Sign in to follow this  
AGB

Halesowen

Its not a game Town can take lightly. We are potentially 3 games from Wembley. When did we ever in our widest dreams think we would ever see Town at Wembley once let alone possibly twice. We are going great guns in the league, but all the really good teams can handle both competitions and with the strength & depth in the squad at the moment I really think we can go all the way.

Halesowen will be no pushover and the pressure will be on us. They've already beaten 3 clubs from higher leagues. I just want to go back to Wembley this season, hopefully twice if necessary.

• Like 1

Halesowen look a decent set up too.
Watched some of their stuff on Youtube. Great following for their league.

These games are like their cup finals. Just need to make sure we end that.

Should make a few changes. Rest Redshaw,staunton,cam king. Rodney is cup tied. Let brown have another weekend off. Maybe even give josh mac a run out. Its not putting out a weak team at all its just resting a few key players and our team should definitely still be strong enough to end their cup run 

• Thanks 1

Johnson

Duckworth Clarke Binom-Williams

MacDonald Nolan Cooper Williams

King

Sho-Silva Allen

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ash said:

Johnson

Duckworth Clarke Binom-Williams

MacDonald Nolan Cooper Williams

King

Sho-Silva Allen

Interested to hear why you would change formation when we are unbeaten in 8 playing 5-3-2?

Need a full strength team out. Take it serious. Totally disrespectful to Halesowen by suggesting that team would win.

Got a week to prepare and a week afterwards. 

• Like 2

Just now, shaymenRup said:

Need a full strength team out. Take it serious. Totally disrespectful to Halesowen by suggesting that team would win.

How is it disrespectful? We have a good squad not just a good 11. If we cant make a few changes and beat them then thats not a good sign of our strength in depth 

3 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Maher is potentially banned Rodney is cup tied so it's only Brown J.Ķing and Redshaw missing 

27 minutes ago, Granty said:

Interested to hear why you would change formation when we are unbeaten in 8 playing 5-3-2?

That is the same formation

18 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Play our best team or we will lose...they are a good team on a good run ...they could bring  around 400 too.

Exactly. How many teams have failed in other competitions by playing weakened sides.

Staunton is key, Redshaw should replace Rodney. 

If the game goes to plan rest them during the game using subs.

25 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

How is it disrespectful? We have a good squad not just a good 11. If we cant make a few changes and beat them then thats not a good sign of our strength in depth 

What is the point in having a squad if you're not going to use them? I'd rotate a little to keep things fresh, but not too much. I'm assuming J King is available as his suspension was only for the league, and is now over, Brown will hopefully not be out too much longer, but I'd probably rest him even if he is available just to give him an extra week of recuperation. Rodney not available, so TSS starts, give Redshaw a rest too so Allen gets the start. Nolan in for Cooper, I think he's done enough to have a go in the starting XI.

Johnson

J King - Maher - Clarke - JBW - Williams

Staunton - Nolan

C King

TSS - Allen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riccardo259 said:

What is the point in having a squad if you're not going to use them? I'd rotate a little to keep things fresh, but not too much. I'm assuming J King is available as his suspension was only for the league, and is now over, Brown will hopefully not be out too much longer, but I'd probably rest him even if he is available just to give him an extra week of recuperation. Rodney not available, so TSS starts, give Redshaw a rest too so Allen gets the start. Nolan in for Cooper, I think he's done enough to have a go in the starting XI.

Johnson

Staunton - Nolan

C King

TSS - Allen

The problem with playing the squad players is if they do well then you are then inclined to keep them in, hense Allen starting today after his 2 good bench performances this week, the problem is if Tobi comes in and bangs in a couple do you then just shove him straight back on the bench. Wheres the reward for a performance. 

We have found the right team and I think we should be trying to keep as much momentum as possible. So its Allen and Redshaw for me. 

Maybe rest Cam though and move Cooper further up. We have to try and see if we have another number 10 in the squad just incase. 

A week between games for a few weeks now I'm not sure players really need testing when the games are a week apart 

I’m not for making changes. Stick with the same team that’s won us the last 3games. Momentum is everything. Cmon Shaymennnn

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Johnson 

Ducky  Maher Clarke JBW Williams 

Cooper Staunton 

King 

Redshaw Allen 

Dont rest players. We have a great chance 

Believe Maher banned 2 yellow previous rounds.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

10 hours ago, riccardo259 said:

Johnson

Staunton - Nolan

C King

TSS - Allen

Kicked out of the comp for fielding that team I believe.Maher yellows-Wrexham-Torquay.

Play the strongest team we can 

winning is a habit let’s try to keep that habit.. 

losing would be bad for morale .. we need to win all the games we can from now to the end of the season .. let’s stay unbeaten in 2020 ...it can be done 

nick 

• Like 1

Need to keep a strong team. Why change it? 

They have a week to recover and we have another great chance of getting to Wembley. No point in ruining momentum and ruining our chances of Wembley again. 

• Like 2

Most team in the playoffs spots are still in the cup 

so our league position won’t change too much 

FDB27ADC-C22D-423D-8E13-5D0620D93D9C.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Andy HTFC said:

Personally I hope you put out a reserve team! We are certainly lifting ourselves for big games with some big performances but in our bread and butter games of late we're looking a bit leggy. We're already on 40+ games. We're still winning them though and that keeps up the momentum. I genuinely believe that this will be a step too far though and just hope we don't get a drubbing. We can't afford to have our confidence knocked as like yourselves we desperately want promotion. It is nice though that you are all taking us seriously and I hope we put in a performance to justify that. Whatever it'll be a good day out for us and win or lose we'll enjoy it.

From the managers comments on the official website you may be disappointed, sounds like he is committed to put out his best team, in my opinion this is the way to go, progress in the FAT although not essential keeps the show on the road & shows respect to Halesowen & the competition.