Sign in to follow this  
Flea

Josh Staunton

Is it time for us to take note of his performances of late?

In the past couple of months or so he has simply been getting better and better. Calm and composed on the ball,  covering every blade of grass and giving everything he has. He very rarely gives the ball away and I must have lost count on the amount of times he broke Chorley's play up yesterday. 

I think his performances especially in the last two months have been really good, yet he almost seems to be flying under the radar when it comes to fans acknowledging this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flea said:

In the past couple of months or so he has simply been getting better and better. Calm and composed on the ball,  covering every blade of grass and giving everything he has. He very rarely gives the ball away and I must have lost count on the amount of times he broke Chorley's play up yesterday. 

I think his performances especially in the last two months have been really good, yet he almost seems to be flying under the radar when it comes to fans acknowledging this.

A nice balance with Cooper, they both had good games yesterday and compliment each other well 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flea said:

Totally agree flee,  for me ducky is out on his own as player of the season so far ,  but Staunton is coming up on the rails pretty quickly, you say he’s unnoticed but how can he be when if he had been you wouldn’t have posted on this thread about him  ha ? Like me you’ve noticed him ,I think he’s one of them players you don’t notice when he’s playing but if he’s not you don’t half miss him.

33 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

A nice balance with Cooper, they both had good games yesterday and compliment each other well 

Agree. I do feel we get over run in midfield sometimes as when defending we have a back 5 and cooper/staunton have to cover so much of the pitch from side to side but do it well. Alot have criticised cooper but he is getting better each game,is a grafter and gets stuck in, they compliment eachother well 

3 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Agree. I do feel we get over run in midfield sometimes as when defending we have a back 5 and cooper/staunton have to cover so much of the pitch from side to side but do it well. Alot have criticised cooper but he is getting better each game,is a grafter and gets stuck in, they compliment eachother well 

Agree about cooper, I have criticised him a few times myself, but as you say he’s getting better and better long may it continue .

Staunton is a class player, literally covers every blade of grass which has already been mentioned. Seems to have much more freedom in his game than he had last season under Fullarton. Thi k he is also a very good defender I like the way he can run forward with the ball just don't think him and Clarke were very commanding together 

Agree completely with everything said about him as a footballer but also worth mentioning what a top bloke he is both from what I’ve seen of him off the pitch and on it - has the potential to be a shay legend 

• Like 1

He's got a great technique as a footballer and he times his forward runs well he always seems to be able to be in space. Doesn't always have the finish when he gets in the box but really its not his job. Technically very good and good on the ball, certainly warrants us offering him a new deal

Was a big critic of Josh during our bad run, and will be a good marker when we play Bromley again as at the away fixture he was simply dreadful and bullied. 

However he was been playing really well and been a vital part of the team, for me need to keep him there and bring in suitable cover at centre half especially if Browny is out with any more injuries. 

Staunton is a young player still learning his craft.. sign as a centre back ??  Forced to play defence mid field 

then back into CB role due to browns injury 

now in a box to box midfield role .. the guy needs more time to develop.. he will only get better 

as for cooper ., the guy has a decent pedigree.. and now he is settling in the team it is beginning to show 

onwards and upwards 

Yep, staunton has been a cracking player recently, and I have to say,after my initial concern about Coopers ability, he seems to have improved massively over the last month! Things are looking good atm

1 minute ago, chrisbo61 said:

Yep, staunton has been a cracking player recently, and I have to say,after my initial concern about Coopers ability, he seems to have improved massively over the last month! Things are looking good atm

Steady on Chris this is a bit calm for you, have you got a virus?:o

• Haha 1

I think Staunton is a good example of a player who needs time to bed in at s club. Some players make immediate impacts but some players need a season at a club to bed in and find their feet. 

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Steady on Chris this is a bit calm for you, have you got a virus?:o

No, but after spending a couple of weeks in sunny Spain I'm feeling chilled!

2 minutes ago, rdj said:

Perhaps the 3-5-2 system is helping some players to improve their performances.

The system that had Sho on his own up front did not help anyone in the end apart from the opposition.

Just now, Shaytrev said:

The system that had Sho on his own up front did not help anyone in the end apart from the opposition.

It is frightening to think what it would have been like on saturday playing that system with Tobi on his own up front.  Fortunately we have seen the light.

• Like 1