Sutton - 90 mins played 0 goals

Hartlepool - 21 mins played 0 goals

Dover - 38 mins played 0 goals. 

Rodney -

Maidenhead - 69 mins played 0 goals*

Chorley - 90 mins played 0 goals

Dover - 90 mins played 2 goals. 

Bromley - 90 mins played 1 goal. 

*Officially an OG, however was very strongly Rodney assisted.

Liam yet to score for Stockport and has only got one 90 mins under his belt in the 4 games he has featured. On the flip, Rodney has 3 goals from 4 games, having played all but 21 mins of the time available. 

I wonder if Stockport still think they got the better deal?

Would anyone swap the two players back here? 

• Like 1

I wouldn't swap back now no because Rodney fits perfectly into our current system. Where as Mcalinden did not. We have got the better end of the deal. However both players might be playing elsewhere in 6 months time 

33 minutes ago, Jmc said:

See yellowboard for details lol 

Good luck with that. I tried earlier this evening but got stuck in the 90s. 

Any idea why McAlinden was pulled off so early today? 

I think McAlinden got taken off due to a change in formation due to a sending off

Messageboard for County complaining that Gannon played Rodney out wide and not up top

Whereas at first their message board. Thought they had got the best of the deal it is now almost unanimous that they prefer Rodney

Just now, Bill Atkins said:

I think McAlinden got taken off due to a change in formation due to a sending off

Messageboard for County complaining that Gannon played Rodney out wide and not up top

Whereas at first their message board. Thought they had got the best of the deal it is now almost unanimous that they prefer Rodney

But we didn't play McAlinden is his best position either. If Quigley can do a Quigley then McAlinden is capable of doing a Quigley too.

You have to feel for the Stockport fans. Four and a half thousand there today who were served up a home defeat and a crap post match message board. 

• Like 1

Just now, Che Bentos said:

You have to feel for the Stockport fans. 

Nah, sod that. The arrogance of their fans over our holding back Vardy's career as we wouldn't sell him to them for £25K makes me enjoy their struggles. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Wish we could get gates of four and a half thousand

Me too although I'd have to bring a flask. 

16 minutes ago, Flea said:

Nah, sod that. The arrogance of their fans over our holding back Vardy's career as we wouldn't sell him to them for £25K makes me enjoy their struggles. 

Played them away in the cup early 90'd after our demotion to non league and a couple of their uglies latched onto our group. We were being sound with them and it seemed like they were being sound with us. Little did we know they were trying to set us up and the landlord of the first pub of the day and coincidentally, them last pub told us the Stockport "lot" normally go on there around the time we were in.

They came in our home end on numerous occasions to start fighting and they tried it on with our fans s few times away.

Also, some of their uglies and bouncers absolutely battered some art students during their Christmas do. A few were knocked out, even girls.

I do however know a few people from Stockport who are absolutely sound. One is a Man City fan and the other couple aren't bothered about football.

But Stockport aren't a club that I have  any real good feeling towards. But they do have a decent following so I wouldn't begrudge them going up for that reason and that reason only.

35 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

You have to feel for the Stockport fans. Four and a half thousand there today who were served up a home defeat and a crap post match message board. 

Feel sorry for them?????????????????????????? Come on Che, lets not be having that kind of talk on here mate. Stuff em, bet they  didn't feel sorry for us on Boxing day. And I thought you were one of the saner ones who contributed to these threads?

• Like 1

That’s harsh , first half he got in some great positions and their keeper made some good saves. At times he had three defenders plus the conditions to contend with.

If he scores goals like he did today when having an off day then I for one am very happy.

Rodney suits our system much better. He's the better player too. Stockport didn't get the best out of him purely because they played him out of position

Just had a look thru the highlights of last 4 games on Vanarama site;  Rodney looked good in all games and had a good understanding with Redshaw - they will trouble all teams in Nat League;  a great signing and much better than McA.  - key is that he really enjoys playing at Town ;  but prob wont keep him unless we get promotion

2 hours ago, Bill Atkins said:

Wish we could get gates of four and a half thousand

Well maybe next season you might just see that ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Thought Rodney had a poor game today but he still delivered and earned his two week break

Correct. He was poor today but took his goal brilliantly and that’s what good strikers do. 

10 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

Feel sorry for them?????????????????????????? Come on Che, lets not be having that kind of talk on here mate. Stuff em, bet they  didn't feel sorry for us on Boxing day. And I thought you were one of the saner ones who contributed to these threads?

Whilst I haven't got a pair of pants on my head and two pencils up my nose, I'd even go as far as saying Stockport are responsible for reigniting our season. That defeat at Edgeley Park could be regarded at the end of the season as a watershed moment. Following that defeat, PW finally realised that TSS up top by himself wasn't working (despite us saying it for weeks) and we then went to three CBs. We haven't lost since. 

3 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

Whilst I haven't got a pair of pants on my head and two pencils up my nose, I'd even go as far as saying Stockport are responsible for reigniting our season. That defeat at Edgeley Park could be regarded at the end of the season as a watershed moment. Following that defeat, PW finally realised that TSS up top by himself wasn't working (despite us saying it for weeks) and we then went to three CBs. We haven't lost since. 

Yeah, we do look back even now as that defeat being the defining game that finally got us going again. But empathy with the enemy?? What would Lord Melchett say??

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

Yeah, we do look back even now as that defeat being the defining game that finally got us going again. But empathy with the enemy?? What would Lord Melchett say??

Baaaaa! 

• Haha 2