TJAshton

Dover Game

7 hours ago, percy shaw said:

Cam King is unreal. 

On the topic of Cam King

we would be far better finishing 2nd/3rd so he has rest time between games instead of the other play off spots where you play about 20 games in four days

in fact finish top then an early holiday 

• Like 1

Has anyone got any video of last night's game? Currently nothing on BT, Vanarama, YouTube. I has hoping that Flea might have something. I had a lot of work on last night so I couldn't attend (well I could but I would have been working past 12 when I got home!). 

7 hours ago, percy shaw said:

Cam King is unreal. 

I'd be hoping we are already in the process of offering him and a couple of others new deals. Get in before the end of the season. 

All going about how fast Rodney & Allen are but believe it or not they are not the fastest in this team, Cooper is by yards.

Being saying for ages we have not seen the best of Allen. Redshaw-C. King-Allen -Rodney in the team and not 1 team in this league could hold them.

Have to say J. King sounded to have his best game yet but unfortunately the standard booking.

49 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Has anyone got any video of last night's game? Currently nothing on BT, Vanarama, YouTube. I has hoping that Flea might have something. I had a lot of work on last night so I couldn't attend (well I could but I would have been working past 12 when I got home!). 

Some on Facebook, FC Halifax Town

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Che Bentos said:

We had 50% possession last night. Staunton was Courier's MOTM again. With our three centre backs and Allen's great performance, is there a case for him starting Saturday with just Staunton as a defensive midfielder? Or is that crazy talk? 

Leave him where he is

What a perfect day. Many reasons to smile. Fourth in the league! That's a proper play-off place', not like your lousy 6th and 7th place token play-offs! Only Borehamwood with a game in hand to go above us on goal difference. Into the last 16 of the FA Trophy. We are on the ascendancy and still with clear room for improvement. It bears repeating, but this really wasn't where we expected to be at the start of the season. I'm just waiting to see what could possibly go wrong from here. 

• Like 2

I don’t understand the constant having a go at J King for his bookings. That’s the type of player he is - he generally isn’t getting them for petulance,  but for fouls. Some very successful players have made a living out of being combative, getting stuck in, and have picked up hundreds of bookings. Roy Keane, Gareth Barry, Lee Cattermole, etc.

Tell him to stop getting booked and you completely lose his game.

1 minute ago, greg45 said:

I don’t understand the constant having a go at J King for his bookings. That’s the type of player he is - he generally isn’t getting them for petulance,  but for fouls. Some very successful players have made a living out of being combative, getting stuck in, and have picked up hundreds of bookings. Roy Keane, Gareth Barry, Lee Cattermole, etc.

Most of his bookings are actually for petulance with the ref.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greg45 said:

You can’t of seen many of his bookings, last nights I thought was a tad harsh, but they have generally all been for petulant things, he was booked at Chorley for knocking the ball out of the throwers hand and booked against Maidenhead for gobbling off at the ref after their goal from a free kick that he gave away. 

Excellent win last night, Dover simply couldn’t handle the pace of our forward line and I have no doubt before new year that game would of been One we ended up losing. 

Plenty of Twist and turns left in the season but as long as keep within touching distance of these play offs then it will purely down to us, Big game Saturday the away game at Bromley still rankles with me a bit, real sense of big time Charlies at Bromley when we was left in the Pissing down rain to watch  our team capitulate. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wrighty130 said:

You can’t of seen many of his bookings, last nights I thought was a tad harsh, but they have generally all been for petulant things, he was booked at Chorley for knocking the ball out of the throwers hand and booked against Maidenhead for gobbling off at the ref after their goal from a free kick that he gave away. 

Fair enough - I did see someone say that what he did against Chorley was very cleverly done in order to stop an attack on the break.

Lets see if Kings booking costs him an assured starting place.  Once Ducky gets back in he will not relinquish the shirt.

Duckworth in for J King on Saturday and Brown in for Binnom.

Binnom is not match fit at all.

I'd even be tempted to play Allen from the start in place of Redshaw maybe if the knock he got in the 1st half last night keeps him out.

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

All going about how fast Rodney & Allen are but believe it or not they are not the fastest in this team, Cooper is by yards.

Being saying for ages we have not seen the best of Allen. Redshaw-C. King-Allen -Rodney in the team and not 1 team in this league could hold them.

Have to say J. King sounded to have his best game yet but unfortunately the standard booking.

That must be running sideways not forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

After watching highlights, Dovers 3rd goal should have stood. Never a foul in a million years and Johnston got out jumped.

Agreed, would be fuming if that had gone against us.

33 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

After watching highlights, Dovers 3rd goal should have stood. Never a foul in a million years and Johnston got out jumped.

It evened itself out when Allen was cropped whilst trough on goal. And the linesman by the skircoat shed was useless. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

My thoughts exactly, Johnson at fault. Goalkeepers get way to much protection from Refs. When going for a 50/50 ball with a striker they have the advantage of there arms, knees and anything else they choose to use? Johnson needed to be stronger, the lad just out muscled him. And defo a penalty for Allen, I think the Ref was just evening it up.

1 hour ago, FCHT1993 said:

Duckworth in for J King on Saturday and Brown in for Binnom.

Binnom is not match fit at all.

I'd even be tempted to play Allen from the start in place of Redshaw maybe if the knock he got in the 1st half last night keeps him out.

If all of last nights players are fit to start on Saturday then stick with the winning team. And I include Browny in that. Get him on the bench, perhaps instead of Nolan. If J.King is not suspended then for me he starts cos I think he's trying for a new record of yellow cards and it's only fair that the club assist him with this. The injury Redshaw picked up very early on may be a problem, he did struggle on but it did affect his game. Jamie was excellent when he came on, perhaps he's our secret weapon impact player. Lets just stick with the winning formula for now, why fix the wheel when it aint broken?

1 hour ago, shaymen down under said:

Where are the highlights.?