Nick

Today’s Game Town v Halesowen FA Trophy

21 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

No excuses as far as I am concerned, you go out to beat whatever is placed in front of you. People payed good money to watch a football match with all players giving it a go, we went to Stockport half arsed & got rolled there too so there is history.

Personally I'm not fussed were out but i don't for 1 minute think the players/management didn't want to win.

If that were the case we should have thrown the 1st round Vs Wrexham and saved a trip to Torquay in the last round.

38 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Personally I'm not fussed were out but i don't for 1 minute think the players/management didn't want to win.

If that were the case we should have thrown the 1st round Vs Wrexham and saved a trip to Torquay in the last round.

Maybe the players & management did have a will to win the match but taken with the result at Stockport it does show a trend even if we have had a welcome purple patch between. You and a few others may not be fussed but I and a few others are, you can't choose which matches you turn up for, winning is a habit and one we need to adopt if we are to progress as a club.

Edited by Roy Race
  • Like 3

On Saturday PW had to use all the members of the first team due to injury,suspension and ineligibility which in my opinion posed or answered a number of questions. In defence we are sailing close to the wind asking Clarke to play time and time again with no experienced. Centre halves (Clarke should have scored with a free header) In midfield regardless of what formation we play if Cam King has one of his off days it is glaring re obvious that we have no creativity in the squad. At various times on Saturday J. King Hanson and Williams attempted to play in midfield with no success. Playing Redshaw upfront with Allen was a disaster as it is obvious that he needs a big forward to feed  off preferable Rodney but even Tobi won six headers to Allen zero contribution. Allen is far better out wide using his pace. Once again in my opinion Clarke,s distribution was far better than any of our midfielders or Johnston.

In conclusion we need another centre half and a creative midfielder if we are to sustain a promotion challenge which I hope we do

• Like 1

That should include a holding midfielder, preferably creative as well, who understands that sometimes you have to come back to get the ball of the defenders instead of running upfield all the time and leaving a gaping 30 yard gap for the opposition to exploit. That way Clarke would not be as exposed or as frustrated when he has no options to pass it to.

• Like 1

Agree that we are cutting it a bit fine in a number of positions. Feels like we need quite a few to be regularly on top form at the same time. 

However, despite Ducky having been superb this season, in a 5-3-2 we have plenty cover in that area with J. King, Hanson, and Josh Mac.

29 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

That should include a holding midfielder, preferably creative as well, who understands that sometimes you have to come back to get the ball of the defenders instead of running upfield all the time and leaving a gaping 30 yard gap for the opposition to exploit. That way Clarke would not be as exposed or as frustrated when he has no options to pass it to.

Maher has recently filled the gap pretty well during our recent resurgence, obviously a miss on Saturday.

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2020 at 6:59 PM, Erik Everhard said:

Terry is the only left I'm affraid and he's a bit of a wrong ane.

Terry is dead 

6 minutes ago, townmad said:

Terry doesn't appear to be dead. No mention of his death if you google it.

You’re right. My mistake. He’s alive! 

15 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Now we know he's ok I wonder if a loan request wouldn't go a miss?

Probably already spoken for by Stockport.

Makes you feel a bit better after losing to Halesowen finding that it would be Barnet away but yet another away fixture for Halesowen which looks like they will have to take the long way to Wembley but with a great following and the team spirit they have its not out of the question so good luck.

10 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Makes you feel a bit better after losing to Halesowen finding that it would be Barnet away but yet another away fixture for Halesowen which looks like they will have to take the long way to Wembley but with a great following and the team spirit they have its not out of the question so good luck.

It should be another good pay day for them as well.

3 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

From the away end at Barnet you can see the arch of Wembley!

Its about the only bloody thing you can see. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dj funky said:

I forgot to look who we'd have drawn. Definitely not bothered about going out now.