Sign in to follow this  
born to moan

The Present Manager.

19 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

I think that is because those who come here to defend them are the East Stand 'I talk to Pete and the players'  crowd who dare not say anything untoward 'cos they are frightened of upsetting them.

Oi its not all the east standers! Just watched the highlights, we had alot of chances but not 1 showed tobi testing the defence or keeper... we definitely deserved at least a point

40 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Might as well just leave it mate. They’re clueless and will never get it into their heads. Some people can’t have a bad word said about a player or the club no matter what. 

That's certainly not true in my case. I'm just fed up of every dropped point being the fault of one player. Aren't you a bit old to believe in the bogey man?

1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

That's certainly not true in my case. I'm just fed up of every dropped point being the fault of one player. Aren't you a bit old to believe in the bogey man?

21 mate so it depends what you class as old :)

3 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Oi its not all the east standers! Just watched the highlights, we had alot of chances but not 1 showed tobi testing the defence or keeper... we definitely deserved at least a point

But you have to distance yourself from the hierarchy to give a fair and balanced account of what you see, like we do.

6 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

The dropped points at Torquay were the fault of Pete Wild and Pete Wild alone. Tobi should not have played ahead of Redshaw or Allen, the mind still boggles that he did. The reason Redshaw and Rodney were brought in was because he was not doing the business. Wild picked the team.

Edited by Shaytrev
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

The dropped points at Torquay were the fault of Pete Wild and Pete Wild alone. Tobi should not have played ahead of Redshaw or Allen, the mind still boggles that he did. The reason Redshaw and Rodney were brought in was because he was not doing the business. Wild picked the team.

Some people clearly still feel Tobi is an acceptable and useful player, I'd like to know what they have been watching all season, its frightening how much better the other 3 are compared to him and 1 of them is a winger,

The amount of times you see on the updates. "Ball into the box. But it's just in front of Silva in the middle"  

It's always just in front of him because he doesn't read the game like a goalscoring centre forward would 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greggs said:

Some people clearly still feel Tobi is an acceptable and useful player, I'd like to know what they have been watching all season, its frightening how much better the other 3 are compared to him and 1 of them is a winger,

The amount of times you see on the updates. "Ball into the box. But it's just in front of Silva in the middle"  

It's always just in front of him because he doesn't read the game like a goalscoring centre forward would 

I don't consider he has what it takes to lead the line in the National League just weary with the same individuals on continuous loop reiterating it.

37 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

I don't consider he has what it takes to lead the line in the National League just weary with the same individuals on continuous loop reiterating it.

Because Wild wrongly thinks otherwise and could blow our chances you dope. The old mistakes repeated and we are supposed to sit quietly?

Edited by Shaytrev

52 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Because Wild wrongly thinks otherwise and could blow our chances you dope. The old mistakes repeated and we are supposed to sit quietly?

You were happy at half time and made us favourites.....? 

10 minutes ago, Shambles69 said:

You were happy at half time and made us favourites.....? 

He's got you there Trev:)

Posted at 16:02 on Sat by Shaytrev:

"Must be favourites now. Keep that ball down. This half the ball played less in the air the better."

Although by 16:43 the tone had changed somewhat....

Edited by ITMAN

29 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

I like the cut of your jib it man, breath of fresh air. 

Credit should go to Shambles69 for spotting the error.

Edited by ITMAN

6 hours ago, ITMAN said:

He's got you there Trev:)

Posted at 16:02 on Sat by Shaytrev:

"Must be favourites now. Keep that ball down. This half the ball played less in the air the better."

Although by 16:43 the tone had changed somewhat....

Why had the tone changed? The ball spent more time in the neighbours garden, the idiot subbed Rodney and left the inept (courier description by town fan) Sho on the pitch, you have me there? Don't think so. We should have won cos we were favourites, Wild messed up, do not blame me.

5 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Credit should go to Shambles69 for spotting the error.

Explain why, at half time we were favourites, at the start of the match we were. That is what is annoying you chump. You must try harder to catch me out and justify your support of Wild and his wrong decisions.

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

Explain why, at half time we were favourites, at the start of the match we were. That is what is annoying you chump. You must try harder to catch me out and justify your support of Wild and his wrong decisions.

Shaytrev, I am merely pointing out that it appears up to half time you were relatively satisfied with the way things had gone, to the point of declaring that the odds of a Town win were 1/5 in your opinion. That in most book making circles suggest a strong favourite.

Obviously, with what transpired in the second half you had a change of opinion.

This is in no way a defence of PW's decision making purely an observation on how football can be a game of 2 halves.:)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Shaytrev, I am merely pointing out that it appears up to half time you were relatively satisfied with the way things had gone, to the point of declaring that the odds of a Town win were 1/5 in your opinion. That in most book making circles suggest a strong favourite.

Obviously, with what transpired in the second half you had a change of opinion.

This is in no way a defence of PW's decision making purely an observation on how football can be a game of 2 halves.:)

I said we were favourites, where does this 1/5 come from? Do not take false posts from a newbie as gospel when they are just another East Stand bum sniffer.

35 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

I saw the best Shaymen of my generation destroyed by madness, trying to argue with Shaytrev. As Allen Ginsberg once wrote.

Because I can explain my opinions, these posters on this thread have yet to explain how they come to their opinion. I won't hold my breath waiting for them.

10 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Don't see a connection between a manager's team selection, people repeating their opinion on one player at every verse end & my level of intelligence.

Having stated my opinion once maybe twice I consider it's job done. If I'm a dope what description fits people who consistently repeat a point already made.......again & again & again....................zzzzzzzzzzzzz

7 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Don't see a connection between a manager's team selection, people repeating their opinion on one player at every verse end & my level of intelligence.

Having stated my opinion once maybe twice I consider it's job done. If I'm a dope what description fits people who consistently repeat a point already made.......again & again & again....................zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Because people like you keep defending without reason other than stupidity, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Shaytrev

In defence of Tobi, he is just not a target man.  He may be better playing off a target man and picking up scraps in the box.  His goal scoring record at Bromley was ok.

There's no doubt that Mr Wild sees something in him or he would not be selected at all.  But when you've played for England under 18's you always get a game somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Lester said:

In defence of Tobi, he is just not a target man.  He may be better playing off a target man and picking up scraps in the box.  His goal scoring record at Bromley was ok.

There's no doubt that Mr Wild sees something in him or he would not be selected at all.  But when you've played for England under 18's you always get a game somewhere.

Hopefully somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Lester said:

11 in 38 is about the same as here.He got released due to his all round game i would imagine as he should here.

58 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

11 in 38 is about the same as here.He got released due to his all round game i would imagine as he should here.

For the record I don't rate him - but 11 in 38 isn't bad? With a strike partner alongside scoring 15-20 that would be positively superb in fact. I think he's pretty poor but he doesn't half get stick on here. You're now completely guessing as to why he was released from Bromley as well - you've got no idea.

1 hour ago, greg45 said:

For the record I don't rate him - but 11 in 38 isn't bad? With a strike partner alongside scoring 15-20 that would be positively superb in fact. I think he's pretty poor but he doesn't half get stick on here. You're now completely guessing as to why he was released from Bromley as well - you've got no idea.

What division were they in at the time?, although irrelevant, he has been elsewhere since.