I think there wasn't much in it in the first half in truth. I wouldn't say they dominated however and were nowhere near good enough to be going in 3 up. One of their lads missed a couple of sitters in the opening 10 mins, but other than that I'm struggling to think of a class save Sam made where you would expect them to score. At the same  time their goal came thanks to bad luck on JBW's part. 

In the second half, again it was pretty even for the first 15 mins or so. An argument could be made that they slightly shaded that part of the game, however in the last half an hour, like with Maidenhead we simply blew them away. 

The correct side won. 

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

4-2 brilliant goal.  Allen has been great since coming on. The pace and ability that lad has is fantastic. remember someone saying he wasn’t good enough? @Papa Lazarou

I think it’s healthy for players to have to work their way back in - and for those that get to keep their place to know that when they get a chance, if they shine they actually have a chance at keepin

Dover a big strong team. Thought clarke was fantastic tonight.  Rodney class, is such a threat and has quick feet. Jamie Allen's pace changed the game, excellent assist for Rodney's 2nd. Big big win

Posted Images

A chance to get promotion also to get to Wembley even in the trophy or the play offs, yes these are bad times but got to give credit to our young fans who never seem to grumble but back our team all the time, even heard people grumbling on the way out about certain players but all credit to the players that knew Jordan and must have been difficult playing with the memories that they shared, Not often I say this but well done the board and Mr Wild for bringing 2 gifted players to our club, Rodders and Jacko, after a nightmare journey last night stuck on the M6 for 90 mins and just made it for 745 but loved the journey back singing along to the Eagles in Concert, happy days. and 3pts.

• Like 1

I've got the wife's permission to abandon her and the kids for a week and a bit if we get to two Wembley finals. I offered to bring her with me but apparently leaving Stella (the dog) in charge of toddlers isn't allowed.

A really difficult game & credit to Dover for coming here looking for a win. I thought at half time Pete Wild might revert to a back 4 as we did look vulnerable, but pleased he stuck with the 3 format & 2 wing backs it paid off in the end. Clarke did a manful job on Effiog, who is a real handful, he didn't allow him to turn when he had the ball & harried him into less dangerous areas. The last 20 mins we really went for the jugular & overall deserved the win. Stick to this attacking formation & we could see an exciting final third to the season. Dover will not be far off the play offs, if they continue to push teams when away from home.

Well done Town.

5 hours ago, townmad said:

Listening to their managers comments was interesting, I think they all see what they want to see. He thought they were the better team, their first goal (JBW own goal) was a great goal, our third goal (their own goal ) was a fluke, their disallowed goal should have stood (haven't seen highlights yet) and totally ignored the fact that we should have had a penalty and their man should have been red carded. It's good when you have selective viewing.:lol:

F4CF252B-1005-4B7F-9F96-C85D163E8E82.jpeg

• Like 1
21 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

If all of last nights players are fit to start on Saturday then stick with the winning team. And I include Browny in that. Get him on the bench, perhaps instead of Nolan. If J.King is not suspended then for me he starts cos I think he's trying for a new record of yellow cards and it's only fair that the club assist him with this. The injury Redshaw picked up very early on may be a problem, he did struggle on but it did affect his game. Jamie was excellent when he came on, perhaps he's our secret weapon impact player. Lets just stick with the winning formula for now, why fix the wheel when it aint broken?

I totally get where you are coming from but for me Duckworth should start over J King even if he is not suspended. Binnom also is not match fit and you could state taking out of the team doesn't help this but I feel Brown starting will make us more secure at the back.

Duckworth is a better player than J King. End of. So he should be starting.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FCHT1993 said:

I totally get where you are coming from but for me Duckworth should start over J King even if he is not suspended. Binnom also is not match fit and you could state taking out of the team doesn't help this but I feel Brown starting will make us more secure at the back.

Duckworth is a better player than J King. End of. So he should be starting.

But j king hasnt done alot wrong and took his chance when picked its now back over to duckworth to keep king out of the side its caled competition for places 

Edited by choppiebinkie
  • Like 2
Just now, choppiebinkie said:

But j king hasnt done alot wrong and took his chance when picked its no back over to duckworth to keep out of the side its caled competition for places 

I understand competition for places but Duckworth is better than J King! Duckworth has been player of the season IMO so I cannot fathom why he is not getting picked.

Duckworth > J King every day of the week.

4 hours ago, greg45 said:

I think it’s healthy for players to have to work their way back in - and for those that get to keep their place to know that when they get a chance, if they shine they actually have a chance at keeping their place. If we had straight off dropped J King for Duckworth it probably doesn’t send out the right message.

I’m sure Duckworth will re-take the position, and we haven’t exactly been doing badly these last few games have we?!

Well J King hasn’t shined for me so Duckworth should be in IMO. At the end of the day if we keep winning I’m not that fussed if Peter Wild plays right back 

1 hour ago, FCHT1993 said:

Well J King hasn’t shined for me so Duckworth should be in IMO. At the end of the day if we keep winning I’m not that fussed if Peter Wild plays right back 

Barring his propensity for yellow cards JK has always been pretty reliable when called upon, I don't think his best position is wide right but he has always applied himself when asked to play there. Without his cross at Chorley CK would not have scored & we would have two points less.

1 hour ago, FCHT1993 said:

I think whenever Jeff King has been asked to play he’s done great and he has been good in the position he’s being playing recently 

12 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Jeff King’s cross won us the Chorley game

Correct but his shove in the back cost us the Maidenhead equaliser at home if you’re going down that route. I’m not anti Jeff King I just think Duckworth is better in that position

Edited by FCHT1993
Spelling
9 minutes ago, FCHT1993 said:

Correct but his shove in the back cost us the Maidenhead equaliser at home if you’re going down that route. I’m not anti Jeff King I just think Duckworth is better in that position

Duckworth is clearly a better fullback but I am suggesting King has done a good job as a stand in & also wide right when neither are his accepted position, an adaptable team player in a small squad.