Sign in to follow this  
AJS

Lois Maynard

Don’t think Rodney in the last six months of his Salford contract would accept being sold to Stockport .. let’s be honest he wants bigger clubs than both Stockport and us 

nick 

He wants a Football League club. 

The only Football League club that really want him will be us in 6 months. 

• Like 3

It's a bit like Leeds selling one of their young "stars" to Spurs then getting him straight back on loan. Talk about having your cake and eating it. Sad bit was when he cam back Bielsa just left him sat on the subs bench - did wonders for the players confidence.:doh:

What happened with Doyle is that he was on a season long loan with a possible recall clause in january. City decided to recall him, he played a few matches then Swindon came up with a transfer fee and he was sold to them. He had alreasy stated that he did not want to return to city as he was happy but money talks.

Things are changing so quickly in this league. Maynard will definitely get Stockport firing again. What a difference 5 matches has made though, since Boxing Day Stockport have picked up just 6 points and we've gained 16. 

Am I being a bit naive here. If Dave goes back to Salford and they say to him, "Right, we`re selling you to Stockport". He says "I don`t want to go to Stockport." They cannot make him go to Stockport. Or can they. If I don`t want to go anywhere I won`t go. Especially if I`m happy where I am!

1 minute ago, arryarry said:

Am I being a bit naive here. If Dave goes back to Salford and they say to him, "Right, we`re selling you to Stockport". He says "I don`t want to go to Stockport." They cannot make him go to Stockport. Or can they. If I don`t want to go anywhere I won`t go. Especially if I`m happy where I am!

I can't see Stockport paying money for a player that's out of contract in May. Also, he sat in the bench a fair bit while he was there, apparently. I know he scored a couple and was liked but I just can't see it happening.

Hope I'm right.

17 minutes ago, arryarry said:

Nobody can force him to sign a contract with Stockport if he doesn’t want to. They could have spoken to him and said ‘look, Stockport want to buy you so we could recall you from your loan so you can sign with them’ and then he goes ‘nah I’m loving it here at the best team in Yorkshire, I don’t want to sign for a team going nowhere’ and that’s the end of it.

Edited by riccardo259
  • Thanks 1

If he went to Stockport tomorrow Salford would get most of the cash. When his contract expires at the end of the season he is a free agent so he will keep the cash himself. He's going nowhere yet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

Things are changing so quickly in this league. Maynard will definitely get Stockport firing again. What a difference 5 matches has made though, since Boxing Day Stockport have picked up just 6 points and we've gained 16. 

Yes I think stop stockpot we’re around 6 pts ahead of us after the Boxing Day game , what a turn around up the shaymen.

The Rodney thing has surfaced on the Stockport forum this morning. They seem to think they have offered Salford £15000 for him. Now they have had this takeover they seem to think they can get anybody they want. They are the most arrogant fans I have come across.  They also think Carlisle are interested although I'd think the transfer window thing stops him going there.

Personally I don't think he'll go anywhere we train during the day Stockport don't and I think he prefers playing the role we have given him.  Anyway if any player that has seen Super Geoffs blog on Youtube about Jim Gannon  you'd have to be out of your tree to sign for them.

28 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

The Rodney thing has surfaced on the Stockport forum this morning. They seem to think they have offered Salford £15000 for him. Now they have had this takeover they seem to think they can get anybody they want. They are the most arrogant fans I have come across.  They also think Carlisle are interested although I'd think the transfer window thing stops him going there.

Personally I don't think he'll go anywhere we train during the day Stockport don't and I think he prefers playing the role we have given him.  Anyway if any player that has seen Super Geoffs blog on Youtube about Jim Gannon  you'd have to be out of your tree to sign for them.

I wouldn't say there arrogant, ultimatley money talks and they now have some. If we'd just had a cash injection all of us would expect the club to go for the best players possible.

Hopefully its just a rumour and he'll stay putt but if he/Salford decide otherwise thats football I'm affraid.

Edited by greygoose

2 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

£15,000 is peanuts. If we were to lose him for that we might as well pack up.

We could match the15k but not the wages but its hopefully nonsesne anyway.

Rodney will be going nowhere. 

He knows if he stays here and is pivotal in us getting promoted he’ll possibly get the opportunity of a league 1 side if not he can either choose to stay with us or go to another league 2 side whilst Stockport and still in the National League, he’ll also being a free agent command either a decent signing on fee or a bigger wage

Stockport might be offering £15,000 for him, but I can’t see that he’d want to go there. He seems to really enjoy being at The Shay, good partnership with Redshaw, 3rd in the league. Why would he want to go back to sitting on the bench at a mid-table club?

Gannon’s credibility is at risk with any move for Rodney. He had him, didn’t play him in the right position and then replaced him with McAlindon, who has not scored yet. Surely the last thing Gannon needs is Rodney returning and worse still the goals drying up too. I’m sure EdgeleyTrev will be offering Gannon a one way journey to the seaside resort of his choice. 

If I was Gannon I’d find another and “better“ striker that hadn’t been anywhere near Stockport previously.