Sign in to follow this  
ashy1966

On the TV.

That’s because we kicked up a fuss I think and rightly so. Will impact on the hoards of fans travelling from Kent though.....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ash said:

That’s because we kicked up a fuss I think and rightly so. Will impact on the hoards of fans travelling from Kent though.....

More like because we are in with a shot of promotion. 

Well that's another £6k in the bank to make up for 300 missing away fans. 

Doe's having a later kick off have any negative effects on the attendance?

2 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Well that's another £6k in the bank to make up for 300 missing away fans. 

Doe's having a later kick off have any negative effects on the attendance?

Would be lucky if Ebbsfleet brought 50 fans

20 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Would be lucky if Ebbsfleet brought 50 fans

Mark, my comment was more about how the tv money would compensate for the lack of travelling fans, the £6k equates to 300 @ £20 a ticket. Looking at their own website they appear to have an average gate of around the 1,000 when at home, but this does drop off into the 800's when playing teams from North of Watford Gap. Against Harrogate they only had 822 and 878 when Barrow played there. 

My concern is how many others who would have attended the game will choose to sit at home in the comfort of their armchairs instead of getting down to the Shay and showing their support.

Edited by ITMAN
spelling mistakes

I would always rather be at a game than watch it on tv, given the choice. I don’t understand how any football fan could choose otherwise.

You would think Ebbsfleet fans would welcome any excuse to leave the area, but I don't believe they do travel in great numbers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, riccardo259 said:

I would always rather be at a game than watch it on tv, given the choice. I don’t understand how any football fan could choose otherwise.

I'll record it and watch it again when I get home, play all the goals we will score in slow-mo so I can really enjoy all six of them!!

• Thanks 1

Tv or not if we're playing like we are now and winning then people will come regardless of tv, Ebbsfleet wouldn’t have brought many so the extra money from tv will make up for their absence.

The other positive could be that the Halifax people who watch clubs higher up the leagues who’s clubs are either not playing that day or at home, with the late kick off may make the journey to the Shay to get behind their local side. This I know for a fact happened when Leeds Utd busses dropped Halifax Leeds fans off at the Shay to attend the Chorley play-off game after they’d had an earlier start at Wigan that day. 

All in all only positives can come from this in my opinion.

• Like 1

Leeds don't play until the Sunday that weekend so we could tempt some of them down, but Bradford and Hudds are both at home with 3pm kick offs so probably won't have many of them around.

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

Don’t think any TV game we’ve had has affected the crowd adversely 

Believe it actually increases the crowd for the chance of being on tv.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

14th of March against Ebbsfleet. Kick off 17.20pm.

I was only thinking yesterday that surely we should have a televised game or two now that we are back in good form and back in the play offs. Also, we've had a few high scoring games too.

So that'll be a 0-0 then.

:P

1 hour ago, riccardo259 said:

Leeds don't play until the Sunday that weekend so we could tempt some of them down, but Bradford and Hudds are both at home with 3pm kick offs so probably won't have many of them around.

Yes, they are away at Cardiff, so it might be possible to get some of the Leeds supporters to come and watch football as it was meant to be played:D

Being on the telly is a good thing. People are in the pub or home after the 3pm kick-offs and get to take a good long look at the best team in Yorkshire on the silver screen. 

The travelling band of Ebbsfleet fans will neither be bigger nor smaller anyway. 

• Like 1