Sign in to follow this  
AJS

Lois Maynard

22 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Why, a sound defence is where you start.

It’s always good to have a good centre back partnership but don’t think teams build their team based on the two centre backs. 

13 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

It’s always good to have a good centre back partnership but don’t think teams build their team based on the two centre backs. 

You do TJ. Its an old saying, start at the back and build forwards.

Sign a decent keeper and then defence and then midfield and then your strikers.

22 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

You do TJ. Its an old saying, start at the back and build forwards.

Sign a decent keeper and then defence and then midfield and then your strikers.

I think I’m meaning in terms of playing style and the type of players the club would buy. 

It’s like everyone saying Utd should build around pogba as the future signings would be based around him. 

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Missed the humour Thomas John. I meant he might have been on the pitch for 90 minutes but he did not feature much 

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Yes he's a bit flakey nowadays.

'Drifts' in and out of the game too much:D:D

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I think I’m meaning in terms of playing style and the type of players the club would buy. 

It’s like everyone saying Utd should build around pogba as the future signings would be based around him. 

Ah, I see.

4 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Maguire

2.5 year deals are a bit risky at this level, but damn, Maynard and Hogan would be ideal in this current team. Those two are probably just what we would need to get us over the line as an extra body at CB and CM are exactly the areas I'd work on.

Its a huge gamble and won't be cheap for Stockport, however I'm glad that, bar the playoffs, we won't face them again this season. 

I do wonder if they are going for broke a bit atm though as these signings won't come cheap. 

4 minutes ago, Flea said:

2.5 year deals are a bit risky at this level, but damn, Maynard and Hogan would be ideal in this current team. Those two are probably just what we would need to get us over the line as an extra body at CB and CM are exactly the areas I'd work on.

Its a huge gamble and won't be cheap for Stockport, however I'm glad that, bar the playoffs, we won't face them again this season. 

I do wonder if they are going for broke a bit atm though as these signings won't come cheap. 

They have the crowds to pay their wages though Flea. Water off a ducks back.

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

They have the crowds to pay their wages though Flea. Water off a ducks back.

If so, why not sign these players previously? Irrespective of crowds, no idea what their existing outgoings are.

14 hours ago, shaykehands said:

If so, why not sign these players previously? Irrespective of crowds, no idea what their existing outgoings are.

Were they available earlier? Who knows but as Stockport fans have said money wise they were fine before their new chairman came in. They didn't owe any money out, which was once touted on here and they were running on surplus, hence when they made the loan signings of Dave and Walker.

When you take that into consideration then you look at their crowds, not sure what their current average is but it will probably be around the 4000 mark, they can afford to sign players like Hogan and Maynard.

I just hope they don't try and sign Dave at the end of the season.

Edited by Erik Everhard

8 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Maguire not Pogba

Ah so they signed Bruno Fernandes as he fits around Maguire? Signed Dan James as well as he fits around maguire?

6 hours ago, Flea said:

They are going for it. Massive gamble and if it doesn’t pay off they’ll disappear for good.

We were taken over by a Stockport born billionaire about two weeks ago, they're transitioning to full time with big plans for Edgeley Park and a new training complex and academy, we're just waiting for the catch.

Edited by CountyFan
It reads better

29 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

We were taken over by a Stockport born billionaire about two weeks ago, they're transitioning to full time with big plans for Edgeley Park and a new training complex and academy, we're just waiting for the catch.

In which case good luck to you all.  Bit of a bugger for us that it's happened mid-season as it could very well be the difference in the play-offs. 

Having said that, barring Dave and Redshaw who on their day are the best front 2 in the league, I don't think we're quite good enough anyway.

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

Long as the billionaire is not a developer think yourselves lucky & enjoy the ride. Billionaire & FCHT not words heard in the same sentence unfortunately:( Never know we may get lucky & meet in the league again. A place available in the higher echelons of Manc Land for you now City are on the slide:D

Cheers lads, he's drawn up some pretty impressive plans for the stadium so I can't see him wanting to knock it down, if he talked about a new stadium I'd be worried as it would probably be a flatpack out of town, good luck anway, always had a soft spot for you lot.

Lets be fair, its the dream that a local lad who loves the club wins the lottery and takes over. 

I wouldn't want to see my club bankrolled, unless I knew the person doing it was a die hard fan who had the clubs best interests at heart. The likes at Man City for example, that club means nothing to them and they can easily walk away. If its your local club and you are invested in it its a bit different.

Whilst Salford took the splashing cash to another level, I always had more time for them than the likes of FGR due to those putting them money in being local lads. 

I see that Hogan scored the winning goal today on his debut. Also got booked, and saved a ‘certain goal’ from Michael Cheek. Maynard didn’t play but MacAlinden did.

Results weren’t bad again for us. Other teams chipping away at their remaining games and not picking up too many points around us

11 hours ago, Ash said:

They are going for it. Massive gamble and if it doesn’t pay off they’ll disappear for good.

I don't think it is a massive gamble. Not sure won how much they .Ake through corporate and advertising etc but their attendances are double ours sometimes and even more. 

They started this season with most of the squad from last season and according to Stockport fans, Gannon gave them a go at his season, or most of them anyway, before making wholesale changes. They did quite well and then he bolstered his team with some quality loan signings. So all in they'll be doing very well financially without their sugar daddy. He won't have to put much in, if anything at all, apart from his plans for the ground until maybe L1. All depends on who they are up against in L2. 

I know they haven't done anything yet and they are still in our league but it's only a matter of time. If not this year then next year.

3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I don't think it is a massive gamble. Not sure won how much they .Ake through corporate and advertising etc but their attendances are double ours sometimes and even more. 

They started this season with most of the squad from last season and according to Stockport fans, Gannon gave them a go at his season, or most of them anyway, before making wholesale changes. They did quite well and then he bolstered his team with some quality loan signings. So all in they'll be doing very well financially without their sugar daddy. He won't have to put much in, if anything at all, apart from his plans for the ground until maybe L1. All depends on who they are up against in L2. 

I know they haven't done anything yet and they are still in our league but it's only a matter of time. If not this year then next year.

The frustrating thing is that all it does is drive wages up in this league, they are already unsustainable for the majority of clubs.