Nick

Today’s Game Town v Halesowen FA Trophy

PW probably didn't want us out of the cup but by the sound of it the players did.

I know I wasn't there and I didn't pay the money on but how can you shout at the players and as one poster has said call Staunton a "c@@@" when the team have just gone on a great unbeaten run and the manager has won the Manager of the Month award.

Absolutely mindless.

3 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

So what.... maybe PM him and make your feelings known 

What the fecks it got to do with you anyway, prick.

PM me and make your feelings known.

Your comment shows just what sort of utter div you are.

Edited by Erik Everhard

10 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Dont need to replace anyone at this stage as they have all contributed to our league position. What we dont need to see is a repeat of that apathetic half arsed effort today. 

Cam King is obviously far too good for this league, on his day, but he doesn't have enough of them and we need someone in to give him competition for his place.

That is the one area I would look at. You could argue centre half too but for me the creative midfielder role is the one we need because despite this being a poor league we don't quite have the squad to win it, IMO. Play offs yes but would we beat any of our bogey teams (Harrogate, Notts County or Yeovil) in the play offs 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Saved a few Quid  on stewards but lost 6 grand on the result and nearly 1500 at the game, makes sense.

Although not the reason we lost, it does send out the wrong message and could have made a difference in that 2nd half 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quizmaster said:

Long drive back to Ponte. Gutless, lethargic, tepid and clueless performance. Well done to Halesowen - the best team won.We did not show them enough respect.

Long drive back to Blackpool so cut  off from that horrible display with music from Elvis and Neil Diamond

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Cam King is obviously far too good for this league, on his day, but he doesn't have enough of them and we need someone in to give him competition for his place.

As the 1st half slowly lost any sort of direction today I expected the players to come out all guns blazing for the 2nd half. What happend? Right from the kick off CK played such a poor lazy ball back to JBW a d it took so long to get to him that the Halesowen player was right on him and that set the tone for the rest of the game. King needs to up his game at times, last week when he was the spare man in midfield when they went down to 10 men he failed to influence the game really 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

What the fecks it got to do with you anyway, prick.

PM me and make your feelings known.

Your comment shows just what sort of utter div you are.

Done

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Sho Silva for a start should not be getting in the team regardless of the cup. He simply doesn’t benefit us in anyway. P.S @Flea compilation on Facebook shows his performance today and just shows how bad he really is. 

We took off our only two creative players on the pitch albeit not playing great but then you bring on Hanson and TSS who aren’t gonna change the game at all. For me that was Wild giving up on the game. 

Seeing as we are singling out people for being pricks you're up with the biggest.

11 minutes ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Seeing as we are singling out people for being pricks you're up with the biggest.

Haha why? Because I’ve said a player isn’t good enough many times and today Wasn’t any different and perhaps was worse than usual. 

Get with it lad! I’m so so glad you have that opinion of me when I’ve done nothing to you but each to their own ayyyy:)

• Like 1

For me, what was most annoying about today is if you looked at Halesowen's number 6 he was clutching the back of his hamstring after an hour and basically walked through the end of the game. 

We started off in the first ten mins looking like we wanted to score a bucket load, however in the last 20 or so when Halesowen looked to be tiring, we just never put the pressure on. So many players not at the races today that its really hard to pick one out as a stand out. I don't know what Redshaw did to get MoM, however at the same time I don't know who else to nominate, as there were some really poor showings. 

Cooper has done well in the past month, however today showed us the Cooper we had seen between Oct-Dec. Horrific passing, the hollywood balls were too predictable, too slow and easily dealt with. Redshaw was at times too greedy with the ball and consistently picked the wrong option. We never broke with pace, or with intent. Jeff King is a player that blows hot and cold, today he was pretty much ice. 

To not force the opposition keeper into making a proper save, when you are at home against a side a few leagues below you, well that to me isn't acceptable. It was a total horror performance. Made worse by the fact that Halesowen are an awful side - its not like they played well, they just took their chance whilst we couldn't create anything. Our best effort was a Clarke header which we failed to hit the target with. 

I hope the draw on Monday would have put us away to either Harrogate or Notts County, as it would then feel like we haven't missed out too much. The only positive tonight is that Eastleigh also lost, which means our game with them will not be postponed (bar bad weather) so we don't have to play them on a Tuesday night. 

I don't buy the "focus on the league" mentality, however, we are out now so we have 13 games to make sure we hit the playoffs now. That has to be our bare minimum goal going forward for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

Just now, TJAshton said:

Haha why? Because I’ve said a player isn’t good enough many times and today Wasn’t any different and perhaps was worse than usual. 

Get with it lad! I’m so so glad you have that opinion of me when I’ve done nothing to you but each to their own ayyyy:)

Out if the 14 that played today he actually wanted to play in the next round maybe Staunton also.

He won his headers stayed on his feet everything that hes been slated for he did miss a half chance though but he actually got to the ball where the rest couldn't be bothered to get into the danger areas

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Out if the 14 that played today he actually wanted to play in the next round maybe Staunton also.

He won his headers stayed on his feet everything that hes been slated for he did miss a half chance though but he actually got to the ball where the rest couldn't be bothered to get into the danger areas

Also don’t get why Staunton was getting abused by SOME FANS. That lads been immense all season. 

• Like 2

What was going on with their sub and the Town fan towards the end of the game?

Seemed like the players couldn't be bothered today. I'm a big fan of his but I'm struggling to see how Redshaw got MOTM. 

Hanson impressed when he came on. Looking to get forward and get involved.

Forget about today and raise the performance for next week.

3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Hiding your disappointment Tom?

It’s disappointing as it’s roughly £10k we will have missed out on today which could have helped to bring in decent player. 

I just hope that’s our last poor game of the season as these remaining games are huge and potentially our biggest in the recent clubs history. 

3 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

It’s disappointing as it’s roughly £10k we will have missed out on today which could have helped to bring in decent player. 

I just hope that’s our last poor game of the season as these remaining games are huge and potentially our biggest in the recent clubs history. 

Definitely need a reaction from all the players. 

Halesowen fans prob the most likeable fans seen at the shay for long time had good chat in pigs after game with a few and I’m not one for mutual backslapping etc , hope they go on and win it 

18 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

There will be more ups and downs over the rest of the season but other teams will aswel.  Dont think we will go unbeaten over our remaining 13 games but as others in the top 8 or so are playing eachother aswel then there are going to be plenty points won and lost by our playoff rivals also. Whatever happens its going to be an exciting/nervous time ahead and fingers crossed we at least make them playoffs 

Not a slight on Hanson, but if it is the season over for Duckworth then it is a disaster. 

For me Ducky has been very good and consistent all season and will be a huge loss. In the summer if I had to have got rid of one of Duckworth or Hanson I would have let Duckworth go, however I am very pleased that I was wrong on that, as he has barley put a foot wrong this season.

It gives Hanson a chance now to show what he can do, however I think losing arguably one of our best performers this season is nothing short of a disaster. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1