Sign in to follow this  
shaymen_x

Bromley at home

Great result today don’t know what happened 2nd half as were terrible but 3 points is all that matters. Good thing is we are 8 points clear of Solihull. 

Chorley drawing at Yeovil .. there are no easy games 

Chorley drawing at Yeovil ..
maidenhead winning at a Solihull 

there are no easy games !!! 

Thought Nolan did well when he came on. Just need Brown in for Binnom as he just looks so nervous all time and I worry everytime the ball goes near him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nick said:

Chorley drawing at Yeovil ..
maidenhead winning at a Solihull 

there are no easy games !!! 

Puts our recent wins against Maidenhead and Chorley into an even better light!

3 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Puts our recent wins against Maidenhead and Chorley into an even better light!

Exactly .. there will be good wins and disappointing results  along the way 

we don’t have any right to win along the way .. all games will be tough games and all games will be important !!! 

Sign of a good side of you don't play at your best but still win.

I wonder if PW will start with TSS on Saturday in the cup?

League and cup double dream is still on. 

No pressure.

Edited by Erik Everhard

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

Signnof a good side of you don't play at your best but still win.

I wonder if PW will start with TSS on Saturday in the cup?

League and cup double dream is still on. 

No pressure.

I would play Tobi and Allen up top Saturday. Give nolan a game aswel. We need a match fit squad for our league games. Give Rodney and Redshaw a rest as last thing we want is 1 of them getting a injury

• Like 2

On balance we deserved the win. There keeper made 2 cracking saves 1st half and C King hit the post. Disappointing to concede a poor goal on the stroke of half time and it was a struggle 2nd half... but 3 more points and its “Sweet Caroline”  again 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

I would play Tobi and Allen up top Saturday. Give nolan a game aswel. We need a match fit squad for our league games. Give Rodney and Redshaw a rest as last thing we want is 1 of them getting a injury

Not a bad shout although Dave is definitely out because he's cup tied.

See how they go and then bring Jack on second half.

Should be a decent game and our opponents will definitely be up for it.

Great first half but looked clueless in the second. We defended too deep and I still don't agree about leaving no men up front for defending corners, especially when their keeper comes up for them!

Maybe it's just me but Sam Johnson makes me nervous every time the ball goes near him. He's a well-built 6' 7" and should be more dominant in his own box than what he is. And if he could have stayed on his feet catching the ball from the corner in the dying minutes, he could have set up a chance past their keeper in our box. Or maybe not as we didn't leave any players up front! 

Great finish by Rodney. We had 70% of possession first half against 11 men. Ironically, Bromley saw much more of the ball in the second when playing with 10. 

Edited by Che Bentos

It was all about the three points. Job done. But, why do our tactics always have us struggling against 10 men? We played some good stuff first half and deservedly went 2-0 up. We then showed our weakness against set pieces which needs sorting as other teams now see that as the best way to attack us. Second half arrives and we expect to score two or three against 10 men, but we created next to nothing and were given the runaround and limped over the line. Yes, great three points but we do make it hard for ourselves.

Because people expect a walkover after a team go down to 10.

We’ve taken 3 points against 10 men on more than one occasion now so let’s stop saying we can’t beat 10 men when we clearly can.

A game of two halves.. there number 7 was brilliant 2nd half..

We hung on for 3pts..

The Team deserves more than 1900 attendance..

The nerves had the South stand silent till the last 5mins.. PWs Barry army.. 

34 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Thought Nolan did well when he came on. Just need Brown in for Binnom as he just looks so nervous all time and I worry everytime the ball goes near him. 

Felt more nervous in this match every time the ball went to Staunts, JBW doing a damn good job in an unfamiliar position, won the majority of his headers with decent passes out of defence.

Conditions today were difficult with a swirling wind. Second half with the wind was a lot harder. Thought Nolan was outstanding when he came on and made a big impact in midfield. Demonstrated our fantastic strength in depth particularly with Redshaw also on the bench.

Very good first half with Daves goal a treat.

11 minutes ago, Ash said:

Because people expect a walkover after a team go down to 10.

We’ve taken 3 points against 10 men on more than one occasion now so let’s stop saying we can’t beat 10 men when we clearly can.

Only bloody just.