Jump to content
Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
Jmc

Rodney & King c

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Have to be offered contracts ASAP imo granted Rodneys wages may be a bit high but still only 21 and will command decent fee in the future , that’s if the club are serious about progression 

If we want to be succesful we have to have players like Rodney, Redshaw, King, Brown and build the team around them,  adding quality where we can. I think we've a brilliant squad though, had some good players in the past but cant remember when we last had strength on the bench with players like Allen,Duckworth,tobi plus matty brown still to come back

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Have to be offered contracts ASAP imo granted Rodneys wages may be a bit high but still only 21 and will command decent fee in the future , that’s if the club are serious about progression 

Do we know they haven't? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely no hesitation in getting them signed on a decent contract. 

My worry is Kings Lynn could tempt Cam back down Norfolk if we don't act swiftly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, percy shaw said:

Absolutely no hesitation in getting them signed on a decent contract. 

My worry is Kings Lynn could tempt Cam back down Norfolk if we don't act swiftly. 

My worries as well about cam king. I’m hoping they stumble and York win league.
 

Football brain wise, King is easily league 1 standard for me, just needs to become a bit stronger physically and get a good run of games into him and the sky’s the limit for him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

King improved last night as the game opened up when Allen came on. Was quite ineffective up to that period. He needs to learn how to influence games when its not going his teams way. Very very good footballer mind, who I would like to think the club are working to get him signed up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to keep hold of them if possible, will be made a lot easier if we get promoted... King will be ‘in our hands‘ so to speak, but with Rodney being on loan from Salford there’s not much we can do at this stage. Am I right in thinking his contract with them expires at the end of the season? Even so, you’re not allowed to offer a contract to a player until he’s in the final month of his contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't disagree with the sentiment, would be good to have the big players in the current side signed up for another couple of years, but that might be put on the back burner while we're in the playoffs.

This league is generally won by a side who are big, strong and hardworking. 3 or 4 players of genuine quality backed up by 7 or 8 solid grafters who are generally 6 foot plus, League 2 would require a little more than that if we'd hope to not just be scrapping for our lives all season.
If we were to sneak up in the playoffs we'd have a whole new group of players who would be available to us, not to mention a much improved budget. I'd be surprised if player recruitment, commercial deals and season tickets etc aren't going to be a bit up in the air due to our unexpectedly good league position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

Out of interest, what crowd would people realistically expect in a first season in League Two? 

I think we would average 2800.

Got to think even the smallest clubs in league 2 would probably bring 100 plus to the shay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

Out of interest, what crowd would people realistically expect in a first season in League Two? 

Stating the obvious I know but very much results dependent. 3000+ if doing well, same as this year if near the bottom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Certainly more than Macclesfield and Accrington 

After last night you can add Forest Gumpers to that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crowds will depend on the admission cost. Last night we had 1700. Without the season ticket offer it would have been 1100 on a cold Tues night. If it’s £25 for league football and £350 for a season ticket expect around 1,000 home fans. With a £199 season ticket 2,500 plus away support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 3:59 PM, Redcard said:

Crowds will depend on the admission cost. Last night we had 1700. Without the season ticket offer it would have been 1100 on a cold Tues night. If it’s £25 for league football and £350 for a season ticket expect around 1,000 home fans. With a £199 season ticket 2,500 plus away support.

I think we only had around 1200 in the ground on Tuesday. I am sure season tickets were added to the gate on Tuesday regardless of actual attendees. Looking round it looked that way anyway, despite there being a good atmosphere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shaymen_x said:

I think we only had around 1200 in the ground on Tuesday. I am sure season tickets were added to the gate on Tuesday regardless of actual attendees. Looking round it looked that way anyway, despite there being a good atmosphere. 

I thought season ticket holders were added to the attendance, whether they attend or not? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My point was that we only actually had 1200 in the ground on Tuesday and it probably would have been the same regardless of the season ticket offer or not. 

Edited by shaymen_x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodney is not our player to offer a contract too 

he is a Salford player on loan to us .. they have the first right .. I suspect they want to keep him ..one for the future 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 1:03 PM, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

Out of interest, what crowd would people realistically expect in a first season in League Two? 

About the same as now around the 2000 mark 

can’t budget on any more .. the difference is the ? Million you get as a share of the TV money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nick said:

Rodney is not our player to offer a contract too 

he is a Salford player on loan to us .. they have the first right .. I suspect they want to keep him ..one for the future 

 

If he is out of contract in the summer we can offer him a contract. With Salford signing Championship players and Scottish Premiership players I suspect Rodney is way off their first team plans. 

Edited by Papa Lazarou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...