Sign in to follow this  
Papa Lazarou

Southwell

I suspect we have had to subsidise his wage as I can’t see kings Lynn taking it all on 

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Your forgetting that Cam King is out of contract in the summer. King has bags of quality but he could also be disappearing in 4 months. 

True, but bringing in Dan Gardner isn’t exactly going to persuade him to stay is it? He needs to be our main man in that position for me, been oustanding at times this season and like I say Redshaw can fill in that position of needed. There’s other positions that need improving a lot more than the number 10 position.

22 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Cooper is fine. It had been said CK struggles fitness wise and we dont have another obvious option

Can’t pass, cant tackle and doesn’t go for the second ball but yer apart from that he’s fine.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Cooper is a good player...last few games one of the better players...

Correct. Puts a tackle in. Not scared of being on the ball. There's definitely a player there

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

Can’t pass, cant tackle and doesn’t go for the second ball but yer apart from that he’s fine.

Can’t tackle? He’s one of the only few to actually put his heart and sleeve into a tackle! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Can’t tackle? He’s one of the only few to actually put his heart and sleeve into a tackle! 

Agree he tackles but rarely wins the ball against more substantial players, don't doubt his endeavour & did see signs in the second half Saturday of the form shown in his first two matches for us, hope this continues.

27 minutes ago, Nick said:

I suspect we have had to subsidise his wage as I can’t see kings Lynn taking it all on 

If he’s gone permanently we won’t be paying a thing 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Jeff King and. Browny put their heart and sleeve into tackling unfortunately it is sometimes  mistimed

32 minutes ago, Nick said:

He has been released, mayhe we have had to give him some form of settlement?

36 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Your forgetting that Cam King is out of contract in the summer. King has bags of quality but he could also be disappearing in 4 months. 

This is my worry about king. We signed him incidentally from Kings Lynn and they look they will be in conference next season. Makes sense to me that he may rejoin them next season as they are local and are on the up. I would if I was in his position.

Edited by shaymen down under

1 hour ago, Flea said:

I've no ill feeling towards Southwell. He tried, I respect that.  I wish him well at Kings Lynn. 

With that said, this is a good move for both us as a club, as I doubt he would feature for us going forward, and also for him to get back to playing and hopefully showing what he can do. By all accounts a pretty heavy wage too, so its got to be a plus. 

About £1200 freed up with that departure. Hope we invest wisely.

• Like 1

Just now, shaymenRup said:

Wishing Southwell all the best. Never really hit the heights with us.

Be interesting to observe his progress at Kings Lynn if any, still have a sneaky feeling he will score goals in the right team.

Understandable as to why we signed Southwell as he'd just come off the back of a good spell at a relegated Guiesley. It was however pretty clear early last season that he was along with the likes of Preston and Edwards simply not up to the standard required. 

6 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Understandable as to why we signed Southwell as he'd just come off the back of a good spell at a relegated Guiesley. It was however pretty clear early last season that he was along with the likes of Preston and Edwards simply not up to the standard required. 

Had he been played in his correct position from the off we may have seen a different player 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Had he been played in his correct position from the off we may have seen a different player 

JF gambled on him being able to play up top on his own and it didn't pay off.

I’m not even sure he will start for Kings Lynn.

Their front two of Michael Gash and Adam Marriott score regularly and get lots of praise. 

23 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

What ever position he played he seemed off the pace imo, he had plenty chances.