Ash

Halesowen

4 hours ago, Ash said:

Fantastic result yet again beating Barnet after extra time. I hope they get a favourable semi final now and get to Wembley! What a fantastic run they’ve had.

Yes good luck to them. So long as the lad who injured Duckworth misses out.

• Haha 1

I also wish them all the best. I can not decide if drawing the next lowest opponents or drawing Notts County is best for them. They have proved that they can beat anybody but drawing Notts. C. would garauntee decent revenue whist the others would not.

Viking

Amazing you have come so far and having to play away from home against some big clubs but good luck and what a good way to attract new fans.

44 minutes ago, RobYeltz said:

Evening Shaymen,

We took over 600 fans to Barnet on Saturday and with interest growing in the club we will surely take more to a semi final, Notts County is clearly the most lucrative for the club with a two legged game against them however it's arguably the most difficult too. In 90 minutes we fear nobody but over two games it's obviously trickier still over two games.  We'll get a decent allocation of tickets and it's an hour and a bit up the road.  Harrogate will also be a tough game for us, it's another trip to Yorkshire but we'll also get a reasonable allocation of tickets I should think. We would of course have to play on one of those bloody 3G pitches. The Concord v Royston game is still to be played and this is where we could have an issue with tickets, smaller ground - less tickets but they play a similar step to us. 

At this stage we'll take whatever we get - it's amazing to even think we're still in it and looking strong. If we did get Harrogate I'm sure one or two of you could give us some additional support!

Harrogate possibly sounds your best route to Wembley and tbh the pitch should be ok for the way you play (just be wary that your defenders don't keep slicing the ball into your own net)

1 hour ago, RobYeltz said:

Evening Shaymen,

We took over 600 fans to Barnet on Saturday and with interest growing in the club we will surely take more to a semi final, Notts County is clearly the most lucrative for the club with a two legged game against them however it's arguably the most difficult too. In 90 minutes we fear nobody but over two games it's obviously trickier still over two games.  We'll get a decent allocation of tickets and it's an hour and a bit up the road.  Harrogate will also be a tough game for us, it's another trip to Yorkshire but we'll also get a reasonable allocation of tickets I should think. We would of course have to play on one of those bloody 3G pitches. The Concord v Royston game is still to be played and this is where we could have an issue with tickets, smaller ground - less tickets but they play a similar step to us. 

At this stage we'll take whatever we get - it's amazing to even think we're still in it and looking strong. If we did get Harrogate I'm sure one or two of you could give us some additional support!

Rob, I suppose that you might want the easy route to the final, as the prize money from reaching Wembley and the gate money on the big day will easily outweigh having to play either Notts County or Harrogate in the semi's. Being totally selfish, I would prefer Harrogate to play Notts County in the semi's, and that they kick lumps off each other, over the course of 2 games. Which will of course add to the fixture congestion for them both.

10 hours ago, RobYeltz said:

Evening Shaymen,

hi Robyeltz, I think playing the winner of the concord. V. Royston ,  would be the best route for your boys to progress to the final, avoid Harrogate for now they are on a very good run, ideally you want notts c in the final ( I’m sure you’ll get there )  = more££££ for your club that’s if I’m correct in thinking the the gate receipts are shared ? Good luck in the next round. Psst if you do draw Harrogate I think most shaymen would be behind you.

9 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Rob, I suppose that you might want the easy route to the final, as the prize money from reaching Wembley and the gate money on the big day will easily outweigh having to play either Notts County or Harrogate in the semi's. Being totally selfish, I would prefer Harrogate to play Notts County in the semi's, and that they kick lumps off each other, over the course of 2 games. Which will of course add to the fixture congestion for them both.

Hopefully with a big 22 man brawl and multiple sendings off

Draw for the FA Trophy Semi-Finals, see Harrogate Town take on Notts County, and our good friends Halesowen take on the winners of Concorde Rangers or Royston Town, for a place at Wembley.

Good luck to the Yeltz.

As hoped for Harrogate and Notts County can tire each other out..... 

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

FA worried that they might end up with an all Lower league final ?

If that was the case we would have played Grimsby in the semis 4 years ago.

28 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Possibly, Wembley would look pretty empty if only 10,000 turned up.

That could well still happen , if Harrogate get there v one of the others  I can see an attendance of under  10,000.

7 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

That could well still happen , if Harrogate get there v one of the others  I can see an attendance of under  10,000.

What was the attendance when we played in the Final? How many of those were from Halifax?

total for both games just short of 50,000 I think, 20,000 from Hereford and around 13,000 from Halifax. I may of course be completely wrong about that:D

7 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

total for both games just short of 50,000 I think, 20,000 from Hereford and around 13,000 from Halifax. I may of course be completely wrong about that:D

46,781 :D

That draw just enphasies how big of an opportunity we have missed. Of course no point dwelling on it but another Wembley final was well and truly on the cards in that competition 

• Like 1

Just now, Greggs said:

That draw just enphasies how big of an opportunity we have missed. Of course no point dwelling on it but another Wembley final was well and truly on the cards in that competition 

Should of beaten Halesowen, could have beaten Barnet, then I’d like to have thought we would win Concord/Royston. A huge chance missed. 

26 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

For the umpteenth time, 13,600 Shay fans at Wembley.

Where are they all now!

Having said that my younger brother flew in from Denver (Colorado) for the game as he said it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, not to be missed.

2 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Where are they all now!

Having said that my younger brother flew in from Denver (Colorado) for the game as he said it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, not to be missed.

Unfortunately too many of those people are "once in a lifetime" type of fans. Or as I like to call them the big game crew. Wouldn't be caught anywhere near the Shay for a tuesday home game v Maidenhead for example but you can bet your bottom dollar they would be there for a Wembley final or a play off final v Chorley for example. 

Now I'm not suggesting for a minute that is the reason for everyone. Some cant afford. Some live too far away, some possibly even work weekends but there will be a significant number who plain and simply dont care about the club 95% of the time. 

29 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Unfortunately too many of those people are "once in a lifetime" type of fans. Or as I like to call them the big game crew. Wouldn't be caught anywhere near the Shay for a tuesday home game v Maidenhead for example but you can bet your bottom dollar they would be there for a Wembley final or a play off final v Chorley for example. 

Now I'm not suggesting for a minute that is the reason for everyone. Some cant afford. Some live too far away, some possibly even work weekends but there will be a significant number who plain and simply dont care about the club 95% of the time. 

And? We need to attract and convert more of the “big game” fans into regulars. Not vilify them for turning up for the big games because they “weren’t there on a Tuesday night versus Maidenhead”.