Sign in to follow this  
AGB

Halesowen

At least we have no midweek game ahead of the Trophy tie. It's decided on the day so no replay to think about, leaving another clear week to prepare for Sutton Utd.

Just now, davidhx6 said:

At least we have no midweek game ahead of the Trophy tie. It's decided on the day so no replay to think about, leaving another clear week to prepare for Sutton Utd.

Is there no replay. Is that a fact? 

Woukd be good to see a 2000 gate

1500 from us and 500 from them 

here’s hoping 

• Like 1

I cannot see an on the FA website suggesting that Maher is suspended. The only suspensions shown are Jeff King and Gary de Costa (is he a junior?). Nothing shown for FA Trophy.

32 minutes ago, andrich said:

I cannot see an on the FA website suggesting that Maher is suspended. The only suspensions shown are Jeff King and Gary de Costa (is he a junior?). Nothing shown for FA Trophy.

No idea who de Costa is he has been on there for a while, believe the ruling for cup games is 2 yellow = 1 game suspension. The FA site has not been kept upto date this season for some reason. Jeff is banned for 2 League games but believe he can play in cup.

4 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Are you available during a ban period or is he effectively banned for 3 games ?

Who?

I have just read through the rules for FA trophy no mention of yellow or read cards but on FA site it mentions other cup game as 2 yellows= 1 game ban but strangely states that if a game is drawn the replay has to be played by the following Thurs. On the tv when the draw was made they stated games had to be played to a conclusion on the day. So hey ho anybodies guess.

1 hour ago, andrich said:

I think he was in the pop group Blue.

3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Who?

I have just read through the rules for FA trophy no mention of yellow or read cards but on FA site it mentions other cup game as 2 yellows= 1 game ban but strangely states that if a game is drawn the replay has to be played by the following Thurs. On the tv when the draw was made they stated games had to be played to a conclusion on the day. So hey ho anybodies guess.

Jeff King of course . This Cup / League separation of bookings is so confusing that even the FA don't know what they're doing

4 hours ago, andrich said:

De Costa is probably a Wolves bench player.

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Jeff King of course . This Cup / League separation of bookings is so confusing that even the FA don't know what they're doing

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

He can play in the cup.

The FA website has a little box which says other competitions if you click on it then on FA trophy it shows Naill and some guy from Barnet are suspended for FA Trophy games only on the *th February 2020

Looking forward to next Saturday as are all of the Yeltz faithful. Arguably our biggest game in years after some really tough times where we've almost folded. It's almost immaterial to us what the outcome of the game but we'll be there to make some noise in support of our boys in what is our TWELFTH FA Trophy game of the season. If you do go on to win this trophy then we can probably say we've won more games in the competition than you this season.

Hopefully The Shay will have a good crowd as our lads deserve to play in a great stadium in front of a big crowd.  

• Like 3

Surely, the £6k prize money for winning the game is a good enough incentive, nevermind the increased crowd numbers,  overall confidence for the team and fans, as well as keeping the winning momentum going? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

Surely, the £6k prize money for winning the game is a good enough incentive, nevermind the increased crowd numbers,  overall confidence for the team and fans, as well as keeping the winning momentum going? 

Yep. PW will pick a side to win the game and will also want to progress.

More money in the coffers is more money for him to spend on the squad for both this season and next.

11 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I can see this attracting a crowd around the 1800 mark.

1350 Town and the rest from Halesowen. I hope it's more and the crowd is over 2000.

As only 771 home fans turned up to watch Solihull last year and only 641 home fans to watch Wrexham this season then it would be ambitious to reckon we can attract  a four figure home support on saturday.  Be good if we could.

• Like 1