Jump to content
Nick

Today’s Game Town v Halesowen FA Trophy

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, YeltzTV said:

Hi all,

Just in case you wanted to watch the highlights of yesterday's game.

FC Halifax Town 0 - 1 Halesowen Town
08/02/2020

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: https://youtu.be/iGbmXuiZnJE
HALESOWEN MANAGER INTERVIEW: https://youtu.be/iRsEcUhKq3s

All the best for the league.

 

I don't want the pain of reliving this match, but can anybody tell me if the Duckworth butchering from the rear is on there? Am I exaggerating or was it a bad foul?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the ****s with all the negativity on here! 

We are 3rd in the table and have a great chance of getting the play offs and a slight chance of being in with a shot of the title. 

This is the first time I know where there has been a real togetherness between the fans, players and manager and what Wild has done is fantastic. 

In terms of the media side and stuff they have improved massively and have clearly got a good young media team willing to exceed with us. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The highlights flatter us. As for their goal, we just go chasing the ball from midfield and fail to get back in which allows them one pass to play through us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

I don't want the pain of reliving this match, but can anybody tell me if the Duckworth butchering from the rear is on there? Am I exaggerating or was it a bad foul?

Don't think it was but even if I did not see it was glossed over very quick, looked in a lot of pain when he went down the tunnel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Oscar Mc said:

The highlights flatter us. As for their goal, we just go chasing the ball from midfield and fail to get back in which allows them one pass to play through us.

Your right they do which is very strange seeing they were filming it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flea said:

I suppose a question to ask to those that were unhappy with what the club didn't do when we got to Wembley in relation to merch and the likes is the following -

Hypothetically we get there this season for the Playoffs - what would you like to see the club do this year that we didn't do in the Trophy winning season?

It's all good saying after the event, however, if we get some ideas down now and we do manage to get another Wembley visit, well maybe someone from the club will read where they "went wrong" last time and act on it?

Let's not tempt fate. The club might not ever get there again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, steve lumb said:

no

am just suggesting the commercial activity is way ahead of what it used to be. We probably have more sponsors that ever before (which included them giving away free kids shirts), which takes a lot of hard work. And I'm sure you'll remind me (because I've forgotten) all the things the old club did for the 2006 playoff final................

Could they do more, probably, but that takes investment which appears not to be forthcoming. Time for a supporter takeover?

But his comment wasn't about today or how the club has improved. And no, it'll never happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shaymen_x said:

I don't want the pain of reliving this match, but can anybody tell me if the Duckworth butchering from the rear is on there? Am I exaggerating or was it a bad foul?

He was hardly butchered, bad tackle, yes, worth a booking. The damage to his shoulder was done when he landed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Shaymus said:

He was hardly butchered, bad tackle, yes, worth a booking. The damage to his shoulder was done when he landed. 

Thought it was Hawker who tackled not even booked. Their comms at the time thought it would be a straight red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Thought it was Hawker who tackled not even booked. Their comms at the time thought it would be a straight red.

The ref kept the guy at his side all the time and eventually booked him when Ducky was leaving the field so I presumed he had the right man . It wad never a red, their man cropped man and ball from behind to halt our breakaway, unfortunately Ducky was airborne and took a bad landing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The ref kept the guy at his side all the time and eventually booked him when Ducky was leaving the field so I presumed he had the right man . It wad never a red, their man cropped man and ball from behind to halt our breakaway, unfortunately Ducky was airborne and took a bad landing

You're right. It wasn't a clever tackle to be fair though never a red, it was just a very nasty landing. Saw the lad after the game, looked in an enormous amount of pain. Really hope it looked worse than it turns out to be. Hope he recovers quickly. All the best to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never a red card that, just a bad landing and a massive shame as he might miss rest of season? 

Were in a great position in the league but without Brown and now Duckworth i cant see us maintaining it personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Ive just seen the goal, do you think Sam Johnson tinned out and could have done much better in meeting the ball? 

Like many times this season he could have done better. He’s such an inconsistent keeper. One game he will be class then others make silly mistakes. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Never a red card that, just a bad landing and a massive shame as he might miss rest of season? 

Were in a great position in the league but without Brown and now Duckworth i cant see us maintaining it personally.

Jeff King was fine in the wing back position so I think we will be okay there. I just don’t fancy seeing Binnom at left centre back every game as he’s not good enough or fit enough. 

I’m hoping brown will be back soon but Wild said if there is anymore injuries he will bring in a player so I’m guessing that’s what he will be doing this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Like many times this season he could have done better. He’s such an inconsistent keeper. One game he will be class then others make silly mistakes. 

Agreed, That’s why he’s with us and not a league club.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Like many times this season he could have done better. He’s such an inconsistent keeper. One game he will be class then others make silly mistakes. 

That's goalies for you, even the top level goalies can be like that.  The last line of defence and nobody to bail them out if they mess up.  

It looked like he could have got to that ball, or should have at least gone to ground. He seemed to stand still and just accept the shot go past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dire performance on Saturday has somewhat soured Pete’s CV when he points to his victory over Fulham in the FA Cup with Oldham.........”.Yes but you yourself were turned over by a team two leagues below”. Not Good. A combination of everyone having a collective piss poor day combined with over confidence.

Time to move on, but for fans who have witnessed the same against the likes of Marine, Whitby, North Sheilds and the old Wigan....it takes some getting over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Jeff King was fine in the wing back position so I think we will be okay there. I just don’t fancy seeing Binnom at left centre back every game as he’s not good enough or fit enough. 

I’m hoping brown will be back soon but Wild said if there is anymore injuries he will bring in a player so I’m guessing that’s what he will be doing this week. 

I must admit that I had my heart in my mouth mot of the time the ball came anywhere near Binnom....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thetalktrainer said:

The dire performance on Saturday has somewhat soured Pete’s CV when he points to his victory over Fulham in the FA Cup with Oldham.........”.Yes but you yourself were turned over by a team two leagues below”. Not Good. A combination of everyone having a collective piss poor day combined with over confidence.

Time to move on, but for fans who have witnessed the same against the likes of Marine, Whitby, North Sheilds and the old Wigan....it takes some getting over. 

It will be quickly forgotten should we win on Saturday.

We knew Halesowen had the pedigree to turn us over so for me its not a huge shock. Its also not really cost the club imo like the FA Cup one you mention.

We have a chance to get promoted this season, progressing in the FA Trophy would have hampered it. All our eggs well and truly in one basket now, 12 games to go so lets see what can be done?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, steve lumb said:

This is complete rubbish, you can't resist a dig can you. We sold over 2000 new shirts for one game, and you could choose to have the match details on the shirt. There was loads of merchandise, plus organising, what, over 50 coaches. Sure if you have any complaints your can speak to Louisa direct. Not sure you are really aware of how much the commercial income is, probably matches total gate receipts. Just because back in 2006 for the playoff final the club did absolutely nothing, you think the current team don't. But hey, it's fine just carry on until everybody gets fed up and goes, maybe you can take over the club and show us how it should be done. Rant over

Calm down Steve, has Ciara blown away your trampoline?

I did buy the special shirt with the match details on but I would disagree that there was loads of merchandise. I completely acknowledge that club marketing is at its highest level in the modern era especially the season ticket incentive that I think has contributed to us increasing our core "attending fans" to 2000 which is pretty good compared to historical data. I note you didn't mention the Centenary ;)

Onward and upward.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barnet v Halesowen in the next round.

Can't say I'm gutted that we miss out on that trip, objectively speaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly the end of the road for the Yeltz as Barnet dumped Barrow out in the last round. Unless Barrow adopted the same tactics as we did and basically gave up after 15 mins when it became obvious that Halesowen were not just going to roll over and let's us score at will. With Harrogate getting an away fixture at Fylde, they may become distracted if they think they might be getting to Wembley. We shall see after tonight.

Note. Barrow made 7 changes to their team from the one that lost against Dover, resting them. So a similar thread, their focus is on winning the league.

Edited by ITMAN
update of info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No excuses as far as I am concerned, you go out to beat whatever is placed in front of you. People payed good money to watch a football match with all players giving it a go, we went to Stockport half arsed & got rolled there too so there is history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just feel like a club that's only been to Wembley once in their history like us should be throwing a game in a competition that provides us with that opportunity. 

Of course we have the chance in the league and I hope we get there

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...