Jump to content

A few thoughts


Recommended Posts

1) A bit of a shame that despite being in the top half all season and promotion picture for the majority of it there were less than 2k home fans yesterday.

I don't think it helps that the local paper chooses to lead its back page with a story about a part time rugby team :doh: and the advertising of the games appears to be very poor.

2) As we approach the run in and the games take on extra importance the pitch is going to get ****ed up by them lot just at the time it needs to be in its best condition to assist the likes of King, Redshaw and Allen.

3) When will people get off Cooper's back? 

Moan over.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think our players get paid by bank transfer 

It's about timing, get next year's season tickets on sale now, same price for those who bought last time around, £50 more for those who didn't, and increase the price after the end of the normal seaso

At the moment we do seem to have quite a few youngsters supporting the club. The hard part is keeping them interested 

I agree about points 2 and 3 but, when compared to other local papers' coverage of their respective teams, I I think the Courier does a good job. I can't comment on the paper version but there's always loads online. The report and interviews are usually up within minutes of the final whistle and we even have a FC Halifax Town tab at the top of the home screen. Yes, the website itself is a bit of a mare with popups and the like but that's not the reporters fault. 

Edited by Che Bentos
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree regards the pitch. We are now using strikers with pace who like to receive the ball on the deck. After the pitch gets churned up will we then revert back to hoofing it forward again.  Always believed if it's a heavy pitch you put your foot through the ball for the pass to reach its destination. A bumpy, cut up pitch will always be awkward but players have to adapt to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said when the brilliant priced season ticket was announced we had to make the play offs (much to the derision of many on here) to keep the interest up and attain the 2200 av. to break even for this offer to continue, it worked for Bradford City a few seasons ago and that I believe is what DB is trying to emulate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Agree regards the pitch. We are now using strikers with pace who like to receive the ball on the deck. After the pitch gets churned up will we then revert back to hoofing it forward again.  Always believed if it's a heavy pitch you put your foot through the ball for the pass to reach its destination. A bumpy, cut up pitch will always be awkward but players have to adapt to it.

Sorry Crowther JC, don't agree re hoof ball when the pitch gets a little heavy. Our new found style of play will be just as effective on heavy muddy pitches. Opposition defenders will hate having to deal with players like Jack Redshaw & Cam King ploughing a furrow through their midst. Keep it ont deck & we will be the better team.

I cant think of one occasion yesterday when we won a first header in the hoof ball contest ;) we are not able to compete, but we are if its speed & tricky forward play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing concerns me re the pitch and the egg chasers is the fitness of Cam & Jack standing up I think whatever condition big CB´s will have trouble against CK, JR, Dave & Allen. I include Allen in there as I have said before we have not seen the best of him yet, last two games we are just starting to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been happy with the attendances this season. We must be averaging 2,000 which for us is very good. What we need to do now is take advantage of this extra support and carry on the offer and build and build it up. We are heading in the right direction fan wise. 

As for the pitch. We just have to hope it stays dry when the rugby are on it. But remember we have finished the last 2 seasons strongly despite the rugby being on it and this team has far more quality than the last 2 seasons. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Sorry Crowther JC, don't agree re hoof ball when the pitch gets a little heavy. Our new found style of play will be just as effective on heavy muddy pitches. Opposition defenders will hate having to deal with players like Jack Redshaw & Cam King ploughing a furrow through their midst. Keep it ont deck & we will be the better team.

I cant think of one occasion yesterday when we won a first header in the hoof ball contest ;) we are not able to compete, but we are if its speed & tricky forward play.

Yet we do continue to aim high long balls to 5'4 allen. I often wonder what Sam thinks is going to happen in that situation up against 6'6 centre halves. 

Still we eventually to adapt in to the game and its not surprising we look far more dangerous when we get it down and play 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I've been happy with the attendances this season. We must be averaging 2,000 which for us is very good. What we need to do now is take advantage of this extra support and carry on the offer and build and build it up. We are heading in the right direction fan wise. 

As for the pitch. We just have to hope it stays dry when the rugby are on it. But remember we have finished the last 2 seasons strongly despite the rugby being on it and this team has far more quality than the last 2 seasons. 

Slight understatement there Greggs:rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

I agree about points 2 and 3 but, when compared to other local papers' coverage of their respective teams, I I think the Courier does a good job. I can't comment on the paper version but there's always loads online. The report and interviews are usually up within minutes of the final whistle and we even have a FC Halifax Town tab at the top of the home screen. Yes, the website itself is a bit of a mare with popups and the like but that's not the reporters fault. 

Fair enough re online, I buy the paper so was referring to the print version.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

It wasn’t great and I was expecting more of a crowd and a better atmosphere. 

Continue as we are and you’ll see 2300 again every game and the longer we stay in the play offs the atmosphere and crowds will improve. 

And another 2 home games in the next 2 weeks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Norm said:

Just for balance chaps, York had 3.5K yesterday, yes Chester will have taken a few hundred but I would imagine that DB was thinking that was the level of support that the team would be getting this season.

 

Don´t think we have ever managed to equal York support, have we?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Just for balance chaps, York had 3.5K yesterday, yes Chester will have taken a few hundred but I would imagine that DB was thinking that was the level of support that the team would be getting this season.

 

No chance. 2000 mark is what we should be achieving every game and now we are in a great position we should be looking at 2300+ from now

Link to post
Share on other sites

All a building process, the season ticket offer last season was a fantastic offer at the wrong time on the back of an awful season and non existent pre season. With Bradford fans disgruntled and the poodles poor the same offer needs to be repeated at least in an early bird. If an offer of an early bird ticket came out in March for next season at the same price as this even for just a month, you’d sell more in that month than all of last year and you’d push 2000 season tickets all in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ash said:

All a building process, the season ticket offer last season was a fantastic offer at the wrong time on the back of an awful season and non existent pre season. With Bradford fans disgruntled and the poodles poor the same offer needs to be repeated at least in an early bird. If an offer of an early bird ticket came out in March for next season at the same price as this even for just a month, you’d sell more in that month than all of last year and you’d push 2000 season tickets all in.

Keep the momentum going and yes I think the 2k mark early bird is achievable. Then increase by say 25% upto July 1st. Hopefully in L2.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Norm said:

Just for balance chaps, York had 3.5K yesterday, yes Chester will have taken a few hundred but I would imagine that DB was thinking that was the level of support that the team would be getting this season.

 

Why would DB think that 

just look at attendance over the last 30 years 

1500 when doing poorly 

around 1800 when doing ok 

2200 when doing well 

 there are odd games when we pull 4000 but that’s games when people like me travel from Oslo .. when we round up a few friends ( often Huddersfield supporters) and drag them along for a change .. 

Yes our ambition has be to grow our base 

but that will be a few hundred a year if we do it well .. it will not be 000s 

it never has been it not likely to ever be 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...