Skircoat Shed Archive

Town vs Spurs 1952/53 (You Tube)

I knew there was footage out there. I believe the West Yorkshire Archive have some. I once saw a glimpse on Calendar - just a few seconds - but I've never seen all that before.

Weather just as I remember, first time I’ve seen a film of the crowd, not surprised my dad wouldn’t take me to the match now having watched it I wouldn’t have seen anything without been perched on his shoulders.

Brilliant find from the archives well done

1 minute ago, Hxmitch said:

Weather just as I remember, first time I’ve seen a film of the crowd, not surprised my dad wouldn’t take me to the match now having watched it I wouldn’t have seen anything without been perched on his shoulders.

Upturned orange box for me.

Wow that is some find because that was my first match my dad took me to and all I remember was it was very cold, how would the green team leader respond to the 36,000 that day. Now to my pet subject because these are memories that should be on the walls of our club because we have some bad times but also some great moments which as a club should be  preserved and remembered. Well done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

That's superb. 

Huge thanks to Funky for filming that day! :D

Err it was my dad Father Funky who film it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dj funky said:

Wow that is some find because that was my first match my dad took me to and all I remember was it was very cold, how would the green team leader respond to the 36,000 that day. Now to my pet subject because these are memories that should be on the walls of our club because we have some bad times but also some great moments which as a club should be  preserved and remembered. Well done.

Photos of that crowd should be.l blown up and plastered all round the Shay , blows Mr B’s record att of 8,000 out of the water , wonder if they even acknowledge it 

• Like 1

One of the very few things in our miserable existence is the fact that our record crowd dwarfs most at our level and most leave clubs ,

5 hours ago, Hxmitch said:

My dad had just started taking me that season but like you, my dad wouldn't take me because of the expected size of the crowd.

After watching that and then the following video of the cup win v Man City it was amazing the difference in the balls used in the games.  The latter game looked almost pinged around like a Frido !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

And Mother Funky doing the cheerleading ?

Mother Funky was at home making a ye olde Shelf recipe of Beef Stew and Dumplings awaiting her menfolk to return.

8 minutes ago, rdj said:

After watching that and then the following video of the cup win v Man City it was amazing the difference in the balls used in the games.  The latter game looked almost pinged around like a Frido !

Frido .Wow. That’s a blast from the past. Had one many,many years ago.

I bought it  and invited a mate for a kickabout. It burst after 5 minutes. Gutted....

Mother Funky did want me to go that day and my dad got a load of aggro for taking me but it was to late because the seed had been sown and no turning back unless you went to live in Lanzo land or like Colin Canberra in Australia.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

As said many times my Uncle had a heart attack at the game and died was in the Skirtcoat.

What a way to go. I hope they spread his ashes there as well.

17 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

What a way to go. I hope they spread his ashes there as well.

Don´t think you could do that in those days. I always call him the ghost of Skirtcoat.

• Like 1