Sign in to follow this  
AGB

Halesowen

12 minutes ago, Twisted Wheel said:

PW is aware of Montel Gibson, one of their forwards.

Gone off the boil a bit recently. Scored shed loads earlier in the season but the goals are being really shared round now. Couple of really decent lads in midfield but I don't want to tip you off who just yet in case they get nullified!:lol:

14 minutes ago, Andy HTFC said:

Gone off the boil a bit recently. Scored shed loads earlier in the season but the goals are being really shared round now. Couple of really decent lads in midfield but I don't want to tip you off who just yet in case they get nullified!:lol:

Sounds like he's engineering a move up North Andy.

Surprised east stand only on sat , we tend to score most of our goals towards south stand so with only 3 games from Wembley I’d have thought we’d have used every advantage by opening it 

So we’re giving up an advantage 3 games from Wembley to save £3-400  ? 

****ing really 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jmc said:

So we’re giving up an advantage 3 games from Wembley to save £3-400  ? 

****ing really 

Then split the gate receipts etc and suddenly it's at a loss

6 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Then split the gate receipts etc and suddenly it's at a loss

If £300 is such a deal breaker 3 games from Wembley then I’m astounded 

8 minutes ago, wrighty130 said:

Unless I am missing something why does it cost so much? How much are these stewards getting paid for 3 hours work?

How many stewards do we need to open the South Stand - I would imagine 4 or 5? If we assume 5 then at £10 an hour, that's £150. Perhaps we have to pay additional to the council for the food stall to be opened, toilets to be cleaned etc.?

Once you chuck on a green team leader or two I can quite easily see how the budget gets blown.

22 minutes ago, greg45 said:

How many stewards do we need to open the South Stand - I would imagine 4 or 5? If we assume 5 then at £10 an hour, that's £150. Perhaps we have to pay additional to the council for the food stall to be opened, toilets to be cleaned etc.?

Once you chuck on a green team leader or two I can quite easily see how the budget gets blown.

Add on 20% VAT as well

Some on here wonder why fans don't take this competition seriously , well it seems the club don't either , generating an intimidating atmosphere is hard enough with half the ground empty , 3 quarters is impossible .

I agree with the decision in earlier rounds but it is getting interesting now , quarter final place up for grabs .

• Like 2

The crowd against halesowen in round3  could well be  400 bigger than  the next round if we played ebbsfleet , we should have 2 sides open to create an atmosphere  , the decision could put a few off

• Like 1

Rule 23 of the FA Trophy states:

Gatemen, stewards and turnstile operators
The gross cost plus employer’s national insurance in employing gatemen, stewards and turnstile operators for the match may be deducted from match receipts. Where the actual gross and employers national insurance is not known at the date by which the Statement of Receipts and Payments must be submitted then a reasonable estimate should be included as a deduction. Where a club contracts gatemen, stewards and turnstile operators the charge to the club (net of VAT) is to be deducted

Therefore the costs of providing stewards for the South Stand is met from the shared gate receipts, so additional costs for Halifax are approx. half of what has been suggested. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

Rule 23 of the FA Trophy states:

Gatemen, stewards and turnstile operators
The gross cost plus employer’s national insurance in employing gatemen, stewards and turnstile operators for the match may be deducted from match receipts. Where the actual gross and employers national insurance is not known at the date by which the Statement of Receipts and Payments must be submitted then a reasonable estimate should be included as a deduction. Where a club contracts gatemen, stewards and turnstile operators the charge to the club (net of VAT) is to be deducted

Therefore the costs of providing stewards for the South Stand is met from the shared gate receipts, so additional costs for Halifax are approx. half of what has been suggested. 

why don't we employ the players as gatemen (on the morning shift)  for cup matches then we could deduct their wages off!

21 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I know some people who won't come to a game when the South Stand isn't open. I'm not convinced it is a big money saver and certainly affects the atmosphere.

I wonder what research the club have done into this.

What type of people are these? I'm getting really worried if people won't attend just because their usual stand isn't open. They definitely wouldn't have liked the 80s when we were kicked into the away end for the likes of Burnley and Sheff U. Effectively a home match for them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

It's my understanding the halesowen fans are organising a minutes applause for jordan sinnott on 25 minutes when they play us. A nice touch by there supporters.

Yes there’s something on the Yeltz forum about that.