Papa Lazarou

Torquay on Saturday

3 hours ago, dj funky said:

Yes thanks, the eagle got to Australia quicker.

Thanks mate looking forward to this evening, wife going out and I have the TV and remote all to myself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On my way to sunny Torquay first thing  tomorrow morning to watch the mighty  shaymen bring home 3 pts, ( I know they aren’t playing until Saturday before anyone says anything ha ) , just wondering which pubs  fellow town fans  might be congregating in  pre manch on Saturday ?.

10 hours ago, ColinCanberra said:

Thanks mate looking forward to this evening, wife going out and I have the TV and remote all to myself. 

Sounds like heaven.

1 hour ago, Blueblood said:

On my way to sunny Torquay first thing  tomorrow morning to watch the mighty  shaymen bring home 3 pts, ( I know they aren’t playing until Saturday before anyone says anything ha ) , just wondering which pubs  fellow town fans  might be congregating in  pre manch on Saturday ?.

Weatherspoons green ginger is close to torquay seafront pre.iere inn and next to the bay hotel, an area where most town fans are staying, closer to the ground are the union and the york 

22 hours ago, TJAshton said:

No chance. No rain from Thursday evening and will be around 12 degrees down there. Be like summer for us 

What weather forecast have you been watching most of the country has Yellow warning for rain Friday and Saturday maybe the English Riviera will escape.

8 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

What weather forecast have you been watching most of the country has Yellow warning for rain Friday and Saturday maybe the English Riviera will escape.

The BBC & The IPhone weather app. 

12 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

The BBC & The IPhone weather app. 

Just watched BBC weather at Linch time most of the Country is going to get another deluge of rain Friday into Saturday amber warning

Edited by Forever a Shayman

To be fair to TJ he has looked on the specific BBC weather page for Torquay, which is likely to be more accurate and localised than the generic swathes of rain the news shows going across the country.

That said, forecasters generally don't know their backside from their elbow so who knows. You can bank on wind and rain, but if the pitch is in half decent nick there is no reason that should call the game off.

2 minutes ago, greg45 said:

To be fair to TJ he has looked on the specific BBC weather page for Torquay, which is likely to be more accurate and localised than the generic swathes of rain the news shows going across the country.

That said, forecasters generally don't know their backside from their elbow so who knows. You can bank on wind and rain, but if the pitch is in half decent nick there is no reason that should call the game off.

It’s also about our players and Officials and fans traveling down in safety too not good conditions for travelling.

To check an accurate forecast for torquay  go to the met office site and put in torquay its much more accurate than the BBC. 

The BBC  sacked them off a while ago and found somewhere cheaper and there forecast certainly  are.

56 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Bit like everybody on this site then greg.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, kmssteve said:

Weatherspoons green ginger is close to torquay seafront pre.iere inn and next to the bay hotel, an area where most town fans are staying, closer to the ground are the union and the york 

Thanks for that kmssteve, I’ll most probably call in to the green ginger first then one of the 2 above nearer the ground  closer kick off. Up the shaymen.

14 hours ago, Blueblood said:

Safe trip and don't forget to bring 3 points back with you.