Papa Lazarou

Torquay on Saturday

25 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

Just gone through Bristol. The m6 wasnt too bad. M62 miles worse.

Shearing shaymen stopping at taunton for 20 mins  then on to the riviera

17 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Does anybody think we will beat the 1,000 we took to Whitby.

Possibly not, the tidal surges around the M5 & M6 will put people off travelling:blink:

1 hour ago, Juryeff said:

Just gone through Bristol. The m6 wasnt too bad. M62 miles worse.

I’m surprised. By that after my trip down yesterday,  I don’t suppose the monsoon  d helped but there was a hell of a lot of roadworks.

14 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Chucking it down in Leeds and windy..............for a change.

I'm beginning to feel like Robert Pattinson in "The Lighthouse".

I'm beginning to feel like Noah in "The Bible"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Chucking it down in Leeds and windy..............for a change.

I'm beginning to feel like Robert Pattinson in "The Lighthouse".

Will you get his fee? 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

Will you get his fee? 

Sadly not. Although a fortune for me, for him I don't think he earned much for this one. He'll be getting a fortune for Batman.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:30 PM, chadders said:

can get a bus from adjacent to the Green Ginger which drops you by a small pub - can't remember name - bout 1/2 mile walk to the ground from there and is a decent social club just outside the ground to the left of main reception.

Don't mention The Green Ginger, £4.85 for a pint of Guinness, upstairs at Witherspoon's £3.85. No wonder it was swarming with Shaymen. Today  there will be a long queue at the bar before Plainmoor advance. 

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

Don't mention The Green Ginger, £4.85 for a pint of Guinness, upstairs at Witherspoon's £3.85. No wonder it was swarming with Shaymen. Today  there will be a long queue at the bar before Plainmoor advance. 

That's Southern prices for you, mind you serves you right for drinking Irish cocktails!! We we paying nigh on 4 quid a pint for a decent ish Doombar in The Hole In The Wall.

1 hour ago, chadders said:

That's Southern prices for you, mind you serves you right for drinking Irish cocktails!! We we paying nigh on 4 quid a pint for a decent ish Doombar in The Hole In The Wall.

Are you saying £4 is expensive? Maybe I’ve been in London too long but that sounds like an absolute steal to me :lol:

• Haha 1

How is the weather holding up down there? We have a very blustery day but sunny with no rain in Leeds at present. If things turn out to be better weather wise down on the South Coast then it might be a blessing in disguise to have 2 weeks of not playing at home with all the problems that could entail.

3 games already called off in the National League North.

Edited by ITMAN

5 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Underneath The Green Ginger Which is Wetherspoons is Revolution, Which is expensive! 

Above is ‘spoons , usual prices .

8 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

That looks a cracking surface to play football on. 

Agreed, that’s the sort of pitch you end up with when you don’t share with the egg chasers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, haldo said:

Underneath The Green Ginger Which is Wetherspoons is Revolution, Which is expensive! 

Above is ‘spoons , usual prices .

I drove past the green ginger about a hour ago,  good to see a town flag flying from the foot bridge above.