Sign in to follow this  
Icke's Lizard

3 Home Matches In A Row.

We can gain 9pts in these forthcoming games and i think whatever happens will define our season. 

I've said this about few times and I love a rallying call to the fans! I really want to get this game going and make a noise in these games and it'll put a doubt in Barrow's head should we win them all. 

I accept and acknowledge that not everybody can make this week because of work shifts and 3 games a week including kids hits the pocket. Make up for it though and shout like 2 games rolled into one. 

Let's get behind them and gain these 9pts by hook or by crook. STID 

• Like 4

Catching Barrow shouldn't be our thought process anymore. Only Harrogate can catch them now I cant see a capitulation from them. 

I'll be there for all 3. Winning Tuesday is a big start. Makes Woking slightly less pressurised I guess, we really should be beating Ebbsfleet at home though to finish off that run. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

We can gain 9pts in these forthcoming games and i think whatever happens will define our season. 

I've said this about few times and I love a rallying call to the fans! I really want to get this game going and make a noise in these games and it'll put a doubt in Barrow's head should we win them all. 

I accept and acknowledge that not everybody can make this week because of work shifts and 3 games a week including kids hits the pocket. Make up for it though and shout like 2 games rolled into one. 

Let's get behind them and gain these 9pts by hook or by crook. STID 

Wouldn’t bother about Barrow or Harrogate anymore to be fair. Just need to concentrate on staying in them play offs

21 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Wouldn’t bother about Barrow or Harrogate anymore to be fair. Just need to concentrate on staying in them play offs

Nothing has been won yet.

Granted Barrow are in a good position, but with 10 games to go a lot can change.

2 games in hand, win them + we play them at home, win that & would leave us 6 points behind. Never give in till the fat lads sing.

Improbable yes, impossible no.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Nothing has been won yet.

Granted Barrow are in a good position, but with 10 games to go a lot can change.

2 games in hand, win them + we play them at home, win that & would leave us 6 points behind. Never give in till the fat lads sing.

Improbable yes, impossible no.

Just being realistic 

6 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Just being realistic 

Yes I know TJ, but for me the game is all about achieving the best outcome (as I am sure yours is also).

We have been also runs for a long time & due for a bit of luck.

We have some quality in our team this season & on our day we are capable to go on another 9 game run like we did at the start of the season.

Also Barrow can falter, keep the pressure on for as long as we can.

Edited by Macam blue
spelling

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

Catching Barrow shouldn't be our thought process anymore. Only Harrogate can catch them now I cant see a capitulation from them. 

I'll be there for all 3. Winning Tuesday is a big start. Makes Woking slightly less pressurised I guess, we really should be beating Ebbsfleet at home though to finish off that run. 

Like Mackem says "improbable yes, impossible no" 

Its very unlikely but keep fighting and you never know. 

As you and TJ say about realism, ill say jockeying for a good play-off place with days off and a home tie means a lot as a consolation prize should Barrow finish the job. 

I don't just want to finish in a play-off place. I want to hit form and finish the season strong so we put doubt in the oppositions head. 

A big 3 games and ahead so let's proper back them because we are in a great position and compared to past campaigns. 

Plus it might convince the club to keep season ticket prices down!!! So many variables.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

As you and TJ say about realism, ill say jockeying for a good play-off place with days off and a home tie means a lot as a consolation prize should Barrow finish the job. 

I don't just want to finish in a play-off place. I want to hit form and finish the season strong so we put doubt in the oppositions head. 

A big 3 games and ahead so let's proper back them because we are in a great position and compared to past campaigns. 

Plus it might convince the club to keep season ticket prices down!!! So many variables.

I hope PW reads this, as this is exactly the mentality we should take.

the prize for promotion lasts 46 games not 34. Push Barrow et al all the way with fast attacking pressure & it can be achieved.

Pete has done well so far, just needs convincing that his players are best suited pushing forward.

If they show true intent in the run up to the seasons end, the fans will push them over the line. 

4 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

On the season tickets. I'd say it has to be a no brainer to keep it at that price. We didn't hit the target Bosomworth wanted. I'd suggest his expectations were too high in that respect. 

However we are averaging 2,100 at home this season which is impressive for us considering previous campaigns, I know away followings have helped that but there has been more home fans at every game this season even the Tuesday games 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

I still do not like the look of Stockport coming up on the rails, they won again today. 

6 teams in it, you only need to be one of them to be in it to win it . The bigger they are the harder they fall when it comes to winner takes all games

5 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

6 teams in it, you only need to be one of them to be in it to win it . The bigger they are the harder they fall when it comes to winner takes all games

Let's first try to get into it to win it, me being a pessimist am not liking the fixture backlog we seem to be acquiring. 

9 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The number of teams within striking distance of that 6 for the playoffs goes right down to Barnet in 13th place at present. They have 2 games in hand on us, so if they win them then they are level on points. So the race is still wide open and what is required will become crystal clear I would think after the next 3 home games. 

7 hours ago, Greggs said:

Let's first try to get into it to win it, me being a pessimist am not liking the fixture backlog we seem to be acquiring. 

Thinking the backlog of games then hypothetically finishing 4th to 7th would see the team knackered physically as it seems to be a game very few days in the playoffs for the above teams.

if we could finish 3rd which is still achievable then I think we do have more of a chance with that short break at the end of the season and would see a packed out Shay!

saying all that, playoffs and anything can happen....

The number of teams in contention hasn't changed all season and we've still managed to stay in or close to the top seven . Just accumulate as many points as we can and let to other teams do the worrying . Sutton and Woking are always tough games so nine points from our next three games (if we get them played) would be a near miracle

3 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The number of teams in contention hasn't changed all season and we've still managed to stay in or close to the top seven . Just accumulate as many points as we can and let to other teams do the worrying . Sutton and Woking are always tough games so nine points from our next three games (if we get them played) would be a near miracle

Omnipotent Pete can perform miracles.

9 hours ago, ITMAN said:

I still do not like the look of Stockport coming up on the rails, they won again today. 

However still behind us in the form table were I believe over the last 5 games we’re first

9 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Don't forget they went above us after beating us on Boxing Day , they are now a point behind us but we have 3 games in hand so it could be 10 points if we win them .

I think a play off place is almost guaranteed if we are on 64 points with 9 games to go after next 3 , the next 3 are crucial , they look like winnable games but this is us , looking at the table and working out all the permutations usually bites us on the arse.

Realistically, the title isn’t happening. It would take a miracle. However, top 3 should be our aim from here. Get us 1 home game away from the final and anything can happen.

I’d settle for just top 7 though. I’m sure there will be plenty of twists and turns in the run in. Some good, some bad.

• Like 1

74 points was good enough last season to finish 7th, win the next 3 and we’ll have 69 with 9 left to play, to make the play-offs is definitely achievable for us, get there and it’s one off games where anything can happen. You’ve got to be in it to win it and we can definitely be in it.

As has been pointed out there will be twists and turns over the next 2 months, who would have predicted Borehamwood dropping 5 points in the last week? The main thrust of my argument, in relation to Stockport and others, is that they have added to their squad, with what appear to be good signings. It is all about momentum, what we need is to go on another run where we string a number of results together. What you want to be doing is heading into the play-offs on an upward swing and not a downward turn. 

12 games to go at least 8 very winnable should we not be in the play offs then we simply have thrown it away ourselves, not interested in everyone else. I believe if we are not in the top 3 then it´s our fault and as I have said Barrow are not certain of the championship yet they have some very difficult game so C´mon PW earn you money.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

12 games to go at least 8 very winnable should we not be in the play offs then we simply have thrown it away ourselves, not interested in everyone else. I believe if we are not in the top 3 then it´s our fault and as I have said Barrow are not certain of the championship yet they have some very difficult game so C´mon PW earn you money.

Exactly Steve! It is in our own hands so let’s give it a bloody good go for what’s left of the season

• Like 1

I really don’t get the doom and gloom. We are still in the play offs and have 1,2 even 3 games in hand on some with 3 home games to come. We have Boreham Wood away as a very difficult one. Barrow have 7 of the top 10 yet to play including Notts County, Harrogate, Stockport, Barnet, Us and Yeovil.

If we have 7 points added to our tally by full time of the Ebbsfleet game then we will be in a very strong position for a play off place and let’s see how the picture is.

In the play off places in March with games in hand on all those around us, I’d have taken that in August when we have 9 players and no manager for a friendly! Let’s just get behind them and enjoy the run in.

• Like 3