Sign in to follow this  
born to moan

The Present Manager.

I'm sorry Pete Wild will take us nowhere. I think today's team selection proves he will take the team backwards. Don't give me all the crap about him being a young manager and still learning. If he thinks Sho Silva should be in the team with Allen and Redshaw on the bench, if he thinks Cooper is a must to start every game it beggars belief. We will be lucky to stay in play off place. I really hope he proves me wrong. Bosomworth has obviously pushed the boat out bringing in Redshaw and Rodney but he needs to have a word. Our best player this season is without doubt Cameron King, but every game he is subbed first. I like to see a manager on the touch line getting animated not just stood nagging with his assistant or moaning at the irrelevant 4th official. The difference between a good and poor Manager is getting the best out off players with talent, not getting the best out off players without talent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, born to moan said:

I'm sorry Pete Wild will take us nowhere. I think today's team selection proves he will take the team backwards. Don't give me all the crap about him being a young manager and still learning. If he thinks Sho Silva should be in the team with Allen and Redshaw on the bench, if he thinks Cooper is a must to start every game it beggars belief. We will be lucky to stay in play off place. I really hope he proves me wrong. Bosomworth has obviously pushed the boat out bringing in Redshaw and Rodney but he needs to have a word. Our best player this season is without doubt Cameron King, but every game he is subbed first. I like to see a manager on the touch line getting animated not just stood nagging with his assistant or moaning at the irrelevant 4th official. The difference between a good and poor Manager is getting the best out off players with talent, not getting the best out off players without talent.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments regarding Silva (who I think would struggle to be first choice in the league below) 

With that being said, I'll get myself some popcorn and pull up a chair because this is going to provide some entertainment. 

• Like 1

in wilds defence redshaw has struggled on a heavy pitch - but he will be dynamite at wembley in the play off final

• Thanks 1

"The difference between a good and poor Manager is getting the best out off players with talent, not getting the best out off players without talent."

Surely, the mark of a good manager is doing both? At this level, a manager will always have a squad that consists of both type of players, his job is to make sure that talented players play to the best of their ability and for the less talented to coach and instruct them in how to use their limited skills to the best advantage of the team effort. Every team, sport or otherwise has it's stars but they are nothing without their supporting colleagues. As the saying goes their is no I in team.
Edited by ITMAN

1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

"The difference between a good and poor Manager is getting the best out off players with talent, not getting the best out off players without talent."

Surely, the mark of a good manager is doing both? At this level, a manager will always have a squad that consists of both type of players, his job is to make sure that talented players play to their ability and for the less talented to coach and instruct them in how to use their limited skills to the best advantage of the team effort. Every team, sport or otherwise has it's stars but they are nothing without their supporting colleagues. As the saying goes their is no I in team.

If they haven't got the talent to perform at the level they are playing at a good Manager gets rid.

9 minutes ago, born to moan said:

If they haven't got the talent to perform at the level they are playing at a good Manager gets rid.

That is if he has the luxury of money in the club to replace them. It appears to me that PW has a finite amount of money to spend, if any, he has already gambled most of that on 2 strikers, so he has to make do with what he has left in the squad.

The skill will be getting the "dirty dozen" so to speak play as a team and all pull in the same direction with those having off days being compensated by for those who have the talent to do so. By all means rotate off the bench to present different looks to the opposition, as I am sure they do their homework and come with a plan to shut down Cam King and control the midfield. PW just has to have a Plan B and Plan C and them some more to counteract those games where our normal gameplan is disrupted and we are not getting the chances being created. However, in order to do this, and with only 12 games in which to do this, it would be my choice to go out in every game with your most potent strike force to start every game and not pairing up the 1st and 4th choice players, unless some other reason dictated this.

41 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Am I reading this right?!?! 

We are 4th in the table ffs!!! Yes he got today totally wrong with his subs and not picking his best attacking options but to start a thread saying he’s not good enough is ridiculous! 

You’ve got no chance of squeezing any talent out of TSS as there simply isn’t any in there unfortunately and why he played him today someone must have paid him. 

however Wild is the correct manager for this club right now and one poor result and team selection shouldnt mean he’s not the right man. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Am I reading this right?!?! 

We are 4th in the table ffs!!! Yes he got today totally wrong with his subs and not picking his best attacking options but to start a thread saying he’s not good enough is ridiculous! 

You’ve got no chance of squeezing any talent out of TSS as there simply isn’t any in there unfortunately and why he played him today someone must have paid him. 

however Wild is the correct manager for this club right now and one poor result and team selection shouldnt mean he’s not the right man. 

One poor result?    

Edited by born to moan

Welcome back to shaymen.net to al the idiots out there. We’ve missed you

Yes We are 4th in the table and go to struggling Torquay and F up big time. Great weekend down here with all the lads but Wild should have stayed home.

4th in the league with a game in hand. Unlucky to lose to torquay. Need something from eastleigh next week then a run of home games to get some wins on the board. We are in a great position and as its football we will have a few more defeats this season, as will our rivals 

If you believe clubs have bogey sides then Torquay are ours .

FC Halifax Town head to head v Torquay .

Played 11 

Won      2 

Drawn.  2 

Lost.      7.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, monk said:

If you believe clubs have bogey sides then Torquay are ours .

FC Halifax Town head to head v Torquay .

Played 11 

Won      2 

Drawn.  2 

Lost.      7.

"But we beat them in the trophy and tobi scored therefore deserves to start against them" :doh:

11 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

"But we beat them in the trophy and tobi scored therefore deserves to start against them" :doh:

It is utterly ridiculous to be bitching at the manager given what he's done from where he started. Even if picking TSS was a mistake - and that's assuming you know the manager's reasoning but disagree with it, rather than just betraying an outright irrational hatred of the player - surely Wild has earned the right to make the occasional mistake?

12 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

It is utterly ridiculous to be bitching at the manager given what he's done from where he started. Even if picking TSS was a mistake - and that's assuming you know the manager's reasoning but disagree with it, rather than just betraying an outright irrational hatred of the player - surely Wild has earned the right to make the occasional mistake?

There is no hatred in any posts, only in your mind. There is a realisation that Sho isn't up to it and Wild on this occasion is deluded or has had a better weekend in Torquay than we have.

• Like 1

Town lose 1-0 playing Rodney and Redshaw up front, 

Redshaw injures himself on the heavy pitch, 

"why didn't we play TSS instead? He scored and set one up down here recently!? Wild has messed up our chances of getting into the playoffs now" 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shaymen Stats said:

"why didn't we play TSS instead? He scored and set one up down here recently!? Wild has messed up our chances of getting into the playoffs now" 

Hallucinations should never be used in defence against reality. Sho should not even be in the squad.

9 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Redshaw and Rodney couldn't get a shot on target against a team 3 leagues below us a fortnight ago....... Just saying

Redshaw and Allen i obviously mean. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Not one person would ever say start TSS apart from Bill Atkins and Ash probably. We would have said play Allen instead as TSS should be nowhere near the team end of.