Sign in to follow this  
Richmond96

Reasons to be cheerful

Old fashioned shoulder charge from King and no foul. Had Browny done it people would be saying he was just stronger than the Maidenhead player, but as it was King he was yesterday's target for the fans. We played some lovely stuff yesterday especially second half. People moaning about Stauntons performance saying he was running all over the place, let's get Nolan back in then and play keep ball in front of the back 4? Its 5th division football, energy, drive, passion and work rate coupled with footballing ability suited to the level goes a long way and Stainton fits that bill. After a dodgy couple of months the team looks to have some balance about it and I believe a play off place is within our grasp. A big 3 weeks ahead of the team now, Chorley, Dover, Bromley and the FA Trophy game could set us up for an exciting spring 

Edited by Papa Lazarou
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Old fashioned shoulder charge from King and no foul. 

Do you think it wasn’t a foul then that led to their goal? 

Edited by TJAshton

I like Kings attitude, and his ability, but his brain goes awol every now and again. He simply needs managing. He went too far yesterday and needlessly conceded fouls on a couple of occasions in the first half, one led to their first goal. The crowd rightly gave him a bit of stick and he reacted back. Luckily he settled down. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

It was 100% a foul and the lad was heading towards the corner flag so he didnt need to do it at all. He also did exactly the same a few minutes earlier in our attacking half by the corner flag, both braindead decisions by king who also stupidly got booked again. Apart from them errors he actually did ok but Duckworth starts there for me next week

• Like 2

Deffo a (needless) foul by King that led to their goal. As has been said their guy was going away from goal and whilst  King might have used his shoulder it was into the guys back imo. One of the few decisions the ref got right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Old fashioned shoulder charge from King and no foul. Had Browny done it people would be saying he was just stronger than the Maidenhead player, but as it was King he was yesterday's target for the fans. We played some lovely stuff yesterday especially second half. People moaning about Stauntons performance saying he was running all over the place, let's get Nolan back in then and play keep ball in front of the back 4? Its 5th division football, energy, drive, passion and work rate coupled with footballing ability suited to the level goes a long way and Stainton fits that bill. After a dodgy couple of months the team looks to have some balance about it and I believe a play off place is within our grasp. A big 3 weeks ahead of the team now, Chorley, Dover, Bromley and the FA Trophy game could set us up for an exciting spring 

A foul every day of the week by king, he was behind the player not too the side and went straight through the back of him with his shoulder. Silly foul to give away.

• Like 1

Maidenhead have a dreadful home record however away from home sat in 5th prior to yesterday. 

Lets not down play the win. The last half hour or so especially was at the bench mark we should be aspiring to play at every game. 

32 minutes ago, Flea said:

Maidenhead have a dreadful home record however away from home sat in 5th prior to yesterday. 

Lets not down play the win. The last half hour or so especially was at the bench mark we should be aspiring to play at every game. 

I agree let's not play down the win, but maybe play down the scoreline. We played well late into the game but only after Maidenheads legs went (part time team). As another post has said, the game was hanging in the balance and the brown booking was the pivotal moment. We had a back 5 in the first half with no width up front. Luckily Wild turned it around. 

49 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

I agree let's not play down the win, but maybe play down the scoreline. We played well late into the game but only after Maidenheads legs went (part time team). As another post has said, the game was hanging in the balance and the brown booking was the pivotal moment. We had a back 5 in the first half with no width up front. Luckily Wild turned it around. 

Maidenhead are not part time, they run the exact same hybrid model that we do. 

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

See beer goggle post for explanation.

17 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Maidenhead are not part time, they run the exact same hybrid model that we do. 

I'll shoot my messenger!! 

1 hour ago, shaymen_x said:

I'm only going on write ups and commentary etc but for a quite a while performances have been quite good first half but then in the second half the defence has moved too deep and the team haven't always gone at teams in the second half. The weather was a motivating factor last week but it's good to see the lads have  a strong second half.

Edited by Erik Everhard