some damage. 

Rodney has been injured. 

A 3 day rest until the next game compared to a full week. It's why we have a squad of players. 

4 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

A cold night = cold muscles. Somebody like Allen with his "explosiveness" could do some damage. 

Rodney has been injured. 

A 3 day rest until the next game compared to a full week. It's why we have a squad of players. 

Yes exactly he could do some damage so let’s start him.

No point playing Bambi up top in these “Icy” Conditions. 

• Like 1

If Rodney is fit ..you start him you don’t test him save him or whatever 

you start him .. when we are 3-0 up you can then rotate him .. but not before 

we have to go out to win each game in the order we play them ., classic one game at a time 

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Don’t know about a guaranteed loss but it certainly reduces our chances of a win.

Oh please give it a frigging rest! It’s getting boring the same 3 people repeating the same old story!

• Like 4