Papa Lazarou

Torquay on Saturday

3 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Shaymen0 called you a part time supporter, he did you a curtesy with a response like that. The posters on this board who think you have a vendetta against a certain player need no further evidence. I have never personally come across any supporter who did not watch a team because a certain player might be picked regardless of whether it was a league or tinpot game.

You have made  nearly sixty posts in this thread with numerous references to formations and selections and then we find out you personally did not watch the Halesowen game or the Torquay game (I did not go to Torquay so I cannot comment on selection/formations) All I know is the manager had his reasons which he divulged to a contributor on this board who had the honesty to say he agreed with PW

I went to the Halesowen game when we played your favoured formation with Redshaw and Allen upfront.The striking force that day could not have burst out of a paper bag against a team three divisions lower. I totally agree that Redshaw and Rodney are our best strikers but to say that you do not have to assess the opposition betrays you lack of knowledge of sport.. I admire your passion but some of your shallow comments about certain players as per your response does you no credit

During this 

It wasn’t a serious comment. I obviously didn’t go to the game just because No Sho was starting:lol: 

I just had other plans so please calm down 

Sho silva should only get on the pitch when we have an injury or suspension to 2 of our 3 better strikers or to see the game out. Should always play our strongest team in the league.  I dont care what went on against halesowen as i didnt attend that game and wasnt bothered whether we won or lost as i am more bothered about our number 1 aim which is getting in the playoffs. If tobi starts against eastleigh i will be disappointed but hope he does well and scores however our team is weaker with him in. Just like we wouldnt choose to put staunton at centre back over a fully fit Brown

When will people learn - if we lose, it's the manager's fault. If we win, it's due to the players that were out there on the pitch. Apparently flip those the other way round and you are talking nonsense. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, greg45 said:

When will people learn - if we lose, it's the manager's fault. If we win, it's due to the players that were out there on the pitch. Apparently flip those the other way round and you are talking nonsense. 

Both players and management are responsible for wins and losses equally however if the management put out our strongest team then we give ourselves the best chance of winning

15 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Both players and management are responsible for wins and losses equally however if the management put out our strongest team then we give ourselves the best chance of winning

And what about when we win but didn't play what you would pre-game have said was the "strongest team" (e.g. against Torquay in FA Trophy). What then?

23 minutes ago, greg45 said:

And what about when we win but didn't play what you would pre-game have said was the "strongest team" (e.g. against Torquay in FA Trophy). What then?

That's the opponents managers fault for not playing his strongest team against us and using the wrong formation.

• Haha 2

Someone said that they agreed with Wild's reasons for playing Sho but did not say what the reasons were. They certainly could not have been for football reasons, if they were then Wild is in the wrong job.

26 minutes ago, chadders said:

That's the opponents managers fault for not playing his strongest team against us and using the wrong formation.

Well that was the case when we beat torquay in the trophy game wasnt it... they didn't put their strongest team out and left their top scorer on the bench 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Well that was the case when we beat torquay in the trophy game wasnt it... they didn't put their strongest team out and left their top scorer on the bench 

I will bow to your recollection of the Torquay team that day but are people on here really suggesting we beat them and had that decent start to the season despite Tobi playing rather than acknowledging his part in those victories ??

13 minutes ago, chadders said:

I will bow to your recollection of the Torquay team that day but are people on here really suggesting we beat them and had that decent start to the season despite Tobi playing rather than acknowledging his part in those victories ??

Watch your back bowing at your age! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chadders said:

He did well at the start, the whole team did with the 1 man up front but then it stopped working for us, we were found out, we signed better players which has pushed him down the pecking order. Nobody wants him to fail when he starts but from an attacking sense we are much stronger with Rodney/Redshaw/Allen up there. If tobi starts again Saturday hopefully he scores and does well.

36 minutes ago, chadders said:

Exactly that unfortunately 

28 minutes ago, chadders said:

Players should be picked on present form and not past glories. Sho was dropped after the thrashing at Stockport and several No Sho's in previous performances. We went on an unbeaten run after that with all other three forwards scoring. Mysteriously he started at Torquay baffling everyone I spoke to down there. We were Zeroed. More baffling were Wild's comments regarding his performance. Nobody on our train home agreed and that is putting it mildly.

Halesowen was in a Trophy game the club was obviously not too bothered about, neither were most supporters, many stayed away. Try again, I cannot understand your stance when every single conclusion from Torquay points to Wild having a terrible day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Exactly that unfortunately 

If logic could be applied, and football is not really a science, the logic put forward is correct in both cases. 

The early part of the season was a success with Tobi involved and not despite of him.

As in all equations if you change any one of the factors, i.e. the output from Tobi was less than previously, other players were added, formation was changed, you are going to expect a different result. In some cases this is an improvement and in some cases it is a negative effect. 

Taking the drop in form for Tobi, this appears to have produced a negative effect. I would hasten to add that it is not entirely Tobi's fault, there were no doubt other players suffering from a similar drop off in efficiency, or injured.

Adding in new players, and removing Tobi from the equation produced a positive effect.

Changing the formation produced a positive effect.

What we are seeing is the next layer of change. What is the effect if you keep the new formation but change the players? It would appear from the Halesowen game and last Saturday that the number of combinations of new formation and players used is becoming more defined.

Maybe it is all mumbo jumbo and we should let them draw straws to see who plays and who doesn't:D

37 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

He did well at the start, the whole team did with the 1 man up front but then it stopped working for us, we were found out, we signed better players which has pushed him down the pecking order. Nobody wants him to fail when he starts but from an attacking sense we are much stronger with Rodney/Redshaw/Allen up there. If tobi starts again Saturday hopefully he scores and does well.

18 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Players should be picked on present form and not past glories. Sho was dropped after the thrashing at Stockport and several No Sho's in previous performances. We went on an unbeaten run after that with all other three forwards scoring. Mysteriously he started at Torquay baffling everyone I spoke to down there. We were Zeroed. More baffling were Wild's comments regarding his performance. Nobody on our train home agreed and that is putting it mildly.

Mark / Trev some valid points / comments and I agree it did not work for us on Saturday. However it did previously did and the gaffer chose the starting eleven he thought would do the job but it did not work out. However we had numerous more shots on/ off target than we did v Halesowen when Redders and Allen started and that did not work. Who'd be a manager eh ??

7 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Halesowen was in a Trophy game the club was obviously not too bothered about, neither were most supporters, many stayed away. Try again, I cannot understand your stance when every single conclusion from Torquay points to Wild having a terrible day.

Did we not select the strongest squad available?? A declaration of intent imo which did not filter through to the players regretfully. Nigh on 1100 Town fans v Halesowen far higher than any home FA Trophy game at this stage of the competition I reckon. Yes that does mean @900 "regulars " stayed away but there was more interest than you suggest 

41 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Allen & Redshaw were bloody awful against Halesowen 

Allen changed the game against Dover, Redshaw won us the game against Chesterfield almost on his own. Could Sho Silva change a game?I know what the answer is. You can't wait to have a pop at Allen. Yet Sho Silva you defend... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Allen changed the game against Dover, Redshaw won us the game against Chesterfield almost on his own. Could Sho Silva change a game?I know what the answer is. You can't wait to have a pop at Allen. Yet Sho Silva you defend... 

Allen has had a positive effect on a few games recently, and has deserved the starts he has had. Redshaw has been below par for the last few games imo, although I didnt go on Saturday so cant commentbon how he played really. All I was saying that based on current form, or should I say the last game would I have started Allen & Redshaw? I am not so sure. 

47 minutes ago, greygoose said:

How did Jacob Hanson play at right wing back for anyone that was there?

Justified his selection, has had to wait for his chance again because it took Wild so long to realise what most fans already knew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Mark / Trev some valid points / comments and I agree it did not work for us on Saturday. However it did previously did and the gaffer chose the starting eleven he thought would do the job but it did not work out. However we had numerous more shots on/ off target than we did v Halesowen when Redders and Allen started and that did not work. Who'd be a manager eh ??

Did we not select the strongest squad available?? A declaration of intent imo which did not filter through to the players regretfully. Nigh on 1100 Town fans v Halesowen far higher than any home FA Trophy game at this stage of the competition I reckon. Yes that does mean @900 "regulars " stayed away but there was more interest than you suggest 

You like others are bleating on about The Halesowen game. That had nothing to do with what happened at Torquay.

Let us forget about any player at the moment and think about the conditions the game was played in. Gale force winds.

We played it in the air for far too long, they never passed the ball anywhere but on the ground.

I felt embarrassment when I got a watssap message from my lad in Malta who was listening to a commentary. "The ball has again found itself in someones back garden" The Commentator said. I could see the damn garden from the Stand and it was our lot who put it there.

15 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

You like others are bleating on about The Halesowen game. That had nothing to do with what happened at Torquay.

Let us forget about any player at the moment and think about the conditions the game was played in. Gale force winds.

We played it in the air for far too long, they never passed the ball anywhere but on the ground.

I felt embarrassment when I got a watssap message from my lad in Malta who was listening to a commentary. "The ball has again found itself in someones back garden" The Commentator said. I could see the damn garden from the Stand and it was our lot who put it there.

Did you knock on the door and ask for it back?

18 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

When they were practicing shooting prior to the match, TSS was the only player to consistently find the back of the net, the rest more often than not found the back garden.