Bromley at home

7 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Only bloody just. 

Doesnt matter. Key is 3 points. Look at yeovil drawing with chorley. Just need to keep plugging away. Nolan in to give staunton a rest next week. Wouldnt rush brown back either. Give cam king a rest. Give tobi a run out up top. The whole squad will be used over the remainder of the season and the longer we can keep key players like Rodney,King, Redshaw 100% fit the better for us. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow...their # 7 was a seriously good player.  When he took the high ball down with a deft touch, he even got a clap from the Town fans .  Get him signed up quick !!

The defence held up again without Brown, barring one brain freeze Clarke led with confidence, Maher had his best game for weeks & a special mention to Danny Williams, had by doubts to his purpose

Doesnt matter. Key is 3 points. Look at yeovil drawing with chorley. Just need to keep plugging away. Nolan in to give staunton a rest next week. Wouldnt rush brown back either. Give cam king a rest.

Posted Images

A wins a win. Onwards and upwards. 

Johnson getting a bit of stick for their goal but Cooper should never have given that free kick away in the 1st place. Seconds to go to half time. They were going across field.  Don't get me wrong I like Cooper he works hard and gets stuck in but a bit more thought and dicipline in that situation and there's no set piece to defend. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, thetalktrainer said:

Crying out for an old head midfield man...especially when the opposition are reduced to ten. (Appreciate they don’t come cheap)
Josh not at his best today and even he played far too  deep when playing against 10.

Full credit to the lads for hanging on though.

Second atrocious Referee in the space of a week.

Yes, the ref liked the sound of his own whistle. Our midfield had a collective off day today. Bromley reorganised into 4-4-1 following the sending off and showed more purpose than us when going forward in the second half. You could say they were chasing the game but we defended too deep and let them come to us. 

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Yup superstition is a strange thing.:wacko:

I wonder how much of it is just superstition/mentality, probably most of it to be honest. Although, I can see that it might well lift the team when tiring in the second half to be playing towards the home fans in the South stand rather than an empty North stand.

4 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Worth noting as well, we were playing to the North stand second half rather than the South stand - we always seem to play worse when doing it that way around.

We get turned around very rarely though. Surprised more teams don't do it to us. We cant be winning 90% of coin toses

1 minute ago, riccardo259 said:

I wonder how much of it is just superstition/mentality, probably most of it to be honest. Although, I can see that it might well lift the team when tiring in the second half to be playing towards the home fans in the South stand rather than an empty North stand.

We strangley have played better second half when playing to the south. Good job we played well first half.

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

We get turned around very rarely though. Surprised more teams don't do it to us. We cant be winning 90% of coin toses

Yeah, same here, although we don't really do it to the opposition either. I'm surprised teams don't do it more often in general, not just with us but across the whole game. It's just something small that can unsettle your opposition so why wouldn't you try it?

Bromley are a horrible niggly side. The foot in the backs of players, pushing off the ball, play acting, deliberate fouls to slow the play down etc... They have it all nailed down to a T.

Again against 10 men I felt we struggled and that second half was not comfortable to watch. The ref was simply shocking, so to get through it and get all the points is brilliant. 

More bothered about the gap between us and 8th at the moment rather than what Barrow are doing. Lets just focus on trying to secure a playoff spot and take it from there. We are on red hot form at the moment, however a couple of bad results and we are out of the playoffs. Lets just chip away game by game and hopefully soon the "worst case" scenario is a playoff spot. Then if we get that lets focus on a top 3 so we can hopefully get a Semi Final home game... 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

Very disappointed with the atmosphere today. SJ was also to blame for a very soft goal again. However, Nolan looked really good and we found a way to win despite the ref struggling. I hope we can get Brown back for the next league game. 

We have 2 week now to get him fit, he should be rested next Sat.

• Like 1

Didn’t play bad 1st half. Probably deserved the 2 goal lead with the chances we had.

Conceded a soft goal after Cooper had to foul the guy when JBW shirked a tackle and big Sam stood “Glennon” like from a decent ball in.

2nd half utterly atrocious. We made them look like they had 12 men and not 10. They controlled the midfield easily and pressurised is at will. Luckily we defended the box well and they hardly had a sight of goal.

Must be better but if you play crap and still win you are going to up up there at the end of the season. I still think we’ll finish 2nd or 3rd but Barrow are due a wobble so you never know.

Edited by Juryeff
  • Like 1

Accrington scout there today sat behind me.  I joked that he could take nolon back at half time. 

At the end he said “yes please” !

As I said to mates, I don’t think the 4, 2, 3, 1 formation and not holding the ball up top, helped any of our midfielders. 

Sitting in the middle of a 3 looks to suit him, very composed. 

50 minutes ago, stainlandblue said:

A wins a win. Onwards and upwards. 

Johnson getting a bit of stick for their goal but Cooper should never have given that free kick away in the 1st place. Seconds to go to half time. They were going across field.  Don't get me wrong I like Cooper he works hard and gets stuck in but a bit more thought and dicipline in that situation and there's no set piece to defend. 

To be fair a large part of their game plan was to play for free kicks in our half, Cheek especially conned the ref regularly across the field in dangerous positions. Cooper should have been smarter but Cheek was going down long  before he was touched.

• Like 2

After the way we capitulated in the away game Bromley were always going to look to set pieces today. Fortunately, other than their goal, we just about did enough and held on for a deserved win. 

This side is the best we have seen at the Shay in a few years and deserves our backing - the moaning every time a pass goes slightly wrong does nothing whatsoever to help the lads. The way we are going a playoff spot should be more than achievable, and if we get that, who knows what could happen? 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Greggs said:

We don’t , the opposition may want to take the ko or they may want to play towards. North stand in 2nd half towards their fans 

2 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Next 5 league games - Sutton (H), Torquay (A), Eastleigh (A), Woking (H) and Ebbsfleet (H). All very much winnable, if we can be getting 12/13 points from them we’ll be in a great position.

Start with Sutton and try and beat them. One game at a time.

The team's we play in five or six games time could gain or lose form by then so it's very difficult to say. I suppose we could also lose our form but we now have players that can put the ball in the net and that makes a huge difference and was the difference today, so we should hopefully keep our form, as long we don't have any key injuries.

But, looking at that list, Torquay away is definitely winnable especially seeing as we've already won there and Dave can play against them. Woking is the one I'm thinking could be a toughy. We have come a cropper against them in the past. Eastleigh away won't be easy but I fancy Town against anyone at home.

2 hours ago, riccardo259 said:

Next 5 league games - Sutton (H), Torquay (A), Eastleigh (A), Woking (H) and Ebbsfleet (H). All very much winnable, if we can be getting 12/13 points from them we’ll be in a great position.

Beat Sutton, Draw Torquay, Draw Eastleigh,  Draw Woking and beat Ebsfleet is what I think will happen.

However if we got 10 points from them that would be a good return 

Edited by TJAshton

Of our 13 games remaining, 9 teams are currently in the bottom 12.

Admittedly we have Barrow, but the pressure will be on them and they have a number of difficult games including Dover away on a Tuesday which has to be up there as the longest journey bat Hartlepool to Dover ?

1 hour ago, LF. said:

After the way we capitulated in the away game Bromley were always going to look to set pieces today. Fortunately, other than their goal, we just about did enough and held on for a deserved win. 

This side is the best we have seen at the Shay in a few years and deserves our backing - the moaning every time a pass goes slightly wrong does nothing whatsoever to help the lads. The way we are going a playoff spot should be more than achievable, and if we get that, who knows what could happen? 

Yeah! It’s extraordinary what a good position we’re now in for putting together some good wins. None of them have been gifted to us, and it took a while to get the better of each side since the new year (or we’ve had to do a lot to hold on). 

It leaves us with a good and evenly spread lost of fixtures in the run-in, and I can’t believe we’re nearly 3/4 done with this season at the start of February. It also gives us space to go at the FA Trophy in the meantime, without being too overwhelmed. While we go about it, I’m sure our rivals will be playing one another more than we have to worry about them.

Flipside is that teams all the way down this league pull of interesting wins, hence how tight it is. Eastleigh away or Sutton at home aren’t as easy as they look.