Papa Lazarou

Torquay on Saturday

7 hours ago, Hoddie said:

FFS just let it go.

It's verging on miraculous what Wild has got Town achieving this season. Even if he has a blind spot for one player, so bloody what? If we finish eighth after the mess JF left behind, fantastic imo.

If Wild was perfect, if TSS was perfect, neither would be at this club. But we don't seem to be doing too badly considering both are deliberately making mistakes just to piss TJ and Trev off.

Is this the first time we’ve agreed? If it is then cheers. 

Wild has absolutely over achieved this season 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Shay said:

He has indeed. Some people wanted him sacked not long ago which was stupid. His team lineups and subs etc were silly at the time but he certainly showed us what he could do before that rough patch. Let’s hope he keeps us in the play offs and doesn’t do anymore silly mistakes. 

26 minutes ago, Shay said:

What is your threshold for over achieving, is nearly selling an house over achieving ?

12 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

What is your threshold for over achieving, is nearly selling an house over achieving ?

Over achieving is taking over a team more than halfway through pre season with no time to implement your ideas. Taking over a club that couldn’t field a team to play a pre season friendly. Taking a club with a small budget and leading them to fourth.

I am a doer so I appreciate his achievements. The naysayers would rather just bleat on here. It’s the easiest job in the world. To criticise. Get out and do it 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shay said:

Over achieving is taking over a team more than halfway through pre season with no time to implement your ideas. Taking over a club that couldn’t field a team to play a pre season friendly. Taking a club with a small budget and leading them to fourth.

I am a doer so I appreciate his achievements. The naysayers would rather just bleat on here. It’s the easiest job in the world. To criticise. Get out and do it 

If we didn’t have Cam King, Rodney and Redshaw then yes I’d say we are over achieving but we actually have good players with a lot of football ability. Everyone beats everyone in this league 

4 minutes ago, Shay said:

Let’s face it. Wild ain’t gonna win on here. Nothing is ever good enough. Out of touch with reality 

He is and I think he has won. One of my favourite managers in a long time. Nice guy, talks sense, wants what’s best for the fans and the club and has made some good signings. 

1 hour ago, Shay said:

Wasn't he aware of the job description when he signed the contract ? I guess Fullarton really was an hard act to follow after all ?

7 hours ago, TJAshton said:

He is and I think he has won. One of my favourite managers in a long time. Nice guy, talks sense, wants what’s best for the fans and the club and has made some good signings. 

Talks sense? Read his Courier comments after Saturday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Talks sense? Read his Courier comments after Saturday.

Come on Trev he does mostly talk sense. A couple of interviews after games I have wondered if he was watching the same games as me but imo he’s a breath of fresh air and the right man for us. 

He’s a young manager and still learning mate. Next season he needs to learn from his mistakes and I believe we will have a better season (more points than now). 

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Come on Trev he does mostly talk sense. A couple of interviews after games I have wondered if he was watching the same games as me but imo he’s a breath of fresh air and the right man for us. 

He’s a young manager and still learning mate. Next season he needs to learn from his mistakes and I believe we will have a better season (more points than now). 

Cant say we will have a better season than this yet... we could still get promotion.. i dont think we will but i think we will get the playoffs and playoffs is a lottery. Its been a great season so far and alot better than many of us thought 

1 hour ago, Bill Atkins said:

You will have reprogram your clone Trev

You harp on about vendetta, s. 

Yet you have the biggest one against TJ. 

3 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Wondered if he was watching the same game? I was wondering if he was on the same planet.

Wild is a decent manager and has done well for us. We actually still have something to play for going into March for the first time in years, which is something.

The thing that takes some of the shine out of being 4th is that, barring a miracle, a smaller club like Barrow or Hartogate will be football league next season where as we probably won't. If Yeovil and Notts County were up top, being 4th would probably feel great.

Edited by Jumbo1

2 hours ago, Jumbo1 said:

Wild is a decent manager and has done well for us. We actually still have something to play for going into March for the first time in years, which is something.

The thing that takes some of the shine out of being 4th is that, barring a miracle, a smaller club like Barrow or Hartogate will be football league next season where as we probably won't. If Yeovil and Notts County were up top, being 4th would probably feel great.

As we know though its not really about the size of the clubs ground/fanbase, its the size of the bank balance thats the problem.

That said i don't believe Barrow will be chucking big wages around, looking at their squad it looks like its very well managed. Harrogate, as we know do spend but i suppose you also have to credit their manager to date as they also made playoffs last season.

The fact were above Notts County, Stockport, Chesterfield, Wrexham ect shows Wild must be doing something right despite some of the nonsense on here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, greygoose said:

As we know though its not really about the size of the clubs ground/fanbase, its the size of the bank balance thats the problem.

That said i don't believe Barrow will be chucking big wages around, looking at their squad it looks like its very well managed. Harrogate, as we know do spend but i suppose you also have to credit their manager to date as they also made playoffs last season.

The fact were above Notts County, Stockport, Chesterfield, Wrexham ect shows Wild must be doing something right despite some of the nonsense on here.

Exactly. He’s doing a brilliant job and I think next season with his own players, get rid of a few duds and we will have another good season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

You harp on about vendetta, s. 

Yet you have the biggest one against TJ. 

Never once used the word vendetta as TJ would say Calm down man

1 minute ago, Bill Atkins said:

Never once used the word vendetta as TJ would say Calm down man

Wouldn’t say that. Would just you’re obsessed with me. 

29 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

No not obsessed just correcting your flawed thinking occasionally but still admire your passion

:huh:

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Exactly. He’s doing a brilliant job and I think next season with his own players, get rid of a few duds and we will have another good season. 

Everyone knows he is doing a good job but that does not make him omnipotent. He has made mistakes and continues to make mistakes, sometimes the same ones. He is open to criticism like anyone else.

Do not let this lot get you down, none of them have much clue about anything, are afraid to criticise anyone or anything at the Club as it might unsettle their comfort zone in their East Stand seats. (The odd one from The South Stand, none of them Skircoat boys)

They see anyone who dares to voice their concerns as a blasphemer and worthy of banishment and ridicule. It is a religion to them, tow the line or be disfellowshipped. Some claim to hate religion but act like Witchfinder General when their is the slightest dissent.

Time is the only thing that will tell if Omnipotent Pete is worthy.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Everyone knows he is doing a good job but that does not make him omnipotent. He has made mistakes and continues to make mistakes, sometimes the same ones. He is open to criticism like anyone else.

Do not let this lot get you down, none of them have much clue about anything, are afraid to criticise anyone or anything at the Club as it might unsettle their comfort zone in their East Stand seats. (The odd one from The South Stand, none of them Skircoat boys)

They see anyone who dares to voice their concerns as a blasphemer and worthy of banishment and ridicule. It is a religion to them, tow the line or be disfellowshipped. Some claim to hate religion but act like Witchfinder General when their is the slightest dissent.

Time is the only thing that will tell if Omnipotent Pete is worthy.

Yeah 'cos I never criticise....