Sign in to follow this  
Shaymen Stats

12th February 2000 - Rochdale Home

That squad had some fantastic players in, not quite a full team but still. Oh what wasted years, criminal really. Literally too, probably.

5 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

That squad had some fantastic players in, not quite a full team but still. Oh what wasted years, criminal really. Literally too, probably.

You have a much fonder memory than me then as after Butler, Stoneman and Paterson i don't see anyone of much quality in that squad.

Edit.. Grant Holt didnt get in the team so cant include him and Lee Potter makes TTS look like Ronaldo.

Stoneman, Wilder, Paterson, both Butlers - but actually yeah you're right. I thought this was the season before.

Robert Herbert is now an architect, or summat to that degree. 

Mark Jules and Richard Lucas were steady enough but the rest after those already mentioned above were poor footballers. 

35 minutes ago, greygoose said:

You have a much fonder memory than me then as after Butler, Stoneman and Paterson i don't see anyone of much quality in that squad.

Edit.. Grant Holt didnt get in the team so cant include him and Lee Potter makes TTS look like Ronaldo.

Wilder was a decent right back, Chris Clarke was also decent. 

1 minute ago, ashy1966 said:

Wilder was a decent right back, Chris Clarke was also decent. 

Matt Clarke was the 'worse' brother, but in the end had a better career. 

Rumour was Celtic were scouting Chris Clarke versus Blackpool. Clarke scored an own goal in that game and the Celts didn't come knocking for him again. 

Just now, Shaymen Stats said:

Rumour was Celtic were scouting Chris Clarke versus Blackpool. Clarke scored an own goal in that game and the Celts didn't come knocking for him again. 

Wasn't John Barnes in charge at the time though!  Says it all. 

The Clarke brothers were some of the worst footballers I've ever seen at the Shay, and remain so to this day.

8 minutes ago, greg45 said:

The Clarke brothers were some of the worst footballers I've ever seen at the Shay, and remain so to this day.

That lanky striker Dave Lancaster for me. Hes up there with the cult classic Obebo.

58 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

I seem to remember them being referred to as 'calamity Clarke's'.

Matt Clarke signed as a striker but never found the net. He then got moved to centre half (thats how bad he was) and scored. Didnt Ctis Clarke go to Blackpool for about 100k ?

7 hours ago, greygoose said:

I seem to remember them being referred to as 'calamity Clarke's'.

Matt Clarke signed as a striker but never found the net. He then got moved to centre half (thats how bad he was) and scored. Didnt Ctis Clarke go to Blackpool for about 100k ?

Nathan still has a good shift in him

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Did we have a sell on fee?