Sign in to follow this  
Che Bentos

PW interview int' Courier

11 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

And some people wanted him sacked. 

My only criticism was that he persisted with the same line up and formation pre-Christmas. But, to be fair, his selection was almost Hobson's choice. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Or got on his back and criticised him for his starting line ups when at the time he had no other choice. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Or got on his back and criticised him for his starting line ups when at the time he had no other choice. 

Part & parcel of the job, hero to zero in five matches, if not sacked zero to hero again in five matches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Don´t think anyone actually called for him to be sacked Tom, lots of calls to change formation.

53 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Think he listened to you T J when after the Yeovil game on Dec 8th you said in his interviews after the game he was getting more deluded and that he was tactically inept

9 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Don´t think anyone actually called for him to be sacked Tom, lots of calls to change formation.

There were a few. It was a shocking run but every team has a wobble at some point of the season.

I think we'll finish 2nd or 3rd now but would have said 14th to 18th after boxing day.

Looking forward to saturday I hope we score early and exploit any space that opens up because they will have to go on the attack.

Absolute breath of fresh air after Fullarshite. I don't wish bad things for JF but I'm over the moon he isn't Town's manager. If he fancies himself to be a manager he needs to take a good look at the interviews that JF has given since taking over because the vast majority have been bang on.

12 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

There were a few. It was a shocking run but every team has a wobble at some point of the season.

I think we'll finish 2nd or 3rd now but would have said 14th to 18th after boxing day.

Looking forward to saturday I hope we score early and exploit any space that opens up because they will have to go on the attack.

My forcast when I said 14 games to go 10 winnable 4 not so I said 3 points from next two games.

53 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Nonsense, he persisted with Godfrey Obebo.

16 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

It was more than a wobble which culminated with that pathetic display at Stockport on Boxing day by which time the majority of fans had had enough. He came in for criticism from all quarters no matter what anybody says here now. He finally did what several fans had been banging on about for weeks beforehand. We haven't lost in the league since.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Think he listened to you T J when after the Yeovil game on Dec 8th you said in his interviews after the game he was getting more deluded and that he was tactically inept

His interviews did sound deluded but that’s not me wanting him sacked. 

40 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

They did.

I just thought his subs were poor and playing the same formation every game wasn’t working in our bad spell. However he brought the fans, players and the whole club together and brought a feel good factor to the club again so I gave him his chance to turn it round and after people banging on about how poor TSS is and that if we dropped him we would start winning again and guess what we did :)

52 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

I'm a bit worried that he keeps using the word application :wacko:

Not noticed him saying it before. I will now! 

Kudos to him for changing things because we all know Fullarton and Heath point blank refused to. 

I cant help but wonder what might have been though and how critical those 2 months  banging the same drum might turn out to be. 

Let's hope we don't have to think like that though. 

Edited by Greggs
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Kudos to him for changing things because we all know Fullarton and Heath point blank refused to. 

What part of Heath's promotion winning team did you want him to change? 

Just now, Flea said:

What part of Heath's promotion winning team did you want him to change? 

I'm not talking about that season. I'm talking about the season after 

Just now, Grayski said:

Never warmed to JF

dour, dull and deluded at times

negative football

PW is a breath of fresh air in comparison 

He is indeed