Sign in to follow this  
thevicar

Man City

Cant stand City so I'm over the moon. 

Its fine though they can continue to pay for easy draws in the domestic cups. 

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Cant stand City so I'm over the moon. 

Its fine though they can continue to pay for easy draws in the domestic cups. 

Whilst Man Utd £700 million in debt can carry on spending as they wish... 

Guardiola's days must be numbered if this sticks. Who'd have thought that? Back to League 1 in three years? 

Edited by shaymen_x

23 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Whilst Man Utd £700 million in debt can carry on spending as they wish... 

One of the richest men in the world trying to take over at Old Trafford.

I think I'm right in saying he spent tje same amount of debt that United are in on the world's most expensive house. It's a chateau in France.

His family are worth trillions and he's the head of the family.

I think he's rumoured to trying to buy another club, possibly Wolves but he's still interested in United and they are his preferred choice.

Edited by Erik Everhard

12 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

At least Pep has his wish to ease fixture congestion 

Pep is only there to win the Champions League, nasal congestion (not fixture) will be all he needs to worry about soon. Loving it

36 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Guardiola's days must be numbered if this sticks. Who'd have thought that? Back to League 1 in three years? 

Surely it's the people above that have made the mistakes? Their off the field team will be huge with barristers and solicitors looking into every move they make. With this in mind you'd think this kind of thing would never happen so the very fact it has says a lot about how the club is run. 

Their club is run by cheats who thought their money would allow them to cheat their way to trophies 

I'm glad they've been caught baceise this sends a good message out to the rest of the football world.

13 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Surely it's the people above that have made the mistakes? Their off the field team will be huge with barristers and solicitors looking into every move they make. With this in mind you'd think this kind of thing would never happen so the very fact it has says a lot about how the club is run. 

Their club is run by cheats who thought their money would allow them to cheat their way to trophies 

I'm glad they've been caught baceise this sends a good message out to the rest of the football world.

I totally agree with you but my point is that the clubs main objective is to do well in Europe. The world's best  manager was bizzarely coming under pressure for falling way behind their nearest competitor in the league, and then this happens. 

Also, are we saying that ManC are the only cheats? Too much money corrupts unfortunately. 

Edited by shaymen_x
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

I totally agree with you but my point is that the clubs main objective is to do well in Europe. The world's best  manager was bizzarely coming under pressure for falling way behind their nearest competitor in the league, and then this happens. 

Also, are we saying that ManC are the only cheats? Too much money corrupts unfortunately. 

Have PSG-Barca-Real Madrid been banned, no time for any of them tbh. As long as we get promoted.

5 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

What we'd pay to have Halifax banned from European competitions for two years

We wouldn't need to be thrown out because we'd have fielded a weakened team in order to focus on the league. Unless it's the stupid Scottish pre-season affair that everyone's so looking forward to. 

Edited by shaymen_x
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Sheff Utd in the Chamions League position as it stands. 

Chris Wilder - from non-league to the Champions League! 

• Like 1

Interesting how some financial doping is deemed worse than others.

Wasn't it Real Madrid that sold their training ground to the Spanish government, then immediately bought it back for pennies when they were close to hitting the wall financially a few years ago? Then we have the match rigging that plagues Italy....

I don't like what Man City are doing in their spend to win model, however they are far from the only team to do it, and the landscape is set up for certain clubs due to location rather than others. A club like Ajax for example can dominate domestically, however they get less than the team finishing bottom of the Premier League in terms of prize money. In many ways they will never be able to compete consistently at the top table. 

3 hours ago, shaymen_x said:

Definitely not. You only have to look at FIFA and its head for many years and that just shows how corrupt football is. But, football is a huge business and just like any other business, when there's large sums of money involved there will be corruption. If governments are corrupt then I suppose we can't expect any organisation to be honest.

At least our club is run the right way and we can be thankful of that.

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 2

Its ridiculous that City have been banned from The Champions League for 2 years for FFP, but a club only gets a fine for racist abuse!! And they are supposed to be taking a stance against racism! 

2 hours ago, shaymen_x said:

We wouldn't need to be thrown out because we'd have fielded a weakened team in order to focus on the league. Unless it's the stupid Scottish pre-season affair that everyone's so looking forward to. 

The thought of going to Inverness Caledonian thistle for a one off game excites me more than going to Crawley,Salford,forest green and Cheltenham and yeah your dam right I have no ambition I’m more exited about the experiences!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

The thought of going to Inverness Caledonian thistle for a one off game excites me more than going to Crawley,Salford,forest green and Cheltenham and yeah your dam right I have no ambition I’m more exited about the experiences!

Drove past the ground last year going over the bridge crossing the Moray Firth, much more picturesque than Salford.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

The thought of going to Inverness Caledonian thistle for a one off game excites me more than going to Crawley,Salford,forest green and Cheltenham and yeah your dam right I have no ambition I’m more exited about the experience! 

Interesting, each to their own and we are all different. Nothing about going to Scotland to watch town excites me,  mainly because its inferior to england but if its good pre-season prep and it actually helps improvement then it could be good, I suppose.

I'd rather sit in the garden and dream of future league wins.

Edited by shaymen_x