Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Skircoat Shed Archive

Photo 13/02/1978

Recommended Posts

Don't think I am on that one, but got involved a couple of times. Those were the days. Not sure our fans have the stomach for it now, too busy playing championship manager and ganging up on each other. How did we get so many dullards these days?? 

Edited by francisfirth
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

Don't think I am on that one, but got involved a couple of times. Those were the days. Not sure our fans have the stomach for it now, too busy playing championship manager and ganging up on each other. How did we get so many dullards these days?? 

Global warming ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

Don't think I am on that one, but got involved a couple of times. Those were the days. Not sure our fans have the stomach for it now, too busy playing championship manager and ganging up on each other. How did we get so many dullards these days?? 

I've helped to clear the pitch of snow on a few occasions.

New club and old club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, francisfirth said:

Don't think I am on that one, but got involved a couple of times. Those were the days. Not sure our fans have the stomach for it now, too busy playing championship manager and ganging up on each other. How did we get so many dullards these days?? 

It's a quite a good mixture of dullards really. Some old and some new and a few inbetween. It does feel like we are a but top heavy on the dullard front, especially for a club our size. Let's hope it's a forum thing rather than a club thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

It's a quite a good mixture of dullards really. Some old and some new and a few inbetween. It does feel like we are a but top heavy on the dullard front, especially for a club our size. Let's hope it's a forum thing rather than a club thing.

Fair point Erik, it's an exaggerated version on here. I have stopped coming, peeked in last week to see the same old bunch berating somebody for having an opinion. 

How you doing by the way? Well I hope? 

 

 

 

Edited by francisfirth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, francisfirth said:

Fair point Erik, it's an exaggerated version on here. I have stopped coming, peeked in last week to see the same old bunch berating somebody for having an opinion. 

How you doing by the way? Well I hope? 

 

 

 

Better than I was mate thanks.

Sounds about right does that, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Skircoat Shed Archive said:

Halifax Courier photo of supporters helping to clear snow from the pitch 13/02/1978.1227177384_1977-78Snowclearing13Feb1978.thumb.jpg.49e358a68e99ffff1b53a6daa6c30229.jpg

42 years on and i haven't changed a bit....B)

Anyone else on here ? sadly Mel Owens(third left) has passed on.

Edited by eddies mate
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, eddies mate said:

42 years on and i haven't changed a bit....B)

Anyone else on here ? sadly Mel Owens(third left) has passed on.

I didn't realise that, have lost touch a little recently, when did that happen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, francisfirth said:

I didn't realise that, have lost touch a little recently, when did that happen? 

September 2014.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that you 5th from the left? Memories. My brother did his building apprenticeship with A.O Crowthers and they built the 1st house I ever bought. A company long since gone. 

21 hours ago, eddies mate said:

42 years on and i haven't changed a bit....B)

Anyone else on here ? sadly Mel Owens(third left) has passed on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, quizmaster said:

Is that you 5th from the left? Memories. My brother did his building apprenticeship with A.O Crowthers and they built the 1st house I ever bought. A company long since gone. 

 

Yes.Next to Mel with Jilted John just behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaymus said:

The lad fourth from right looks like Dave Dibb.

Could be he's definately on this Crewe photo 3 years later in the red jacket to the right.

 

 

 

 

image.png.ad141b463e71034f29ae1aaecdb76734.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 9:26 PM, Erik Everhard said:

I think they were mandatory back then.

Think you unpicked those bellbottoms you would have enough fabric to cover at least half the pitch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eddies mate said:

Wondering same...haven't seen him for years.

Used to see him in Tesco in town centre fairly regularly but not seen him for ages .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Is Dibble still about ?

I believe he still lives in flats at Sowerby Bridge. Not been to The Shay in years, though.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 9:03 PM, Shaymus said:

I believe he still lives in flats at Sowerby Bridge. Not been to The Shay in years, though.

Crikey has lived there quite a while then!! With me spending a lot of time in The Shay Hotel through following both football and speedway I signed on for the pool team along with Dibby, Ian Guest and Phil Saunderson @early 1980's. And not blowing my own trumpet but discovered I could play darts and signed for a very successful Shay Hotel team in both the Haifax and Tetley ??- I think - leagues and also The Yorkshire Super League which was a step too far for yours truly in a team that included the late Graham Collins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...