Sign in to follow this  
Shaymen Stats

Random image of the day: L.Killeen, T.Thompson, G.Young

The Shaymen from left to right are Lewis Killeen, Tyrone Thompson & Greg Young. I believe Town are away at Weymouth here? It featured in the Oxford United home programme dated 21st March 2007.

(Programme) 21-03-2007 Halifax Town 1-1 Oxford United 9

5 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

The Shaymen from left to right are Lewis Killeen, Tyrone Thompson & Greg Young. I believe Town are away at Weymouth here? It featured in the Oxford United home programme dated 21st March 2007.

(Programme) 21-03-2007 Halifax Town 1-1 Oxford United 9

This was a good Shaymen team

On closer inspection of the player in the slide tackle I thought was Lewis Killeen (and it certainly looked like him) on secing viewing may be Jake Wright! 

Edited by Shaymen Stats

yep 3 great players Killeens goal at Leicester was one of the best ever. Tyrone Thomson wasn't every ones cup of tea because his passing wasn't the best but was great at breaking down opposition attacks -if his passing was better he would have played at a lot higher level . Greg Young was first signed on loan i think as a stand in for the injured Doughty but then signed permanent and converted into a centre back partnership with Adam Quinn -probably the best centre back pair we have ever had -think he was doubtful going into the final -and eventually had to go off -always wonder what would have happened if he was fully fit and had played the whole game -like us Hereford eventually got expelled from the conference but are fighting their way back

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

On closer inspection of the player in the slide tackle I thought was Lewis Killeen (and it certainly looked like him) on secing viewing may be Jake Wright! 

:shh: think you're right doesn't look like Killeen 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, park drive stand said:

yep 3 great players Killeens goal at Leicester was one of the best ever. Tyrone Thomson wasn't every ones cup of tea because his passing wasn't the best but was great at breaking down opposition attacks -if his passing was better he would have played at a lot higher level . Greg Young was first signed on loan i think as a stand in for the injured Doughty but then signed permanent and converted into a centre back partnership with Adam Quinn -probably the best centre back pair we have ever had -think he was doubtful going into the final -and eventually had to go off -always wonder what would have happened if he was fully fit and had played the whole game -like us Hereford eventually got expelled from the conference but are fighting their way back

We would have won Hereford if Greg had not got that injury.

• Sad 1

It was a good team, but they faltered, probably because they were being paid with Netto vouchers that Netto would only accept half the time.

It felt so frustrating because they did produce bits of brilliance some weeks and then perform abjectly in others, and most of the side was the same that had reached the play-off final the previous year. Jake Wright had the most distinguished career after that. A certain other player would go on to score against Gigi Buffon in the World Cup. The rest, loan signings aside, never really stood up to the previous season's standards.