Shaymen Stats

Pitch Saturday

10 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Don’t count your chickens yet, trying to reschedule for this Tuesday 

Ground sharing with the egg chasers is not a marriage made in heaven but a reality so they have every right to re-arrange for Tuesday. At least we avoided todays mud fest, lets hope Tuesday the pitch is a little more playable.

44 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Surely if you throw in a few Wednesday night fixtures in the summer months its problem solved?

7 1/2 months to play 27? league games seems more tgan enough, even with cup games amongst.

We can't play on the pitch in the summer months. It would mean us playing home games away from home again which isn't really ideal.

20 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Don’t count your chickens yet, trying to reschedule for this Tuesday 

I know Town fans were pleased with the game been called off but it was always going to be rescheduled during the footy season for reasons mentioned multiple times. No real surprise trying to get it on as soon as possible.

22 minutes ago, Greg Florimos Boots said:

We can't play on the pitch in the summer months. It would mean us playing home games away from home

I think that was what Greygoose was thinking !!!

1 hour ago, Greg Florimos Boots said:

The long and short of it is that it isn't down to a common sense decision as per the other threads. What could hamper one team could help another and vice versa its just the way it is. Our coach obviously would have prefered to get this game out of the way as our already cluttered schedule just got harder now but it is what it is and the fact that it could affect our chances of getting back in to Super League is just something we will have to worry about later.

That last bit cracks me up :)

It was from a spectator point of view more than thinking of the longterm effect it could have on our season.

Really ??

25 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Shame as me and the boy were planning on going today. 

Why have they been misbehaving ??

• Haha 2

We can't play on the pitch in the summer months. It would mean us playing home games away from home again which isn't really ideal.

What ..you cant play this 1 home game on any midweek in May, June, July or August? I know theres a period where the pitch is out of use but come on

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, shaymandownsouff said:

People wanting the pitch ripped up need to be careful what they wish for...

The only surface which makes sense for the council to put down in that scenario is 3G

We’d have to go elsewhere then if we got promoted. Can rugby league play on 3G?

1 hour ago, Guido said:

They need it on ASAP as they need the Brass ;)

To pay the rent!!!

Mr Boots can laugh, they may well be in the Brown stuff when the tick box is undone when the ladies team are evicted ;)

• Haha 1