Today’s Game Town v Halesowen FA Trophy

6 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

A diabolical result that will go down in the annals of diabolical Town results from 1911 onward, including some particularly woeful ones since reforming, and a puzzling choice even considering our run-in when we were arsed enough to go all the way down to Torquay and win there originally.

Hopefully it is a thrown game—still embarrassing and not a sign of confidence, but if circumstances help us finish third or so, then all’s very much forgiven. Not resurrecting the silly “Time to go Wild” thread from Boxing Day just yet.

Our annals is a Horrible Histories in its own right. Not quite up there with Whitby away but embarrassing none the less.  

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In peace.  I know you are angry at your team today but I don't feel they just threw in the towel, I think maybe we surprised them a little and after the way we defended as a team they ran out of

Perhaps, but not as stupid as this. Would have been a good game between you, two evenly matched sides neither of whom can beat the stupidly named Yeltz from a few divisions below on their own patch, ;

Rather we play **** today than Saturday against Sutton which is a lot more important 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Shut up you muppet.  Look at the other results. Barrow lost,yeovil lost. Ebbsfleet lost to Royston.... imagine if we get promoted, you can look back on this message of yours and realise it does not matter in the slightest 

Clever man aren’t you :doh: If we win F all then I will remind you of your post.

• Like 3
Just now, Guido said:

Clever man aren’t you :doh: If we win F all then I will remind you of your post.

I dont expect us to win anything,  im hoping to make the playoffs thats it then what will be will be. Today really doesnt matter. Much rather make the playoffs and have a squad as fit as possible than just make the trophy final

Awful game. Controlled the first 15 mins but after that we were extremely poor. Halesowen looked a very good side and you can certainly see why they’ve got this far in the cup and why they’re top of their league. Very well organised in defence, knew what they were doing and kept us out. Took their goal well and you could see from the celebrations then and at full time how much it means to them. To be honest, I hope they go on and win it.

We were very poor, not quick enough moving the ball around, sloppy passes giving the ball away and just not really playing with any intent. If felt a bit like a friendly at times.

I counted four main chances we had that you think we should have scored. 1 - First half, good ball in to Staunton, fires high and wide (though on his weaker foot). 2 - Second half, TSS running on to a low ball in, doesn’t quite get his toe on it, if he did he’d have scored. Close but just too much in front of him. 3 - TSS again, good play down the right and played into him on a plate, fluffs his shot out for a goal kick. Should have at least hit the target, very poor. 4 - Clarke with a free header from a free kick or corner, heads it wide and really should have buried it. Those first two were more difficult, but the second two really should have scored. 

Anyway, onto the league game on Saturday. If we get promoted all will be forgiven.

• Like 2

Far too many collectively had absolute shocking games. When Cam King don’t play well, we as a team don’t seem to play well. In any form of football if your playing a team 2 leagues below you, over confidence can get in you head.

Take the rough with the smooth Town. You owe us one after that display. So move onto the league

26 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Shut up you muppet.  Look at the other results. Barrow lost,yeovil lost. Ebbsfleet lost to Royston.... imagine if we get promoted, you can look back on this message of yours and realise it does not matter in the slightest 

And if we fail to get promoted or make the play offs. Or wimp out in them. 

Alot of risk with what we have just done. Especially when getting through would have made us favourites for the competition

3 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Why is there alot of risk by being knocked out of the cup?? 

Well as I said with other results we would have been favourites for the Comp. In the league we are favourites for nothing. I hope we carry on in the league but it sounds like we threw that game which means we chose to stop our own momentum. You cant always just turn it back on like a tap 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I don't get that interview. King and Allen were not having a good game so we needed to effect the game. So we'll bring a right back on and a centre forward that cant hit a barn door. 

Makes sense 

Like we suspect we threw the game !!