Sign in to follow this  
Cheadle End

Rodney

This is the same story that this cheadle end tried to stir us up with about a week ago. 

Look at the facts he's been there wants to play  football and his first choice  was us he said that in an interview.

Why then go back to Stockport  Salford can't  force him to. They aren't  full time have won one game  since they beat us and their goalie was the  man of that match. 

The only way  he'd  go there is if they offered  mega books. The only place he's  really been successful  is with us. I know they signed Hogan  and Maynard but there on the way down and the contracts offered  would been very tempting to both of them. 

What are we going to scare ourselves  witless every time  onle these rumours starts which  is what it is.

As Rodney is under 24 wouldn’t there be a fee regardless in summer? (Albeit through a tribunal)

55 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

As Rodney is under 24 wouldn’t there be a fee regardless in summer? (Albeit through a tribunal)

Only if Salford offer him a new deal equal to or greater than his current deal. If they just release him, no. 

• Like 1

We need to get a game on ASAP, this constant Rodney rumour mill that's filling the time is getting out of hand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Another day and Rodney is still here, surprise surprise, he’s not going anywhere people 

All we need now is a pitch fit for him to play on. 

13 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

It was discussed on here yesterday that County paid £100 000 for Hogan. Surely that's wrong? That's just throwing money away when you can sign a player for free a couple of months later.

It does look like your chairman is going to try and get out of this league this season though.

I sincerely doubt we paid £100,000 for Hogan. That figure has come from a twitter account who just makes things up. Same twitter account said a striker was incoming less than an hour before Hogan was announced. They're clueless.

There's been a lot of nonsense spouted by people who claim to be in the know since we were taken over, they aren't. Our new owner's exact words were "give it a good go" with regards to making the playoffs this season but if we don't manage it then we don't manage it. Given where we got to using almost exclusively the squad we had last season it makes sense to go for it with a few key additions, but we the rebuild on the playing side (going from part time to full time) is likely to happen over the next 18 months rather than immediately. While our new owner is flush with cash I don't see us having a revolving door tripling wages policy like Salford have had; and I'd be annoyed if we did emulate that lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CountyFan said:

I find the whole thing embarrassing, he was okay with us but some of our lot loved him and have obviously taken these rumours seriously, this Cheadle End character has started a few and he's rarely correct, relax lads and lasses, he'll be with you till the summer.

What he said

29 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Hope the episode hasn't affected his mental state

Probably put a smile on his face, I doubt men in white coats will be needed .

49 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Hope the episode hasn't affected his mental state

Nice to be wanted and he is wanted.Come the end of the season and he has scored 15 goals and helped us have a great season he will have many teams banging on his door  to sign for them.Hopefully if he helps us do the impossible and we get promoted then maybe we will be able to sign him on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StrandedH said:

I sincerely doubt we paid £100,000 for Hogan. That figure has come from a twitter account who just makes things up. Same twitter account said a striker was incoming less than an hour before Hogan was announced. They're clueless.

There's been a lot of nonsense spouted by people who claim to be in the know since we were taken over, they aren't. Our new owner's exact words were "give it a good go" with regards to making the playoffs this season but if we don't manage it then we don't manage it. Given where we got to using almost exclusively the squad we had last season it makes sense to go for it with a few key additions, but we the rebuild on the playing side (going from part time to full time) is likely to happen over the next 18 months rather than immediately. While our new owner is flush with cash I don't see us having a revolving door tripling wages policy like Salford have had; and I'd be annoyed if we did emulate that lot.

Plenty of Salford fans are not happy that the club let Hogan go,The word is Hogan and Gary Neville had a big fall out and is the reason that he has been moved on .Salford fans are saying Hogan was there best defender this season and are saying Gary Neville is just treating the players like pieces of meat .

25 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Plenty of Salford fans are not happy that the club let Hogan go,The word is Hogan and Gary Neville had a big fall out and is the reason that he has been moved on .Salford fans are saying Hogan was there best defender this season and are saying Gary Neville is just treating the players like pieces of meat .

You are going to get that at bankrolled clubs. I think your shelf life at any successful club is short. What has surprised me is that he's potentially swapped one for another.

As I've said before though Stockport have the fanbase and the ground to cope with L1 football. They know have the chairman to take them that step further. It might be able to halt the flow of Man City fans that live in and around Stockport.

On 2/18/2020 at 8:30 PM, Erik Everhard said:

It might be able to halt the flow of Man City fans that live in and around Stockport.

Sadly we didn't stop that when we used to beat them every season, even when we were a division higher

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StrandedH said:

Sadly we didn't stop that when we used to beat them every season, even when we were a division higher

You never know, without Champions League football, all the stars will leg it to pastures new, not to mention Pep. Give it 3 or 4 seasons and you could be playing each other:D