Sign in to follow this  
Richmond96

Reasons to be cheerful

5 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Why do you assume that anyone who has an opinion contrary to your own must be intoxicated? You do this a lot. It was slightly amusing the first time but that was many posts ago. 

Because they are so way off the mark they have obviously been drinking alcohol. Still waiting for the Tobi fan club to arrive to tell us how superb he was when he came on. Perhaps none of them attended the Man City anniversary do.

Edited by Shaytrev

Really don't think this side is far off now. Defence is solid, up top we are a massive threat with Redshaw & Rodney. Just think we are lacking one more midfielder. Then we would be a force. 

• Like 1

Cooper improved a lot after his goal, thought Staunton was anonymous for much of the game . The second goal from Ironmotor was pretty much unstoppable so no defensive blame on that one

56 minutes ago, andrich said:

I thought at first that you were suggesting that we’d score 600!

Well we would score 600 if Sho Silva was playing but that bloody Wild won’t start him now ffs!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Strange how different fans see different performances in players WB. I thought Staunton was one of our stand out players today & most of the season. When we tried to attack with pace in the second half he was all over the pitch covering for other players who were pushing forward. He does a lot of the hard graft of closing down that goes unnoticed. Also good to see big Sam using the throw a lot more, much more accurate than hoofing.

See the beer goggle thread.

We by passed midfield all first half and much of the second half . Pass the ball about a bit, ball ends up at Matty Brown, Brown does an hopeful hoof forward . Strange thing about Staunton is that people only notice him when he's running around chasing shadows (I think it's called Hibbs syndrome)

30 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

We by passed midfield all first half and much of the second half . Pass the ball about a bit, ball ends up at Matty Brown, Brown does an hopeful hoof forward . Strange thing about Staunton is that people only notice him when he's running around chasing shadows (I think it's called Hibbs syndrome)

Staunton is a good player. End of

image.thumb.png.8bc6343981c100e82cff05a4556928af.png

15 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

If he had scored at the end of his Messi impersonation in front of the South Stand in the second half the place would have erupted after seeing the greatest goal ever scored.............hic!

image.png

image.png

Edited by Shaytrev

7 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Staunton is much better driving forward as he did in the last twenty minutes, rooted in the centre circle heading vertical balls back to the opposition & missing tackles he can be a liability. He is more than capable on the ball as he proven many times, just needs to slow down at times instead of going into headless chicken mode. Hundred percenter &  I do like him.

1 minute ago, Roy Race said:

Staunton is much better driving forward as he did in the last twenty minutes, rooted in the centre circle heading vertical balls back to the opposition & missing tackles he can be a liability. He is more than capable on the ball as he proven many times, just needs to slow down at times instead of going into headless chicken mode. Hundred percenter &  I do like him.

He got forward earlier in th season when Town were playing well and winning. Let's hope he continues and those around him give him the confidence to get forward more.

2 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

We win, score 5 and yet some people still moan and say its more that maidenhead were rubbish rather than we were good :doh:

May have missed them but don't recollect any posts suggesting Maidenhead were rubbish, we played well if a little patchy but took our goals well.

One thing I was going to ask about, and he's one of the players that hasn't been mentioned (which can be a good thing), is how did Williams do?

No news is good news I take it?

9 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

One thing I was going to ask about, and he's one of the players that hasn't been mentioned (which can be a good thing), is how did Williams do?

Still did well defensively. If he does **** up he has the pace to get back and to say he’s not the tallest he wins every header :lol:

9 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

He's doing well there. He's yet to come up against a winger that's properly done him so to speak but as good as he has done sometimes you can tell it's not his natural position. He dives in a fair bit and gets very very tight to his man. Whereas say Duckworth would probably pick and choose when to get tight and when to back off. Still he is new to the role and he is performing admirably in it.

Only down side was kings stupid challenge that led to their goal and he also did exactly the same when we were attacking, sure he’ll be suspended now

24 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Only down side was kings stupid challenge that led to their goal and he also did exactly the same when we were attacking, sure he’ll be suspended now

Think as of 26/12 he had 8 so 2 since + 1 cup game so should be suspended. prob 2 games so will be lucky to get his place back when he returns.

40 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Think as of 26/12 he had 8 so 2 since + 1 cup game so should be suspended. prob 2 games so will be lucky to get his place back when he returns.

When his replacement is pinging in volleys from the edge of the box I'd be surprised to see him get back in there but remember he isn't a full back, he just then becomes another option in the middle of the park

11 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Have to say I never saw the point in D Williams wide left, to be fair don't think he did either. As a LB he has excelled, I am a convert Binnom Williams is going to struggle to dislodge him.

• Like 1

Another reason, have a look at how many of the top 10 we have left to play compared to the rest...