Sign in to follow this  
TJAshton

20/21 2nd Away Kit

11 hours ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Thought these were for our 2nd away kit? 

Correct. And first one for me as our regular fashion icon.

• Like 1

Don't like either but slightly prefer the 2nd. Orange and blue from this season is miles better.

Also agree re the white shorts for the home kit as noted above. Not fussed either way about stripes.

This is the second away kit or to those that don’t know, a third kit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ash said:

Aye - @TJAshton are you able to update the thread title to say third kit? People are getting in a tizzy over the tangerine and blue unnecessarily.

1 hour ago, greg45 said:

Aye - @TJAshton are you able to update the thread title to say third kit? People are getting in a tizzy over the tangerine and blue unnecessarily.

Yes can do. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Isn't it a condition re sponsors that second and third kit get equal match exposure ?

providing they both pay equal amounts of sponsorship.

On 2/13/2020 at 8:09 PM, shaymen_x said:

Where's tangerine and blue? This is nonsense, why do we keep reinventing the wheel? Paraglas #II will be next. 

I'd prefer some continuity with the colours, it seems like a free for all. 

Completely agree

8 hours ago, Ash said:

Questions:

1. Why do we need a second away kit? 

2. Don't shoot me down, but if our away kit clashes with the oppositions home kit, can we wear our home kit? (I accept their could be sponsorship issues, but I'm talking colours). 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Questions:

1. Why do we need a second away kit? 

2. Don't shoot me down, but if our away kit clashes with the oppositions home kit, can we wear our home kit? (I accept their could be sponsorship issues, but I'm talking colours). 

I think it may be league regulations, but as a club we choose to alternate the 2 away kits? 

11 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I think it may be league regulations, but as a club we choose to alternate the 2 away kits? 

Hello Dave

Thanks for enlightening me, I had no idea about the league regulations. Taking a choice to alternate defies any logic. We need to build a brand identity, based on a srandard theme, not scatter gun. 

I'm not getting into a tizzy about tangerine and blue, I just think it pays homage to our previous incarnations history, and it looks great. I've had many away days supporting us wearing yellow as well. The chant "yellow-yellow...." really drove the team on, and always does when the opposition wears yellow. C'mon you gold, white and maroons ' doesn't exactly float my boat. 

Edited by shaymen_x

42 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Hello Dave

Thanks for enlightening me, I had no idea about the league regulations. Taking a choice to alternate defies any logic. We need to build a brand identity, based on a srandard theme, not scatter gun. 

I'm not getting into a tizzy about tangerine and blue, I just think it pays homage to our previous incarnations history, and it looks great. I've had many away days supporting us wearing yellow as well. The chant "yellow-yellow...." really drove the team on, and always does when the opposition wears yellow. C'mon you gold, white and maroons ' doesn't exactly float my boat. 

think you need to stick to your day job..............

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

think you need to stick to your day job..............

Why? Is this a job?  

I'm just passionate about the colours we wear, if they mean anything, if we perform in them and whether we can get behind them when they wear it. Not whether they look good in a picture, or whether they are a good 'merchandise' opportunity (we don't have a large far east fan base) . Sorry, I actually care. 

Edited by shaymen_x

1 hour ago, shaymen_x said:

Hello Dave

What I don't understand is why he hasn't put a picture of "Papa" as his avatar.

When I started following the Shaymen in early 70’s we had a rather fetching green and black striped kit, I can even recall an official team photo in it which must have been rare at the time

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

When I started following the Shaymen in early 70’s we had a rather fetching green and black striped kit, I can even recall an official team photo in it which must have been rare at the time

Yes I liked that one too.

I don’t get all this 3 kits mullarky. We play in blue and white unless there is a clash in an away game, then we use our change strip. Get our main kit sponsor to pay a bit more and their name will be on both shirts. No need for 3 or to change for away games unless the opposition play in blue and white. Another annoying feature of the modern game, like VAR!

• Like 4

As far as kits go. The white one is best for me.

And I agree with the comment about modern football. But dont we want to be a modern and forward thinking club or do we want to be a club stuck in the old way of thinking, like Boreham Wood? I know that three kits seems silly in our league but the club need to make money some way. And if having three kits which mean 6 lots of companies paying money into the club for sponsorship, why wouldn't they want that? It obviously means that there are more people coming into the boxes, it means more exposure for us as they put us all over their advertising. Its all ways of the club making more money so that they can keep us all happy with the players we want in and more.

Would people be happier if we played at a ground like Maidenhead's every week to keep costs down, keep us in the same kits, never making money and staying where we are? I don't think we would. We have a great ground for where we are, great facilities and we are pushing on the trapdoor of the football league this season. Like PW said, the budget to get Rodney in wasn't there at the start of the season, he held firm with his squad and we finally got our man. We run a tight ship from top to bottom.

And would any of you even bother buying the new shirt if it was like this seasons? I wouldn't because they are all top notch.

• Like 1