Shaymen Stats

Pitch Saturday

13 minutes ago, Greggs said:

When 2 clubs share a facility and one has far more stringent rules on what they can play on common sense should prevail. 

My concern is we wont be able to play a home game till April if they do play on it. Effectively wrecking our promotion Hope's 

Agree. But it's not down to the squatters to decide.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

The council has stated the pitch is currently waterlogged and unlikely to be available for the game on Saturday  

And if come Sunday the pitch is no longer waterlogged then it will be available for the Rugby.

Hypothetically, say the Rugby had a game on Friday night and it got called off, but the pitch was OK for us to play on the Saturday would you expect us to call our game off? 

4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

The council has stated the pitch is currently waterlogged and unlikely to be available for the game on Saturday  

I haven't read the article, it would be good news if both games could be cancelled this weekend . You can't say on Wednesday how the pitch will be on Saturday, most games went ahead last night, many on pitches that were probably no dryer than The Shay 

22 minutes ago, Greggs said:

You have only just started your season and have plenty of time to rearrange your game within the season. If the ground is waterlogged and you then choose to play on it that's utter contempt for the other tenants especially when football has more stringent rules of what's deemed playable. It could literally cost us the chance to get out of this league 

As much as I actually do agree with your sentiments apart from it been the rugby club showing contempt, as I mentioned in the other thread with us having to have a group of games away from home so work can be done on the pitch its going to be pretty hard for us to slot in any home games that have to be re-arranged without annoying the football club. We already have a game to re-arrange from last week and a mid week cup game that has to be fit in(We got drawn at home last season but had to play the game away, you know because the rugby club are selfish like that) plus any further rounds if we happen to win a game or two. We have a short time from been away from the Shay to the end of our season allowing for games that are already scheduled in so in all likleyhood any games that need re-arranging will still be played when Town are still playing putting even more pressure on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Flea said:

And if come Sunday the pitch is no longer waterlogged then it will be available for the Rugby.

Hypothetically, say the Rugby had a game on Friday night and it got called off, but the pitch was OK for us to play on the Saturday would you expect us to call our game off? 

The rain is at its worst Saturday night into Sunday. 

I'm not saying its upto them to decide or care about us. However we all remember what happened last time the rugby played on it in a deluge I don't think we played again for 2 months. 

Personally I think the council should decide for them in the best interests of both parties. They have plenty of free Sundays between now and August 

8 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Personally I think the council should decide for them in the best interests of both parties. 

How many times? Its not the Council's decision to make.

13 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Personally I think the council should decide for them in the best interests of both parties. 

THE COUNCIL HAS NO SAY IN CALLING OFF A COMPETITIVE GAME

Not sure how clearer that can be. 

If it was a friendly, or was possible that it was a public safety risk, then yes, the council could intervene. As it is a competitive game they have no say - and even if they did they should not got involved, in my opinion. 

29 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Now read the article and a no point does it say the pitch won't be available, the referee will presumably have that decision to make on Saturday morning

Surely the pitch should be inspected in time to stop Sutton travelling. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Greggs said:

The rain is at its worst Saturday night into Sunday. 

I'm not saying its upto them to decide or care about us. However we all remember what happened last time the rugby played on it in a deluge I don't think we played again for 2 months. 

Personally I think the council should decide for them in the best interests of both parties. They have plenty of free Sundays between now and August 

Which free Sundays do we have out of interest?

1 hour ago, Flea said:

THE COUNCIL HAS NO SAY IN CALLING OFF A COMPETITIVE GAME 

That's not strictly true though is it? From a sporting perspective perhaps not, but there must be half a dozen non sporting reasons they could use, such as emergency ground maintenance, or them not being up-to-date with their rent or whatever,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

That's not strictly true though is it? From a sporting perspective perhaps not, but there must be half a dozen non sporting reasons they could use, such as emergency ground maintenance, or them not being up-to-date with their rent or whatever,

Id imagine the council could use the "unsafe for spectators" line that was rolled out quite a bit at the weekend for a lot of footy/rugby games. Id imagine it would be the council that would be sued if say a piece of stand or Bosomworth's wallet fell on someones head due to the weather.

52 minutes ago, shaymanandy said:

Surely the pitch should be inspected in time to stop Sutton travelling. 

You know such an ideal world doesn't exsist, we can only keep them in the loop

6 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

As stated in my following sentence where I say unless it caused a public safety risk. 

Re the rent, thats been done to death. If the Rugby club are behind payment (Note; I don't believe they currently are) and the Council are letting it happen again then they deserve to not get paid. Only so many times an organisation can be so lax before you stop caring. 

Edited by Flea

Have the fat lads, egg chasing, silly dying stupid game lot paid their rent recently. They are not publishing attendances, obviously because they are so low they will be laughed at. The sooner they do a Bradford Northern and bugger off somewhere else the better.

6 minutes ago, Greg Florimos Boots said:

Would be ridiculous if Town were allowed to play and ended up ruining the pitch for us on Sunday. I remember the state of the pitch before our friendly against Hull, ridiculous to say us fat lads hadn't even stepped on it.

You could play Rugby League in a pig sty, whatever we do to the pitch Saturday makes no difference.

Contrary to comments on here, the League rules refer to an FA Guidance document on the postponement of games:

13. Recommended procedure for the guidance of Clubs and Referees in determining the suitability of grounds in adverse weather conditions

Each Club must take every precaution to ensure that its ground is in a fit playing condition. When the regional weather conditions are known to be extreme (e.g. prolonged severe frost, clear water logging or heavy snow) then the game can be postponed at the discretion of the League following consultation with the appropriate League Secretary / Officer, League Rules will apply; this is not an issue for the match day Referee. Should a Competition decide to agree to an early postponement under such circumstances there will be no requirement for a pitch inspection.

In all other circumstances and subject to the time and travelling distance, the match Referee should be called in to make a decision. In the event of the match Referee being unable to carry out the inspection, the Home Club must select an alternative Referee listed within the National List of Contributory Referees.

This does allow for a club to request a postponement in advance of a game due to adverse conditions. This is usually done on the advice of the groundsman, as he would also be asked for his opinion if it did come to pitch inspection by the referee or his stand-in. 

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

And people say the club don't read this forum. Glad they mentioned how good our groundsman is.

He is their groundsman too don't forget.