Papa Lazarou

Torquay on Saturday

2 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

We have to achieve at least 80 points, based on the last 5/6 seasons to achieve a top 3 finish. Is that a realistic target? 

It's a big ask but I have a feeling it'll be lower this season because every team is taking points off other teams that they're not expected to win or draw.

Edited by Erik Everhard

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

It’s a difference of opinions isn’t it. Personally I don’t think we are over achieving. We are doing great yes but there has been no outstanding team for me. 

It's looking at things from a different perspective rather than different opinions. The post I wrote above is correct. We have over achieved this season so far. The test now is to keep going and cement a play off spot.

Thats what we mean by over achieving this season. We can't say how . we've done until the end of the season. Whenever that might be.

But look at the playing budgets for a fair few of our rivals. Notts County, Chesterfield, Wrexham, Stockport, Fylde, Solihull, Dagenham, Yeovil, Eastleigh, Harrogate and probably Hartlepool will be, in some cases, way bigger than ours. There will be other teams that I've missed out but when you look at that then once again you have to say we punching above our financial weight and we are over achieving.

I know what you mean in that during the course if the season we are doing well and expectation amongst the fans has grown and we all expect at least a play off spot now. But football is unpredictable and I really do hope not but we could go on ten game winless run.

I just think overall it's been a very unpredictable season and you're right in that other than Barrow, every other team has been inconsistent.

This is the time for consistency from out players and let's hope another appearance at Wembley is on the cards.

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Lost 1-0. Poor poor result today and really should be winning them games if we want to stay in the play offs. 

Next game I want to see Rodney and Redshaw/Allen starting back up front and go back to scoring goals and creating chances. 

If you want to see it go to games! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Utter nonsense and you know it. Every Town team has a player that the supporters get on the back of, it's just TSS' turn that's all.

You clearly must realise that tobi is nowhere near as good as Rodney,Redshaw or Allen? And that they can all create something out of nothing,which tobi cant. I like tobi and he works hard but that is all he has,a willing attitude to work.  The other 3 are a genuine threat to the opposition 

Not able to listen in today but comments don´t sound good, selection seemed strange, is Redshaw now out of favour? just listened to PW interview he says we played well but didn´t have the luck did he watch a different game?

10 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Not able to listen in today but comments don´t sound good, selection seemed strange, is Redshaw now out of favour? just listened to PW interview he says we played well but didn´t have the luck did he watch a different game?

He is obviously deluded and takes total blame for the result today.

59 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

If you want to see it go to games! 

Say it as if I never go :lol: not missed a home game this season apart from the cup games. Been to all the reasonably close away games too. And yes I do wanna see Rodney and Redshaw/Allen up top atleast then I’ll see some chances and goals ffs!

39 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Say it as if I never go :lol: not missed a home game this season apart from the cup games. Been to all the reasonably close away games too. And yes I do wanna see Rodney and Redshaw/Allen up top atleast then I’ll see some chances and goals ffs!

Rodney did f all today and so did redshaw. Fair weather players in “my opinion”. Your Still a Part Time supporter in “my opinion”!

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

He is obviously deluded and takes total blame for the result today.

Rubbish! Players must take some blame delivery at set plays was poor. And I know everyone has a go at tss but he was no where near as bad as Cooper.

17 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

Rodney did f all today and so did redshaw. Fair weather players in “my opinion”. Your Still a Part Time supporter in “my opinion”!

Listened to the commentary full game and Sounded like Rodney was our only threat. Also sounded like we dominated 2nd half, their keeper seemed to make alot more saves than ours. Redshaw also hit the bar in the last minute. Cant remember hearing tobi looking threatening 

6 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Listened to the commentary full game and Sounded like Rodney was our only threat. Also sounded like we dominated 2nd half, their keeper seemed to make alot more saves than ours. Redshaw also hit the bar in the last minute. Cant remember hearing tobi looking threatening 

There wasn’t a threat because our midfield is so poor with cooper in it. Rodney has one main chance when he cut inside for a shot then fluffed it. We weren’t a threat at all today. The game should have been 0-0 if it wasn’t for the ref giving Torquay a free kick in ever dangerous situation he possibly could.

41 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

So someone who goes to every home league game, all away games apart from the southern ones is a part time supporter. Okay old man

59 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

So someone who goes to every home league game, all away games apart from the southern ones is a part time supporter. Okay old man

By definition part-time means occasional. Someone who attends every home match and most away games is therefore not a part time supporter. 

In my opinion for what it’s worth anybody who just attends every home match is not a part-time supporter either, but that’s just my opinion 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

By definition part-time means occasional. Someone who attends every home match and most away games is therefore not a part time supporter. 

In my opinion for what it’s worth anybody who just attends every home match is not a part-time supporter either, but that’s just my opinion 

He says this all the time for whatever reason even though I go to all games apart from the southern away ones. 

We didn't really get going today, however we didn't deserve to lose that. We lost to a Torquay side that only had one serious effort on goal - and who committed a foul in the build up to the goal. At the other end we had one cleared off the line and then the rebound deflect and ballon up off the bar. Small differences that would have got us at the very least a share of the points or even the win. 

Usual typical Southern Shite ref too. Not blaming him for the result, however again we seemed to be on the wrong side of all the 50/50 calls. Several fouls by Torquay in the first half hour of the game that should have seen the yellow card make its debut. One slightly bad Town tackle and we get the first card of the day. Liner closest to us may as well have gone to run the line at Exeter as he was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaymen0 said:

Rubbish! Players must take some blame delivery at set plays was poor. And I know everyone has a go at tss but he was no where near as bad as Cooper.

I am referring to Wild you blithering idiot.

11 minutes ago, Flea said:

We didn't really get going today, however we didn't deserve to lose that. We lost to a Torquay side that only had one serious effort on goal - and who committed a foul in the build up to the goal. At the other end we had one cleared off the line and then the rebound deflect and ballon up off the bar. Small differences that would have got us at the very least a share of the points or even the win. 

Usual typical Southern Shite ref too. Not blaming him for the result, however again we seemed to be on the wrong side of all the 50/50 calls. Several fouls by Torquay in the first half hour of the game that should have seen the yellow card make its debut. One slightly bad Town tackle and we get the first card of the day. Liner closest to us may as well have gone to run the line at Exeter as he was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

As schoolboys we were told how to play in a force 10. Wild playing Sho and reverting to the failed system was madness in the extreme. Wild must take full responsibility for today's fiasco.

Let's hope we cam mark it down to experience and get back to what has worked since Christmas, and improved since the loan signings came on board. AS it stands the results today did help to compensate for the bad result at Torquay, the only blot on the horizon was Boreham Wood overtaking us, and still with a game in hand. However, like everyone else it seems they have to play Barrow, who have to go to Harrogate and the Shay, so maybe all is not lost for a top 3 slot. With only 12 games left 3 points at Eastleigh is a must.

I watched the second half of the Sutton v Barrow game today, and must say Sutton impressed, or maybe Barrow were poor, either way we cannot take them for granted when we next play at home.

Interestingly, Stockport won again, and I for one see them as the dark horses in the play off race, and they do appear to be coming up fast on the rails....

Edited by ITMAN
spelling correction

6 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Let's hope we cam marl it down to experience and get back to what has worked since Christmas, and improved since the loan signings came on board. AS it stands the results today did help to compensate for the bad result at Torquay, the only blot on the horizon was Boreham Wood overtaking us, and still with a game in hand. However, like everyone else it seems they have to play Barrow, who have to go to Harrogate and the Shay, so maybe all is not lost for a top 3 slot. With only 12 games left 3 points at Eastleigh is a must.

I watched the second half of the Sutton v Barrow game today, and must say Sutton impressed, or maybe Barrow were poor, either way we cannot take them for granted when we next play at home.

Interestingly, Stockport won again, and I for one see them as the dark horses in the play off race, and they do appear to be coming up fast on the rails....

Stockport drew at Woking,  have spent a bit of money so definitely in the race for the playoffs 

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Stockport drew at Woking,  have spent a bit of money so definitely in the race for the playoffs 

My mistake, they did in fact draw after being ahead. Still, they will remain a threat.

Overall I didn't think we deserved to lose the match even with playing TSS. Torquay had the wind in their favour first half but to be honest with all their possession I cannot remember them creating more than a couple of half chances. Second half the wind seemed to drop in strength and we started well with a couple of chances but then Torquay came into the game more again without looking dangerous. The game seemed to fizzle out and a goalless draw looked to be favourite. I cannot comment on the goal as that was the time I decided to go to the loo but after a couple of lengthy injury stoppages we seemed to get the desire and fight back and the two good chances in added on time that failed to go our way proved it wasn't our day. 

So from those that were there we were unlucky, the manager says we were unlucky too. I’ll take that ahead of the mumbling idiots on here. One of those days, let’s move on to Eastleigh as those around us are going to lose points as they play each other.

19 minutes ago, Ash said:

So from those that were there we were unlucky, the manager says we were unlucky too. I’ll take that ahead of the mumbling idiots on here. One of those days, let’s move on to Eastleigh as those around us are going to lose points as they play each other.

Not heard one fan down here, there are nine of us who have just boarded the train, many in Torquay last night who say it was unlucky, Mumbling idiots are people like you and anyone else who puts it down to that.