Sign in to follow this  
AGB

Halesowen

22 minutes ago, rdj said:

As only 771 home fans turned up to watch Solihull last year and only 641 home fans to watch Wrexham this season then it would be ambitious to reckon we can attract  a four figure home support on saturday.  Be good if we could.

Yeah, but that was against Solihull when we weren’t playing good, attractive football... we’re getting into the latter stages, playing good football, going well in the league, against a team people will be expecting us to beat comfortably (personally I think it will be quite a tight game but we’ll come out on top). I can see a few more turning up. I’d have though Halesowen will bring more away fans than our last few home games combined.

Yeah should be a great following which certainly helps plus we are flying, the pricings good and a chance of being in the QFs

On 2/2/2020 at 9:47 AM, Nick said:

Most team in the playoffs spots are still in the cup 

so our league position won’t change too much 

FDB27ADC-C22D-423D-8E13-5D0620D93D9C.jpeg

You would have to be fair and say that that is a very strong  group of teams. assuming that all the "Top" teams win their respective games then out of those that would be left in you would hope we draw Fylde or either Aveley or Chelmsford from the lower league. As for the rest, they wont fancy drawing us any more than we fancy drawing them. It's gonna be tough once we've dispatched Halesowen!!

26 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

You would have to be fair and say that that is a very strong  group of teams. assuming that all the "Top" teams win their respective games then out of those that would be left in you would hope we draw Fylde or either Aveley or Chelmsford from the lower league. As for the rest, they wont fancy drawing us any more than we fancy drawing them. It's gonna be tough once we've dispatched Halesowen!!

Are Fylde attempting to match our feat of winning the trophy while being relegated  ??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, archietaylor7 said:

Don't forget there is also Concord v leamington

2 hours ago, kmssteve said:

Don't forget there is also Concord v leamington

Didn't realise that mate, but we would also throw them into a possible next round tie. The ones we want to avoid are the very obvious ones.

6 hours ago, rdj said:

As only 771 home fans turned up to watch Solihull last year and only 641 home fans to watch Wrexham this season then it would be ambitious to reckon we can attract  a four figure home support on saturday.  Be good if we could.

It's a cheaper entrance fee than normal and we've won five in a row. When you look back to Solihull and prior to the Wrexham game we were in a bad run. With this in mind I think it'll be a much bigger attendance on Saturday.

On 2/2/2020 at 4:30 PM, Steve Lanzarote said:

No idea who de Costa is he has been on there for a while, believe the ruling for cup games is 2 yellow = 1 game suspension. The FA site has not been kept upto date this season for some reason. Jeff is banned for 2 League games but believe he can play in cup.

Gary DeCosta is one of the Youth Team/Academy/College (whatever you want the call the lads that always play in the WRCC). No idea how he can listed as banned? 

2 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Wonder what people's thoughts would be if a key player gets injured this coming Saturday? 

Sh!t happens . Bromley were intent on causing serious injuries, are you implying that Halesowen are a bunch of thugs coming to The Shay to kicks lumps out of us ?

2 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Wonder what people's thoughts would be if a key player gets injured this coming Saturday? 

Players manage to injure themselves in training & pre match warmups, part of the game.

Edited by Roy Race
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

It's a cheaper entrance fee than normal and we've won five in a row. When you look back to Solihull and prior to the Wrexham game we were in a bad run. With this in mind I think it'll be a much bigger attendance on Saturday.

Plus no games this week means if you need your football fix this is it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

It happens and you deal with it and crack on. A key player could get injured in training 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dj funky said:

Only four more sleeps Andy.

:D:D:D

To be honest though, i'd happily swap Saturday for 3 points at Daventry on Tuesday. Promotion is everything this season.

22 minutes ago, Andy HTFC said:

:D:D:D

To be honest though, i'd happily swap Saturday for 3 points at Daventry on Tuesday. Promotion is everything this season.

And I’m sure everyone on here both before and after our game wishes nothing but promotion to you guys.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ash said:

And I’m sure everyone on here both before and after our game wishes nothing but promotion to you guys.

Unanimmmmmoooouuusss.:D

• Like 1

Proper football fans you lot, that don't wish plagues of locusts and rats on teams they've barely heard of. I think sometimes you have to have been through the hard times our 2 clubs have to appreciate what it's all about.

Class. Thank you.

Edited by Andy HTFC
  • Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 3:12 PM, archietaylor7 said:

Didn't realise that mate, but we would also throw them into a possible next round tie. The ones we want to avoid are the very obvious ones.

We havnt won yet ,Ithink it will be a hard match as long as we arnt too complacent

1 hour ago, Janis said:

We havnt won yet ,Ithink it will be a hard match as long as we arnt too complacent

That's why I put "possible" in there Janis. I take nothing for granted, this will be a tough game, Halesowen aren't coming here to lose. But I believe they are in the same boat as us with one eye fixed firmly on a promotion push. And I also remember a certain little yellow card collecting Matty Kosylo running us ragged in our cup winning season. Nothing for granted.