Sign in to follow this  
Flea

The Present Manager

Most fans are delighted how things have gone but today we crashed to earth with a failed system. Wild boobed big time, no more bull sheet.

What a breath of fresh air, doesn't waffle, says it as it is, stands by his decisions and is able to justify them, is warm, approachable and a genuinely nice bloke. 

You could have said the same about ,Fullarton, Heath, Harvey, Kelly and Aspin. But the end of the season position says it all.

34 minutes ago, Flea said:

What a breath of fresh air, doesn't waffle, says it as it is, stands by his decisions and is able to justify them, is warm, approachable and a genuinely nice bloke. 

Today was his 55th game as a Manager. The term "Rookie" is still one that should be used to describe him. Yes, he has, and will continue, to make mistakes, as he is still pretty much new to this management lark. However with that said, with twelve games to go of the season he has Halifax only FOUR points off breaking their best ever point tally in the National as FC Halifax Town. 

I for one am delighted with the way things have gone this season, with the way this team approaches games - and more importantly how we are fighting at the right end of the table. Lets hope Pete Wild is here for a long time. 

Completely agreed. The guy is still learning but is a great figurehead for the place. 

p.s Sure we got 77 points the year we made the play-offs?

9 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

But he obviously isn't learning. He went back to the failed system and we lost because of that fact. Wake up or shut up.

Wild opted to play a striker that not only got a goal and an assist the last time he played against Torquay, but in his eyes was more suited to play against a very physical side in Torquay than Redshaw (as much as I disagree with that decision myself)

He made a mistake, it happens. You'll have an incredibly hard job of finding a manager who doesn't make any. All about whether he learns from it or not

We're allowed to lose occasionally . As long as underperforming doesn't become an habit . Jury is still debating on Wild but his record is looking better than most of the managers we've had in the last 100 an odd years

1 minute ago, Lewis said:

Wild opted to play a striker that not only got a goal and an assist the last time he played against Torquay, but in his eyes was more suited to play against a very physical side in Torquay than Redshaw (as much as I disagree with that decision myself)

He made a mistake, it happens. You'll have an incredibly hard job of finding a manager who doesn't make any. All about whether he learns from it or not

Problem is that both Redshaw and Cam King have struggled to make much impact in their last few games . Allen has looked lively but was way off the standard v Halesowen . Unfortunately TSS looks the part until he gets on the field and his demons take over

No one knows if he actually made a mistake, for the simple reason that the only game played yesterday was the one we lost 1-0. No other games involving the two clubs with different selections or tactics took place. A different selection may have lost 3-0, there is this automatic expectation that some other selection than the managers would  do better, never worse. It’s all about opinions, the managers selection is his opinion, and as Flea points out he has achieved 55 points so far, so his opinions are pretty good and worth listening to. But crucially we won’t always win regardless of how good his opinions are.

We lost yesterday, we also lost the previous match but to a poor team, with a different selection to yesterday’s. Maybe the 22 players and four officials actually contribute more to the actual result through their “mistakes”, their “decisions” than either of the two managers do. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

But he obviously isn't learning. He went back to the failed system and we lost because of that fact. Wake up or shut up.

I agree. I think if we had started Rodney, Redshaw and king all on the same pitch we would have had a better chance of scoring. Having No Sho up there is a waste and why wild still thinks it works is beyond me. 

56 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I agree. I think if we had started Rodney, Redshaw and king all on the same pitch we would have had a better chance of scoring. Having No Sho up there is a waste and why wild still thinks it works is beyond me. 

A strikers job is to score and get into positions to score. I didnt go but listening yesterday Rodney was our main threat and redshaw also hit the bar, cant remember tobi who played 90 minutes troubling their keeper? We all know Rodney Redshaw Allen King are our best players and i expect at least 3 of them will be on the pitch against Eastleigh and tobi will be on the bench. Tobi can be brought on to see a game out when we are in the lead 

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Like you I wasn’t there. Can I suggest some reasons? Windy day. Big side who over power teams if you let them. Rodney for all his qualities does not do aerial physical against big centre backs in either box. Neither does Redshaw obviously. Previous game Redshaw and Allen failed to create against a poor team. 

As it happens we lost to a set piece where they got two headers in our box unchallenged. Wild blamed blocking of our defenders for that, as I said big sides will bully you if you let them. 

11 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Like you I wasn’t there. Can I suggest some reasons? Windy day. Big side who over power teams if you let them. Rodney for all his qualities does not do aerial physical against big centre backs in either box. Neither does Redshaw obviously. Previous game Redshaw and Allen failed to create against a poor team. 

As it happens we lost to a set piece where they got two headers in our box unchallenged. Wild blamed blocking of our defenders for that, as I said big sides will bully you if you let them. 

Well Sho Silva gets bullied more easily than any other strikers we have? Which shouldn’t be the case as he’s a big lad but on the pitch he’s a right pussy

We lost an match away 1-0 it happens, wasn't there but it doesn't sound like we were outplayed or overrun. On the face of it not the forward line I would have picked but can see where PW was coming from. Don't see any reason for the usual suspects over reacting, if we go on another iffy run is the time to worry.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Well Sho Silva gets bullied more easily than any other strikers we have? Which shouldn’t be the case as he’s a big lad but on the pitch he’s a right pussy

Muck and nettles, he puts himself up against the centre back, Redshaw, Rodney and Allen look to play off them they don’t do the physical stuff. Next match watch them and count how many free headers the centre half gets. 

4 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Muck and nettles, he puts himself up against the centre back, Redshaw, Rodney and Allen look to play off them they don’t do the physical stuff. Next match watch them and count how many free headers the centre half gets. 

Over the course of the last 6 league games we have lost none without "the physical striker" you are talking about, you don't need it if you play football the right way and we have proved that in recent weeks 

At the end of the day a centre forward is paid and is in that pitch to score goals and despite Rodney not having his best game he still had an effort. Despite Redshaw having to come off the bench he still had efforts and tested the keeper and the woodwork. In 90 minutes Sho Silva tested nothing. I'm sorry running around and working hard doesn't cut it for a centre forward at this level for me. 99 times out of 100 Silva isn't a goal threat. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Against Sho Silva the centre half will have a field day. Against Allen Redshaw and Rodney they wouldn’t. Redshaw holds the ball up better than TSS and he’s a midget 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Roy Race said:

We lost an match away 1-0 it happens, wasn't there but it doesn't sound like we were outplayed or overrun. On the face of it not the forward line I would have picked but can see where PW was coming from. Don't see any reason for the usual suspects over reacting, if we go on another iffy run is the time to worry.

I aren’t over reacting btw as we are going to lose matches but the team he played wasn’t good. 

Yesterday wild reduced our chance of getting a point or 3 by his decisions. 

Edited by TJAshton