Sign in to follow this  
Richmond96

Reasons to be cheerful

Goals in the team again. A subs bench that can positively influence a game. The Non League Mesi plays for us. A solid defence. CK regaining fitness. The Board driving us forward. 

21 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

Goals in the team again. A subs bench that can positively influence a game. The Non League Mesi plays for us. A solid defence. CK regaining fitness. The Board driving us forward. 

I agree with all the points but I suspect Sam and our defence and team are dissaponted to concede 2 goals.

Sign of a good side.

So good to hear the plaudits for Staunton. It makes me wonder how raw he was two seasons ago. Don't let the hairline fool you, he's still 24!

Nice to have the guts to look at the table again, only to see AFC Flyde are 22nd.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Staunton has been class all season.

One blip at Harrogate when he equalised...............................................for them.

26 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

And a superb performance from Charlie Cooper today 

Jamie Allen didn, t do bad when he came on.Cooper was decent no way was he superb. 

5 minutes ago, shaymanrik said:

I disagree i thought he was superb a well taken goal and he never stopped. 

Yes. The only chink in his armour was his cancrine Butch Wilkinsesque passing. 

14 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Yes. The only chink in his armour was his cancrine Butch Wilkinsesque passing. 

Definitely, one really bad pass in the first minute that set them on attack instead of us, a couple more up to half time.

Lets hope this form is going to continue and build to a crescendo.

First up - Chorley - lets hope we can go in numbers and shout the lads home.

It certainly feels like we have turned a corner!

38 minutes ago, shaymanrik said:

I disagree i thought he was superb a well taken goal and he never stopped. 

Took his goal superbly but too many lofted passes in first 55mins for me, good in latter stages when Maidenhead tired.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Definitely, one really bad pass in the first minute that set them on attack instead of us, a couple more up to half time.

A non league footballer makes a bad pass!!! Well blow me down. Cant wait to see MOTD and see top flight footballers with 100% pass completion

Edited by Papa Lazarou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

A non league footballer makes a bad pass!!! Well blow me down. Cant wait to see MOTD and see top flight footballers with 100% pass completion

In the first half clever dick his overall passing was average at best, So, I would not call his performance superb.

4 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

In the first half clever dick his overall passing was average at best, So, I would not call his performance superb.

Agreed. He really didn, t stand out till the final 30 minutes. Took his goal  very well mind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ashy1966 said:

Agreed. He really didn, t stand out till the final 30 minutes. Took his goal  very well mind. 

Aye, as I said this morning, there will be some beer goggle assessments later from attendees of the Man City anniversary. Everything looks superb after 15 pints.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

But passing is only one facet of a player's game and his tackling and tireless running was very good. Leaving the field of play at the end, he looked as if he'd barely broke sweat. 

1 minute ago, Che Bentos said:

But passing is only one facet of a player's game and his tackling and tireless running was very good. Leaving the field of play at the end, he looked as if he'd barely broke sweat. 

Another clever dick in beer goggles.

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Chorley next week I reckon we might take 600. Make a good atmosphere and get another 3 points!! 

I thought at first that you were suggesting that we’d score 600!

First half was pretty much devoid of entertainment and invention. Second half we expanded and it was so more entertaining. Just need to create a link with midfield to bring it together for 90 mins every game and box off the play offs. Brilliant throw from Sam J for the assist to one of the goals.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Another clever dick in beer goggles.

Why do you assume that anyone who has an opinion contrary to your own must be intoxicated? You do this a lot. It was slightly amusing the first time but that was many posts ago. 

• Like 2