Sutton Utd up next?

With the game at Eastleigh being postponed we look forward to the re-arranged game against Sutton Utd on Tues night.

With 4 other games being postponed due to FA Trophy games on Saturday, I suppose it will be interesting to see how Sutton fare against Bromley coming off the back of their well earned draw with league leaders Barrow (not Barra). Will they still be on a high or will they be suffering from a hangover?

There is then the interminable question of will the pitch hold up to having a rugby game played on it 2 days before, although it will have had 11 days rest since the last game of any form was played on it.

Hopefully, the game will go ahead, as we need to get back on the horse after falling off it at Torquay.

If the game is postponed again, there will be very little options open for a rearranged game as the only free Tuesdays for both sides are, 10/03, 24/03, 31/03,21/4. Any further postponed games will potentially lead to a glut of games at the end of March. 

Win-Draw-Loss, what do the forum members think will be the outcome?

9 hours ago, ITMAN said:

With the game at Eastleigh being postponed we look forward to the re-arranged game against Sutton Utd on Tues night.

With 4 other games being postponed due to FA Trophy games on Saturday, I suppose it will be interesting to see how Sutton fare against Bromley coming off the back of their well earned draw with league leaders Barrow (not Barra). Will they still be on a high or will they be suffering from a hangover?

There is then the interminable question of will the pitch hold up to having a rugby game played on it 2 days before, although it will have had 11 days rest since the last game of any form was played on it.

Hopefully, the game will go ahead, as we need to get back on the horse after falling off it at Torquay.

If the game is postponed again, there will be very little options open for a rearranged game as the only free Tuesdays for both sides are, 10/03, 24/03, 31/03,21/4. Any further postponed games will potentially lead to a glut of games at the end of March. 

Win-Draw-Loss, what do the forum members think will be the outcome?

It will rain....... again, mixed with snow & sleet. 

17 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Rugby will be on tomorrow thus causing the postponement on Tuesday and it will be arranged for the 24th

We cant afford postponements at this point I mean what the hell is happening, all well and good having 3 games in hand on people but you have to win them. Fixture congestion is not going to help out chances 

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Been dry all day thus far so fingers crossed.

Until now, pouring down. Got told earlier that Rugby was off, must have been wrong as nothing official. Pitch will get some punishment tomorrow, it will take a miracle for the game to be on Tuesday. Can Omnipotent Pete and miracle be mentioned in the same sentence?

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

We cant afford postponements at this point I mean what the hell is happening, all well and good having 3 games in hand on people but you have to win them. Fixture congestion is not going to help out chances 

My post was meant to be my prediction but I agree with you entirely. We don't have the strength and depth in our squad to fall behind the rest of the play off hopefuls in terms of games played.

56 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Until now, pouring down. Got told earlier that Rugby was off, must have been wrong as nothing official. Pitch will get some punishment tomorrow, it will take a miracle for the game to be on Tuesday. Can Omnipotent Pete and miracle be mentioned in the same sentence?

Just walked back home from Big Six and steady rain and quite breezy atm

29 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

My post was meant to be my prediction but I agree with you entirely. We don't have the strength and depth in our squad to fall behind the rest of the play off hopefuls in terms of games played.

Maybe one of the reasons PW is looking to add to the squad.

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

Now I know the club has only a certain amount of time to reorganise the game, but why did theychoose a Tuesday at this time of year only 48hrs after a home rugby game.... 

37 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Now I know the club has only a certain amount of time to reorganise the game, but why did theychoose a Tuesday at this time of year only 48hrs after a home rugby game.... 

Difficult one and not sure of Sutton's midweek commitments but we already have Boreham Wood - and now Eastleigh- as mid week games and bear in mind under normal circumstances you would not schedule a midweek game the week before Easter or the week after. Playing on the 10th March would have meant 3 home games in 7 days and to cap it all both teams have to agree to the rescheduled date. 

4 hours ago, shaymen down under said:

Not sure if this a league stipulation, but checking back on fixtures all midweek games are only on a Tuesday, apart from odd ones such as Boxing Day and New Years Day. This is usually to prevent clashes with other competitions such as the FA Cup and League Cup games, inc. replays - although seem to becoming defunct now. 

Anyone watch the efl goals show tonight? Bradford's pitch is in a right state and there game today was touch and go right up until lunch time. As far as I am aware there pitch is only used by them. If ours is holding a similar amount of water. It will look like a war has taken place on it. 

On the other hand we could rent it out as Halifax's biggest sand pit for the next couple of months, 

On a serious note though. The pitch could be battered by the end of tomorrow, 

12 hours ago, Greggs said:

Anyone watch the efl goals show tonight? Bradford's pitch is in a right state and there game today was touch and go right up until lunch time. As far as I am aware there pitch is only used by them. If ours is holding a similar amount of water. It will look like a war has taken place on it. 

On the other hand we could rent it out as Halifax's biggest sand pit for the next couple of months, 

On a serious note though. The pitch could be battered by the end of tomorrow, 

Bradford's pitch is like that every season

• Like 1

So as we have seen the rugby team have not ruined the pitch and the weather forecast seems OK, it looks like we have a game on tomorrow night.

What do you think the likely line up will be? Have we any players suspended or coming back from suspension? Do we have any injury worries?

More importantly what will the score be?

Johnson

Maher.   Clarke.  Brown 

D. Williams                                Hanson

Staunton.   Cooper 

King 

Rodney.     Allen 

Only doubt I had was Redshaw or Allen but I'd suggest Allen is in better form at the moment. And is more unpredictable is the positions he could take up on the pitch. 

As for the score. I'll say a nervy 2-1 win but 3 points is 3 points at this point 

11 minutes ago, Amber SUFC said:

Surely only a heavy downpour would put the game in doubt?

Its blue sky up here now. There has been the odd shower today but it's never lasted more than 10 minutes per time. Weather for tomorrow doesn't look too bad so hopeful there will be no issue for getting the game on 

Quite right Lanzo, three points is a must.

Personally I have given up hope of automatic promotion, in fact I think we lost that chance with the poor run in Oct/Nov.  Second or third is still very realistic but we cannot afford to be losing at home.