Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
Cheadle End

Rodney

3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Why would they pay money for him when he's out of contract soon?

It just doesn't make sense to me. Although of he has a decent end to season with us he'll be on their radar for next season.

Apparently they paid 100 k for Hogan who’s also out of contract either more money than sense or a bit of Billy Bullsh#t

20 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Apparently they paid 100 k for Hogan who’s also out of contract either more money than sense or a bit of Billy Bullsh#t

Sounds like tittle tattle. I just can't see them paying that.

6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Neither. If they did that’s the worst transfer fee ever :lol:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Cant see that for a player out of contract in 12 weeks 

• Like 2

Stockport seem to trying to recruit salfords promotion winning side.

However isn't  that what we did in 2009 when we brought in most of harrogates confrence north side and then in 2016 we recruited north ferribys team from the previous season. We actually went further and brought there managers with them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Neither can I but if you read there forum there are a few bullsh#ts on there.

Edited by Forever a Shayman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

It's bugger all if you are a Billionaire. 

2 minutes ago, shaycrazy said:

It's bugger all if you are a Billionaire. 

It is but it's still money wasted. You tend to find that people who make that kind of money are as tight as a gnats chuff. He is obviously a good businessman earning all that cash, so why pay way over the odds on a player you can get for free?

I suppose we probably won't find out if he did, and I suppose of he's really going for it this season to try and get out of this league and back into the FL where he'll recoup some of his money, which in turn will help him to build the club up, then I could kind of see it that way, but I still can't see him wasting £100k. It might be just me beings tight Yorkshireman.

48 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It is but it's still money wasted. You tend to find that people who make that kind of money are as tight as a gnats chuff. He is obviously a good businessman earning all that cash, so why pay way over the odds on a player you can get for free?

I suppose we probably won't find out if he did, and I suppose of he's really going for it this season to try and get out of this league and back into the FL where he'll recoup some of his money, which in turn will help him to build the club up, then I could kind of see it that way, but I still can't see him wasting £100k. It might be just me beings tight Yorkshireman.

Already paying dividends, Liam Hogan scored the only goal of the game yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Already paying dividends, Liam Hogan scored the only goal of the game yesterday.

Well yes but Bromley are probably up there with Chorley as the most out of form team in the division at the moment. He's a good defender but there will he harder challenges coming

If I was Rodney I would concentrate on banging in the goals for us, and further enhance himself, then once a free at the end of the season he could earn a fair bit

his best form has been with the Shaymen and I would hope he would see it through in what promises to be an interesting end to the season

on a side note at least some rich folk are buying into an ex-league club that may grow unlike some of the hobby clubs we see in false positions in the league structure today

• Like 1

Building fantasy sides of recent Conference darlings is attempted every season and doesn't often work. Arguably the best side in the history of this league, Lincoln City's, came by nurturing and expanding on what was already there. I hear there's a team in that there Premier League who're also following that tack. It won't stop Stockport though if that's what they want to do. We need to make the case to Rodney that his best change of walking out at Wembley this season lies with us.

This thread is started by cheadle end their first posting 

who is chealde end ... ?? 

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

Cheadle End is a Stockport fan who dreams of Devante Rodney.

So some Stockport fan posts claiming they’re signing Rodney and our fans just take it at face value without question? Worse than that, they spend the day filling all social media with rumour and scaremongering so as the day wears on the rumour becomes ‘fact’, so much so that people start bothering the player on a day off.

You’ve got to despair sometimes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick said:

A bell end by the sound of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

Building fantasy sides of recent Conference darlings is attempted every season and doesn't often work. Arguably the best side in the history of this league, Lincoln City's, came by nurturing and expanding on what was already there. I hear there's a team in that there Premier League who're also following that tack. It won't stop Stockport though if that's what they want to do. We need to make the case to Rodney that his best change of walking out at Wembley this season lies with us.

Some good points but Lincoln aren't the best to have played in this league.

97/98 Shaymen team were better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

Yeovil of the early 00s were much, much better than the Lincoln side of a few seasons back 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mj85 said:

Yeovil of the early 00s were much, much better than the Lincoln side of a few seasons back 

Yes, I didn't like them but they were a good side. We were robbed down at their place. Well, it was played at Dorchester while their ground was done up.

Edited by Erik Everhard

7 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Barrow's shock season is showing parallels with that season of ours.

3 hours ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Super Scotffrey Quigley! 

Another interesting parallel, still within the realms of possibility, is our home game against them falling 10 years and a day to the one where we first beat Lancaster City to the top spot. It hurts just to think about that history repeating itself.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

Barrow's shock season is showing parallels with that season of ours.

I think you're right in some respects but one thing we had that season that Barrow haven't got, despite Quigley having a great season, is real quality. We had the experience of Jackson, Killer and O'Regan and then we had Jamie and the one of the best strikers to grace that league, Super Geoff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1